• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So I decided to come into work today

wvjules

DIS Veteran
We will get to leave around 1 so why use 8 hours vacation, right? Plus, DBF still has to wrap ALL of my presents! And DD stayed at her BFF's last night to exchange gifts. I would be doing nothing at home anyway. Might as well come to work and get paid.

So now I'm here and bored and the next 4 hours are going to creep!

I work for the govt so we got 4 hours off thanks to el Presidento so I didn't want to take off vaccation hours either so here I sit for another hour and 20 min thinking of all the last minute things I should be doing:rotfl:

I am at work until 1ish. I work on projects and guess what. Nobody is working on projects today so I will not be able to get much done. After today I am on vacation :banana:.

So, what are you hoping is under the tree this year?

I agree with you. At my old job we always got out at 1 so why waste a whole vacation day :confused3 It was also kind of a free day so we just put in our appearance and pretended to work when the boss walked by :lmao:

I am in a temp to perm position now since September. I am still a temp so I get paid hourly. No holiday pay for me. Nothing has been mentioned about leaving early. I can't imagine they will keep us til 5 but who knows....I asked the one girl and she said they usually get done around 2. I can live with that and I budgeted for that. I don't want to take a lunch today if we are done at 2 since that will give me an extra hour of pay. But if we are done at 5 I will be starving. This is so ridiculous, why can't they just tell us? I also am sitting here with no work, though I have asked twice. My boss keeps telling me she has stuff, but doesn't want to start it til after the holiday. I have a ton of stuff to do at home and my family keeps calling asking when we are getting together but it is so uncertain. This stinks!!!!

I work for the govt so we got 4 hours off thanks to el Presidento so I didn't want to take off vaccation hours either so here I sit for another hour and 20 min thinking of all the last minute things I should be doing:rotfl:

Me too...sort of. I'm a contractor for the Army. They all get to leave at noon here so I think we will be out of here shortly after that. :thumbsup2

Me too! I have a little over 2 hours left of work. Everyone is screwing around and not accomplishing anything.

I am at work until 1ish. I work on projects and guess what. Nobody is working on projects today so I will not be able to get much done. After today I am on vacation :banana:.

So, what are you hoping is under the tree this year?

2591EM7X5_multi.jpg

That is what I want! ;) But he has always said not to expect it on a holiday or special occasion.

i work online from home, and i am working today. my goal is to be finished by 4:00 pm. Merry Christmas, everyone!

I have 5 more hours, we get out a 3p today. Just letting us go two hours early:confused3so bored!

2591EM7X5_multi.jpg

That is what I want! ;) But he has always said not to expect it on a holiday or special occasion.

Oooh, how lovely! Mine was a Christmas engagement. Maybe he is just trying to throw you off.......

ETA - you may want to give yourself a manicure just in case!

I work for a hospital in the business area. I have to be here until 12 and then I'm out of here. I have gotten caught up on these boards, the news and also my email though!!!!

I WANT TO LEAVE - :santa::santa::santa:

I have 6 and a half hours to go :scared1:

I had to come in at 7 today so I could get off at 3:30. I usually work 8:30 - 5 and this is just killing me.

I have spent my entire day on the disboards :)

We will get to leave around 1 so why use 8 hours vacation, right? Plus, DBF still has to wrap ALL of my presents! And DD stayed at her BFF's last night to exchange gifts. I would be doing nothing at home anyway. Might as well come to work and get paid.

So now I'm here and bored and the next 4 hours are going to creep!

That is just how I felt...I could have taken a day off, but since we're celebrating in town anyway, I didn't want to use a whole vacation day when I'll only be here till about Noon.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

out of here at 12 i can leave now but im waiting for DBF to pick me up he gets out at 12... i dont have to come back in till monday:cool1:

I'm at work...today is a half a day. I get off around noon! It sucks because I've been off all week and today is the only day I chose to work....However I'M BORED OUT OF MY BRAIN --!!!!!!!! I'm fighting a cold and my kids are home relaxing just waiting for me to return....

silver Lining: I'm off all next week as well :) :cool1:

I am off all next week too. None of us go back to school/work until January 4, 2010! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! :banana::cool1::woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

Yeah, well I will be on vacation next week but my client decided they need to have something done on January 2nd so I will actually have to come in on the last Saturday of my vacation. :sad2: I love my client but...... :rolleyes:

So, what do you all have left to do when you get home? I have to bake some apricot tarts and make some macaroni and cheese. There are still two gifts to be wrapped but I am protesting by refusing to wrap them. DH and DD are both home today. If they can't find 15 minutes out of their day to wrap these gifts while I sit here Dis'...... er working my butt off.....

Vixen, tell us about Christmas in Nicaragua. Any cool traditions that we don't do in America?

I have NOTHING left to do! That is the bestest part! :thumbsup2

Oh wait..I do have to go to the grocery store sometime to get stuff for dinner on the 26th but I can do it that morning.

I am beyond excited for this Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter