• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So I just got a package from ABD... and NEWS! (sort of)

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
I got a package from ABD. It contained a water bottle & a carrier sling, and a letter, welcoming me as an ABD VIP Guest. I don't know if it's because I'm a returning guest, or because I've done 3 ABD's. The letter didn't specify. It encourages me to look at doing it again, especially the new Egypt trip. I have a concierge now, it appears, although I'm not sure what the specific benefits are. I'll be interested to see if any show up...

Anywhoo, it also gives me some "insider" news. I'm not sure how insider this really is, but since it's tomorrow, I think I can say that it says there will be a special offer announced tomorrow (November 16). No clue as to what it is, but it says to watch my inbox or check out the website. So we shall see...

Sayhello

That sounds exciting! I wonder what you are entitled to as a VIP (other than a conceirge)!

Thanks for sharing with us! I could be enticed into booking another ABD (assuming they do come out with the ABD option for our med. cruise in June:rolleyes1) if the price was right:goodvibes!!

Now I'm curious as to see what the new offer is.We are thinking of doing Back Stage but the weeks we are looking at are on wait list?Have to wait until tomorrow or until you tell us what is up :confused3

Interesting...I'm curious to see who else will get this VIP status. I guess it's just my suspicious mind working, but perhaps they have come up with this and you are one of the first due to the fact that they figured out who your are and that you are a moderator on this board and seem to have a lot of influence and people are always wanting to hear your opinion (which for the most part is extremely positive towards ABD)...they know that you will of course spread the good word and "if Sayhello says it's good, it must be"...perhaps you have become an advertising tool for ABD??...Just a thought. Anyhow, I'll be waiting for my water bottle and welcome-to-the-club letter...I'm sure it's on it's way, lol!;)

That sounds exciting! I wonder what you are entitled to as a VIP (other than a conceirge)!

Thanks for sharing with us! I could be enticed into booking another ABD (assuming they do come out with the ABD option for our med. cruise in June:rolleyes1) if the price was right:goodvibes!!
ABD told me last week that they are *definitely* doing the add-on for *ALL* the Med cruises in 2011 (I can't believe I forgot to post that!). But they had *no* details beyond that. ABD told me to ask DCL. DCL told me to call ABD. :sad2: They still haven't worked that part out yet...

Now I'm curious as to see what the new offer is.We are thinking of doing Back Stage but the weeks we are looking at are on wait list?Have to wait until tomorrow or until you tell us what is up :confused3
The waitlists are usually where a travel agent has arranged for an exclusive departure, but if they don't sell enough spots, ABD will open it to the general public. I hope yours works out. What date are you looking at? DU has 2 of those waitlisted dates...

Sayhello

Very interesting! We haven't received anything (we have 4 under our belt and one booked for next August--2010 was the first year we haven't done an ABD trip)---I don't need another water bottle, but the VIP status...hmmm. Maybe a point program is on its way? Earn free pre-night?? Keep us posted SayHello!

The package and letter DH received from AbD tonight was a very nice surprise.

While our family has taken 4 AbD trips, the letter makes reference to only our most recent 2008 trip.

I'm thinking that possibly there is some connection with the AbD insider news and the DVC Disney Traveler Webcast that begins at 9AM EST tomorrow.

Very interesting! We haven't received anything (we have 4 under our belt and one booked for next August--2010 was the first year we haven't done an ABD trip)---I don't need another water bottle, but the VIP status...hmmm. Maybe a point program is on its way? Earn free pre-night?? Keep us posted SayHello!
I'll let you know as soon as I do!

The package and letter DH received from AbD tonight was a very nice surprise.

While our family has taken 4 AbD trips, the letter makes reference to only our most recent 2008 trip.

I'm thinking that possibly there is some connection with the AbD insider news and the DVC Disney Traveler Webcast that begins at 9AM EST tomorrow.
My letter referred to my most recent trip, also, but that was the 2010 Med cruise add-on.

Do you have a link for that DVC Webcast? I'd be interested to see what they say...

Sayhello

I registered for the webcast a few weeks ago. The postcard I got today said to use the link provided in my confirmation email (I don't know if that would work for anyone other than the registered person) or go to www.DVCTravelerMagic.com. I plan to watch it tomorrow and will report if I note any connection. The webcast can to viewed anytime between 9AM-Midnight EST. The DIS DVC board is usually right on top of everything and frequently post things almost instantly. The DVC posters, like you sayhello and so many others, are very generous with helpful and timely information.

I registered for the webcast a few weeks ago. The postcard I got today said to use the link provided in my confirmation email (I don't know if that would work for anyone other than the registered person) or go to www.DVCTravelerMagic.com. I plan to watch it tomorrow and will report if I note any connection. The webcast can to viewed anytime between 9AM-Midnight EST. The DIS DVC board is usually right on top of everything and frequently post things almost instantly. The DVC posters, like you sayhello and so many others, are very generous with helpful and timely information.
Thanks, DisneyMeMa! I've registered, so I'll go check the webcast when I get a chance (probably lunch time). I appreciate you sharing this info, and any connections with us!

So far, I haven't seen anything on the website. And I can't access my home email from work, so I guess I'll just have to wait & see...

Sayhello

I got the VIP package delivered yesterday! It was a wonderful surprise, so now I'm watching my email today. Still..... nothing yet.

We're excited because we've been thinking/hoping about a combined ABD/DCL trip in 2011. My fingers are crossed for good VIP deals.

We haven't gotten anything in our inbox from AbD about any special offers today. I also checked the AbD web site. I found no news there either.

I watched the DVC Disney Traveler Webcast (actually twice) this morning. There was no mention of AbD. The webcast included information about Let the Memories Begin, Memories Unwrapped and current incentives for DVC members to add on points to their DVC membership. There was no DVC connection in the webcast with AbD. I thought there was a possibility there would be. There wasn't. I suppose it is just a coincidence that both announced they would have insider news on 11/16.

We haven't gotten anything in our inbox from AbD about any special offers today. I also checked the AbD web site. I found no news there either.

I watched the DVC Disney Traveler Webcast (actually twice) this morning. There was no mention of AbD. The webcast included information about Let the Memories Begin, Memories Unwrapped and current incentives for DVC members to add on points to their DVC membership. There was no DVC connection in the webcast with AbD. I thought there was a possibility there would be. There wasn't. I suppose it is just a coincidence that both announced they would have insider news on 11/16.
Thanks, DisneyMeMa. It does sound like a coincidence. I just wish ABD would go ahead & announce whatever it was already!

Sayhello

We talked to a AAA agent today--she said the current new promotion by ABD was to encourage people who have previously gone with ABD but not booked for 2011 to book a trip. Since we booked for 2011 (Peru) I guess we are not receiving anything. Disappointing IF this is some new VIP program with points etc--but if it is just to encourage bookings, then oh well.

We talked to a AAA agent today--she said the current new promotion by ABD was to encourage people who have previously gone with ABD but not booked for 2011 to book a trip. Since we booked for 2011 (Peru) I guess we are not receiving anything. Disappointing IF this is some new VIP program with points etc--but if it is just to encourage bookings, then oh well.
Personally, from the tone of the letter, I'm thinking it was to encourage bookings. I really didn't see any indication that there was any sort of rewards program going on. That was mostly wishful thinking... :confused3

Interesting that they're starting to care about return bookings, though!

Sayhello

Personally, from the tone of the letter, I'm thinking it was to encourage bookings. I really didn't see any indication that there was any sort of rewards program going on. That was mostly wishful thinking... :confused3

Interesting that they're starting to care about return bookings, though!

Sayhello
:confused3 I have not received anything yet.I took 3 abd trips. Iam not sure if UPS tried to deliver something yesterday. They left their slip for signature and i filled in the signature area. They have not attempted anymore deliveries today. Unless the package i received yesterday of music cds was the package and ups checked the wrong boxes.:laughing: Anyways i am not planning any big trips next year.

I got the VIP package delivered yesterday! It was a wonderful surprise, so now I'm watching my email today. Still..... nothing yet.

We're excited because we've been thinking/hoping about a combined ABD/DCL trip in 2011. My fingers are crossed for good VIP deals.

I enjoyed reading your very entertaining Southwest Splendors trip report. It brought back fond memories from our 2007 trip. And Grand Junction Airport is our all-time favorite U.S. airport for convenience and friendliness! LOL

I just got an email from ABD saying they're giving away $500/$300 gift cards for select international/U.S. itineraries. Second year in a row that I missed a promotion.

I just got an email from ABD saying they're giving away $500/$300 gift cards for select international/U.S. itineraries. Second year in a row that I missed a promotion.
Interesting! Still nothing on the website (I even tried clearing my cache to make sure it wasn't just because it wasn't refreshing...) I wonder which "select" itineraries it will be? That's great for the folks who qualify for it. My hopes are to be taking the DU exclusive K&L trip next year, so I doubt it will qualify. And it won't qualify for DU's Gift Card, either. I missed out on the free cruise, too, although I wasn't too upset about that. Really don't care about a 3-night cruise to Nassau! But a $500 or $300 gift card? That would be nice to have.

:wizard::goodvibes Correction! Ups delivered the ABD VIP package to me tonight.:)
Seems like you *are* a VIP! ;) Although I'm not too sure about this whole philosophy of only being a VIP if you haven't signed up for a 2011 trip yet... :confused3

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter