So I"m trying to talk my friends into going to Universal

TheAviator

<font color=blue>I don't always live dangerously,
I have some close friends that have been really poor all their life and have just come into some fairly major $$$$. They don't vacation much at all but have gone to the beach lately in the Florida panhandle. I know 100% they would fall in love with Universal and I'm trying to hint and talk them into it without being too pushy :rotfl: I am going to suggest them youtubing some of the rides and stuff, but anyone else got any suggestions to tell them that would push them over the edge.

My one friend has 2 teenage girls and I know they would LOVE it, my friends themselves I know would love it. They are just a little hard headed and are hard pressed to try new things. I had made suggestions about the beach before and they finally went and fell in love, now its about all they can talk about, but I know they would be 100% addicted to Universal if they would just take the plunge and GO! Any suggestions? :confused3

Start sending them youtube videos of the rides? There are many excellent ones!

Universal released this VHS (years ago..) called Ride the Movies and it gave a behind the scenes look at Universal Studios Hollywood and my Disney family saw it and we were like, yeah we got to go. They must have some newer DVD promotional items and/or Universal has been featured on Travel Channel and other cable channels (like History, Discovery, MSNBC, etc.). Go to these channel websites and see what they have (especially NBC since that is Universal and they really should have something). It's very inspiring to watch these kinds of videos and makes you want to go immediately to these parks. I know they did something recently for HP that I believe aired on some NBC channel. I suggest sending one of these to your friends since they are professionally done. Good luck.

Tell them about all the live music and special concerts at Studios during Mardi Gras weekends and at the Summer Concerts. Explain that the things they may hate, like swarms of strollers and crying babies stay away from Universal and go to Disney World. And all the stuff the previous posters said.

Yes Ben & Jerry's is in the New York Section of Studios, and also sold in Toon lagoon. There are rumors of them opening up a shop in Citywalk soon also.

Yes Ben & Jerry's is in the New York Section of Studios, and also sold in Toon lagoon. There are rumors of them opening up a shop in Citywalk soon also.

i read that thread too and have been lost before on threads. :hug:

getting back to this topic, buy the friends a chocolate frog and they will want more of them.

tell them they can buy more at the darkside........

direct them to www.universalorlando.com and have them search through that.
like the others posted, tell them to go to the sites listed in pposts and youtube

I have some close friends that have been really poor all their life and have just come into some fairly major $$$$. They don't vacation much at all but have gone to the beach lately in the Florida panhandle. I know 100% they would fall in love with Universal and I'm trying to hint and talk them into it without being too pushy :rotfl: I am going to suggest them youtubing some of the rides and stuff, but anyone else got any suggestions to tell them that would push them over the edge.

My one friend has 2 teenage girls and I know they would LOVE it, my friends themselves I know would love it. They are just a little hard headed and are hard pressed to try new things. I had made suggestions about the beach before and they finally went and fell in love, now its about all they can talk about, but I know they would be 100% addicted to Universal if they would just take the plunge and GO! Any suggestions? :confused3

Well, if I was in your shoes, I would start fangirling or fanboying excitedly over my favorite attractions there in front of them so they too get hyped up. For instance, I have obsessions with Beetlejuice, E.T., and Harry Potter. So, what I do with my friends is I just go crazy showing them videos and telling them about how exciting it is to go! :)

Like, next time you see them, act excited about the subject and ask them to watch some of the youtube videos of rides and attractions with you. :)

And show them pix of the resorts.
Tell them about the free unlimited Express pass you get for staying onsite at one of the 3 resorts. It's good from the time you check in until midnight the day you check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter