So I got an email today from Disney, regarding the fiasco on Monday!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I said I couldn’t make a park reservation in 8 hours of trying. I was told that once I make 12 reservations, I cannot make any more! I couldn’t even make one, and that was the answer!! The rest of the e-mail explains that once I use a day, I can make another day.

It‘s not only Disney IT that is pathetic.

Last edited:
We got to our off-property Resort with lazy river last night. The checkin lady said she’d had to tell a bunch of people who had driven down from NY-NJ area that they were not allowed to use the pool until after their 14 day quarantine.
My heart bleeds for them.
That just sucks.
Can you imagine driving all that way, reservation in hand for that heartbreak?
Ya, ya, they should have known blah blah, but geez.
As for this ticketing/park reservations fiasco - I never expected it to work. We got our first stay covered in September but our January trip is glitchy as AP is expiring for one of us and I can’t get through to renew it. Bastidges*

*Johnny Dangerously reference

I called as I was only originally able to book reservations for my August trip. That was a system error they fixed.

At that point, was informed the APH maximum (even with resort reservations) is 14 days.

Naturally, I tested that statement. Indeed, I wasn’t able to make the 15th

Was told the system is a ‘rolling’ one. When you see the first day of your entitlement, it frees up to book another date. Not sure if it starts once you enter a park or is available the next day.

Another thing I was informed of is ‘no shows’. There is a three-strike policy if you don’t cancel, I didn’t take notes on that aspect, sorry.

The checkin lady said she’d had to tell a bunch of people who had driven down from NY-NJ area that they were not allowed to use the pool until after their 14 day quarantine.
That just sucks.

what I can’t imagine is having the gall to decide to drive all that way, fully knowing there were quarantines in effect. Difficult to believe they were unaware. Those in the NY-NJ area are well-versed in the safety protocols of this pandemic.

Cancelling a vacation is indeed upsetting but going to venture it doesn’t begin to compare to the heartbreak of those stricken & their families.

I said I couldn’t make a park reservation in 8 hours of trying. I was told that once I make 12 reservations, I cannot make any more! I couldn’t even make one, and that was the answer!! The rest of the e-mail explains that once I use a day, I can make another day.

I feel like the decision makers have turned this into a real mess. The rules are confusing, the systems don't work right, they set it up so too many people are trying to call in at the same time, etc.

I've spent more time than I'd care to admit on hold with Disney over the past several months as I've tried to get things changed and so forth (Obviously I don't just sit there on hold, I'm trimming trees, mowing the yard, shopping at Costco, attempting to work - zoom meeting in one ear & hold music in the other - maybe I just admitted how much time I've spent on hold?).

The cast members I've actually spoken with have been amazingly friendly and really try to help. They've been great given what they've had to deal with. I feel they've been put in a difficult, bordering on unfair situation.

I know that nobody asked for this, and part of me thinks Disney is trying to be fair and accommodating. But in many, many areas I think the plan and execution has been hot garbage.

Sorry you had that bad experience and sorry the response was so off target. You deserve much, much better.

I called as I was only originally able to book reservations for my August trip. That was a system error they fixed.

At that point, was informed the APH maximum (even with resort reservations) is 14 days.

Naturally, I tested that statement. Indeed, I wasn’t able to make the 15th

Was told the system is a ‘rolling’ one. When you see the first day of your entitlement, it frees up to book another date. Not sure if it starts once you enter a park or is available the next day.

Another thing I was informed of is ‘no shows’. There is a three-strike policy if you don’t cancel, I didn’t take notes on that aspect, sorry.

what I can’t imagine is having the gall to decide to drive all that way, fully knowing there were quarantines in effect. Difficult to believe they were unaware. Those in the NY-NJ area are well-versed in the safety protocols of this pandemic.

Cancelling a vacation is indeed upsetting but going to venture it doesn’t begin to compare to the heartbreak of those stricken & their families.
Unfortunately, you can find many people here on the DIS saying it doesn’t matter because no one will check. So I am not surprised people have gone despite the quarantines.

Not how I roll... I take this seriously and have no problem waiting for quarantines to be lifted. Given the new one for people entering NJ from Florida, I switched my ressie from August to November and am hoping for the best.

There are a lot of people that my heart “bleeds” for in these awful times. But folk who pile into a car and blithely drive over 1000 miles for a vacation without bothering to check on current travel and quarantine rules are not included in that list.

Last edited:
We got to our off-property Resort with lazy river last night. The checkin lady said she’d had to tell a bunch of people who had driven down from NY-NJ area that they were not allowed to use the pool until after their 14 day quarantine.
That just sucks.
As for this ticketing/park reservations fiasco - I never expected it to work. We got our first stay covered in September but our January trip is glitchy as AP is expiring for one of us and I can’t get through to renew it. Bastidges*

And I'll raise you with a "Ducks and Bunnies!"

Seriously, though, that's unfortunate. I fantasize about renting a car near home (northwestern NJ) with out of state plates. Like maybe PA plates from the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton airport and driving down. It's a fantasy.

I'm OK about not using a pool in FL. I wouldn't anyway. We have a pool in the backyard, so though I love to swim, I am OK avoiding public pools. Was there anything else they couldn't do? Could they leave the premises and go to restaurants, or one of the beaches, like in Coco or Daytona? So sad for them.

I take this seriously and have no problem waiting for quarantines to be lifted. Given the new one for people entering NJ from Florida, I switched my ressie from August to November and am hoping for the best.

I don't mind quarantine when I return to NJ. Heck, I was going to do that anyway because I'm a software engineer and that's how we roll. But because of the quarantine on arriving in Florida, F&W starting on July 15th, and park reservations opening up on June 22, on Friday, June 19th I moved our booking for BWV to early September. Then this week, with things getting worse by the day in FL, and DeSantis backpedalling, . . . who knows when things will open up. Any ideas about where and how to self-quarantine on the cheap in Florida? I was thinking about buying and flipping a condo, but that seems excessive--and expensive--for two weeks of self-quarantine.

Anyone else out there going a bit mad, or are we all mad here?

Someone is lying to you, I made 36 Park Pass reservations.

...what I can’t imagine is having the gall to decide to drive all that way, fully knowing there were quarantines in effect. Difficult to believe they were unaware. Those in the NY-NJ area are well-versed in the safety protocols of this pandemic.

This! There is no way they didn't know.

There are a lot of people that my heart “bleeds” for in these awful times. But folk who pile into a car and blithely drive over 1000 miles for a vacation without bothering to check on current travel and quarantine rules are not included in that list.

YES! Quarantine Dodgers.

‘Lucky’ you, perhaps you should also buy some lottery tickets I’d not edit them as That is an exception

It took me over 40 hours of nonstop trying, before I was allowed to make more than three, there was no luck involved. I know multiple people that have gotten more than 14 passes

In 2020 only? I currently have 18 days of park reservations from two 2020 and one 2021 trip.

We have 15. However I can't make any for our off site April trip. We should be able to make 3. It's infuriating.

It took me over 40 hours of nonstop trying, before I was allowed to make more than three, there was no luck involved. I know multiple people that have gotten more than 14 passes
call it what you will, luck, persistence, pixie dust...IMO it’s an uncommonly good thing for you and a select few others. I appreciate the ones I have.

Not about to devote much more time to the process than i already have, probably have 10 hours in total. Surely, not about to pass judgment on how many hours a person feels comfortable devoting to the process.

Enjoy your park passes, may we all stay safe & all of our trips happen.:wizard:

Unfortunately, you can find many people here on the DIS saying it doesn’t matter because no one will check. So I am not surprised people have gone despite the quarantines.

Not how I roll... I take this seriously and have no problem waiting for quarantines to be lifted. Given the new one for people entering NJ from Florida, I switched my ressie from August to November and am hoping for the best.
BUT, calling the Florida COVID-19 hotline, then being told to email the Florida Dept of Health, yields no real information. Almost the same as Disney, just responding back with the policy on the website (with Disney, it has to do with Jambo and an upcoming stay asking will I be cancelled or moved).

The Florida policy is: "all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida". So, does this mean if I am entering from a 14 day stay in South Carolina (I am), I don't need to quarantine? That was the question I asked the hotline, told to email, and got a response that basically was a non-answer. It just stated the sentence I quoted. Frustrating.

I also asked Disney if I fulfilled the quarantine requirement if I was in SC for 14 days prior to entering Florida. I was told yes, just to let them know. (We have friends in Boca Raton where we'll spend the quarantine if we decide not to visit SC because of the increasing cases there. Again, Disney said just a statement. How would I be able to show that I stayed at a friend anyway? This is confusing).

That just sucks.

Independent of the need for the quarantine. If the resort knows where you are from, and they intend to enforce the quarantine in this manner, I would expect them to notify you before your arrival. If they do not know where you are from or how to contact you that's different, but most reservations have an address and contact info attached to them.

Independent of the need for the quarantine. If the resort knows where you are from, and they intend to enforce the quarantine in this manner, I would expect them to notify you before your arrival. If they do not know where you are from or how to contact you that's different, but most reservations have an address and contact info attached to them.
Ya, this place doesn’t have any idea until people arrive as each unit is rented independently through each owner. The resort management is a different company met at check-in.

BUT, calling the Florida COVID-19 hotline, then being told to email the Florida Dept of Health, yields no real information. Almost the same as Disney, just responding back with the policy on the website (with Disney, it has to do with Jambo and an upcoming stay asking will I be cancelled or moved).

The Florida policy is: "all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida". So, does this mean if I am entering from a 14 day stay in South Carolina (I am), I don't need to quarantine? That was the question I asked the hotline, told to email, and got a response that basically was a non-answer. It just stated the sentence I quoted. Frustrating.

I also asked Disney if I fulfilled the quarantine requirement if I was in SC for 14 days prior to entering Florida. I was told yes, just to let them know. (We have friends in Boca Raton where we'll spend the quarantine if we decide not to visit SC because of the increasing cases there. Again, Disney said just a statement. How would I be able to show that I stayed at a friend anyway? This is confusing).
I asked Disney a similar question as we are planning to quarantine for a bit over two weeks at a cabin in RI and then board our flight in RI. Their answer was the same: to let them know we had quarantined outside of CT for the 14 days prior to arriving at Disney. I plan on giving them a receipt for gas and for groceries, but I’ll have to make sure I buy them on different days I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter