• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So...I just saw Prom Night

I thought it was good.
I paid too much for it though.
I thought when the guy got strangled on the bed was funny, me kelsi and kelley laughed our butts off when the people died.

A couple of us friends were planning on going a couple weeks ago but never talked anymore about it except once.

Glad we didn't. I heard it was bad.
But then I heard from others it was good.
I don't think I would've liked it.

That movie was hysterical because it was so horrible. I hate crappy re-makes.

Most horror movies these days are pretty bad.
They get worse and worse.
:/

I agree.
They gave it so much anticipation, but the only good thing was that it kind of kept you on the edge.
Overall plot wasn't that great, IMO.

I thought it was so-so. I dont think "horror" movies these days are any good, in my opinion.

It did suck.
Thats what was so great about it. My friend and I went to see it, and the auidience relationship was just amazing. It was a bunch of young people, and heres how it started :

When she was watching her mother die in the beginning, the auidience squealed. None of us were scared, but it was just fun to play along, and then all of the sudden out of no where this guy screamed "SHUT UP, IM TRYING TO WATCH THE GIRL GET KILLED!!" then we all came out of our shell and made fun of the movie. It was soo great. Then when they all heard that he had escaped on the night of her prom, another person screamed "OH EM GEE, WOW. ANOTHER 'unexpected' FLIPPIN PLOT TWIST."

It was a blast. No ushers came in, the people in the projection room were laughing their heads off with us.

Yeah, it was terrible. The plot was nonexistent, and it wasn't surprising at all.
But you can't really go into a teen-horror movie expecting an Oscar nominated gem, either.

It was a PG-13 horror movie, it had suck written all over it.

It was completely predictable and crappy, but when I went with a group of friends to see it, the theatre filled with pre-teens. My friend, Seth, and I turned to each other just before people started showing up, and were like, "This place is going to be full of little girls who have JUST turned 13, so they can see the movie. It's going to be great."

And it was.

They screamed at everything. She closes the medicene cabinet? They scream? Let's see what's behind the closet door? You couldn't even hear the ominous music over their high-pitched squeals. We had a row of about 13 people that were writhing in the seats in laughter. It was great. We decided to buy the movie to watch at band camp, that way we who saw the movie can scream at all the appropriate spots - namely, every five minutes, unless something's going on that's accompanied by music. Then you screech through all of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter