So I added a new lens to the mix for my trip

cajunrose

Earning My Ears
I came into some unexpected money yesterday. I bought the Nikon 70-300 VR after seeing these pictures:
http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=162527

I just don't like my 55-200 VR. It is cheap and plasticy and doesn't do anything for my Fuji S5.

I ordered it from BH overnight shipping (saturday delivery) for my WDW trip on Monday...rofl I made them PROMISE me I would get it..rofl

Now if I can just decide the other lenses!

In memory of your loved one, I hope that you take some wonderful pictures.

Are you looking to purchase additional lenses or take some that you already own?

I really like my wide angle Tokina 12-24mm. It is great for capturing the landscapes and buildings. It was more cost effective to purchase this than the equivalent Nikon and the pictures are great for me.

What are you using for your "walk-around" lens? I have used, a 18-70, 18-135, and a 18-200.

I have carried my 80-200 f2.8 and that got a bit heavy after a while. I hope that you have a great trip.

Sorry to hear of your family's loss.

I think you will really enjoy the 70-300vr- for the price and for the small size/weight it delivers amazing results.

Thanks guys. We are coming to terms with his death. It's a bit bittersweet...he was supposed to come on this trip.

I can't buy any more lenses and certainly couldn't carry any more on this trip. I'm already agonizing over what to bring...rofl I wouldn't want to add to that anyway. I do want an ultra wide someday, just not now. My walk around is going to be my 18-70.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter