• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So I forgot to order Photopass+ Get it there or skip it?

CaseyK

Mouseketeer
In all my planning and with a sick house of kids and myself these past few weeks, I forgot to order photopass+.
Can I get it in the parks? Worth it? Or just stick with the photopass card? What is the cost of the Photo downloads once you are home and photos are edited?

Thanks!!

You can purchase PP+ in the parks; it is $100 (compared to $70 if pre-ordered). The biggest difference between PP+ and PP is that with PP+ it includes all of the attraction photos and the photo packages at the character meals.

Even at $100. We find that it is worth it to get photo pass plus. We love getting the ride photos and a few of those and the pass has paid for itself .

I guess to me it depends on how long you are going for, unless it is just a couple days, I think it is worth it. I forgot to pre-order also before my trip in January, but we got it our first day. I ended up with about 150 pics for our 10 day trip. Going for 5 days in May and I will - hopefully - remember to pre-order this time.

In all my planning and with a sick house of kids and myself these past few weeks, I forgot to order photopass+.
Can I get it in the parks? Worth it? Or just stick with the photopass card? What is the cost of the Photo downloads once you are home and photos are edited?

Thanks!!
If your trip is a week and four days out you might get in time for your trip. I know when I ordered it, it came in a week.

If you do order and it doesn't arrive before you leave, take a copy of the email receipt to the camera store for the PP+ card.

Geemo

I would definitely get it even at the higher cost. Last trip was the first time we got it and I'm wondering why it took me 10 trips to figure out that's the way to go! Didn't even bring the nice camera with us, just used our phones for the impromptu pics but ended up stopping for CM pics way more often than previous trips.

Agree with others, still good value even at $100. Even better value if you have a character meal as you get the physical photo pack as part of the PP+ package.

I would definitely pay the $100 at the park for it. We were there for 3 days and we have about 170 pictures. DH and I agreed that we'll get PP+ for every trip.

We used it last time which is why I am mad I forgot.
I am in Canada so it would never come in time. I will get it at the park...it's a five day trip again and last time I had over 200 photos.
It includes the cd (well downloads) in that price right?!?!?

For DL photopass + you can still get the CD, unlike DW where you can just do a download now. But yes, it is included. When you buy it in the park they will give you the cd that has all the stock images on it. Don't lose it, I almost did. Haha! Then when you are done editing your pics at home, you enter in the code that is inside the stock cd and they will send you the cd for free.

It's really nice to be able to let someone else be in charge of taking your photos!

They also edit out people in the background in certain shots and last trip we have a family photo in front of the castle that I had framed and people coming into our home are always commenting on it. That photo alone was worth the $100 to me (I too forgot to pre order it last trip) :lovestruc

If you think about it - having 10 photos that you really reallly love makes them $10/each. And in actuality you will get about 150-200 photos so I say go for it!

So how early do you buy the photo pass to get the discount? Can I buy it now and still use it when we go to Disneyland in June? I'm trying to pre purchase things so when we go we don't have to take as much money with us when we go. Thanks

I'll admit it, I never knew about the PP+ our last trip. I'm intrigued! We got the regular PP but didn't print out anything, mostly due to the high cost of the photos.

We're planning 5 (well 4.5 days), but probably no character meals as the kids aren't into it. What do you all think? Still worth it?

I'm intrigued by the number/volume of pics y'all are getting...

I did regular PP one trip, liked it, ordered copies of 5 of the 8 or so pics the CMs took during our 6 days in the park - HOW do you get 200?
is it character meals? do they take like 20 pics during something like that?

trying to do math, for a 5 day visit that's 40 pics/day, assume a 10 hour day, that's stopping for a pic every 15 minutes, all day every day...
what's wrong with my math?...

I had all the photos they took and then edited them...added borders, zoomed in, etc., it was great.
I will just get it when we are there. You can preorder 14 days+ in advance but minimum 14 days is needed...which I forgot this time.
As long as I get that voucher, I am getting pp+
We are doing one day with dd cheer team so those will be great photos to get too

I'm intrigued by the number/volume of pics y'all are getting...

I did regular PP one trip, liked it, ordered copies of 5 of the 8 or so pics the CMs took during our 6 days in the park - HOW do you get 200?
is it character meals? do they take like 20 pics during something like that?

trying to do math, for a 5 day visit that's 40 pics/day, assume a 10 hour day, that's stopping for a pic every 15 minutes, all day every day...
what's wrong with my math?...

While I didn't get as many as some folks on here, we got about 150 on our 10 day trip. They were a mix of regular photopass photogs, character meets, character meals and on-ride photos.

We did pp+ for the first time in Oct and it's the way to go for sure! We didn't do any character meals but did attend MHP and 5 days in the park. Not sure how many pics we had but at least 100. When you stop for a pic the CM takes more than one shot so that's how people end up with so many pics at the end of a trip. I found that we would stop for more nice pics done by a CM without a ton of people around since I knew I wouldn't have to shell out a bunch of additional money to get a print of the pic.

We got so many in our 3 days because of character meets, a character meal, rides, and we stopped at almost every photographer we saw. We figured we paid for it, we were using it. We have so many great pictures of our family and some great ones of just the kids.

I think the PP photographers do a little more when you have PP+.

If you want 2 or more ride photos (or are doing character dining), I'd splurge for Photopass+. Otherwise, just buy a regular Photopass disc when you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter