• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So..How much is your summer vacation costing you?

It looks like a lot of us are going to the Outer Banks this year. ;)

Room $600
Food $300
Gas $400
Jeep rental for day $100

It's sad that we could have gone to Disney for about the same price isn't it??

I don't know ~ we'll figure it out when we get home. :laughing:

We're making a loop from our house in NE WI, taking the ferry to MI and spending 8-9 days making the circle through the Ludington area, up to Mackinac Island, and then the UP, before heading home. :)

Later in the summer, the kids and I (along with my sister and niece) will be spending 3-4 days in Chicago at Trump Tower and seeing the sights. :cheer2:

My two adult daughters and I will spend 3 nights in Paris, 3 nights in London, and then do a 12-night British Isles cruise on Princess. I'm hoping to not go over $10K. :woohoo:

I'm taking my three oldest kids with me up to AK next month. I'm guessing it will end up costing us around $1500 or so, for everything. We plan on eating good salmon at nice restaurants, taking a tour of the glaciers, and riding a train. The airfare was already purchased by a family member, at no cost to us. We will be there for exactly 2 weeks.

I'm taking my three oldest kids with me up to AK next month. I'm guessing it will end up costing us around $1500 or so, for everything. We plan on eating good salmon at nice restaurants, taking a tour of the glaciers, and riding a train. The airfare was already purchased by a family member, at no cost to us. We will be there for exactly 2 weeks.

Are you staying with friends or family in Alaska? What part?

Yes, staying with fam. We will take a bus to Seward and spend two nights there in a hotel (only hotel for the entire trip) and do the Kenai fjords tour and Sealife Center. We are also going to eat dinner at Ray's the day we arrive. We are taking the gold train back to ANC and spending one night there. The next day, we are taking an RV to Fbks and camping along the way (Denali). We will be in Fbks for 3 nights, then driving back to the ANC or valley area for the remaining few days. It doesn't seem like we're going to be there for that long because it's being broken up into little trips. I know it will go by fast.

Im excited about our 2 week summer vacation coming up:goodvibes

Using our points to stay 2 nights at BCV and 9 nights at AKV Concierge and 5 nights at Hilton Head Island.

Already have park passes and DQ/WP AP's for the 3 of us.

Food Budget is $400 (Im restricted and the boys dont like restaurant food so will grocery shop, snack throughout the day, salads, fruit, etc.)

Will also School Shop for the 2 boys while there, $400 (uniform polos, shoes)

Tips/Misc $150

Our flights were booked using free travel certs we received for giving up our seats in March.

Rental Car is $10 a day, $320 total for 21 days (picking up at MCO dropping at ATL)

After AKV we drive to Hilton Head for 5 nights, on points.

Food $200
Bike Rentals $100
Misc. $100
Gas (3 tanks/midsize)$125

Total spent for 16 nights/3 people about $1800-$2000 in addition to 250 DVC points valued at $7 each($1750) so all inclusive value $3700.:wizard:

We could have flown anywhere with our Certs, but not been able to pull it off for $2k oop and I am excited about mixing in some beach time:woohoo:

WE are going to OBX from 5/27 to 6/1 for a long weekend.

staying for FREE with frined who live there year round
so the trip will cost us gas and tolls there and back. B'fast on the way down and lunch x 1 day while there (otherwise we eat with our frineds at their house)

Fresh seafood to take home and cook about $50

Aquarium about $50 including a souvie for each boy!

A fairly cheap vacation!

We got to WDW in Sept for vacation in the fall!!!

We are driving to Florida. 5 nights and 4 days. We are going to Busch Gardens Tampa, Seaworld, Aquatica, and a day at Clearwater Beach. Around $800-900

Hotel $325
Gas $250
Food $300
Theme Parks FREE (well kinda, we have BG Williamsburg Platinum passes so we get into FL parks free):dance3:

Yes, staying with fam. We will take a bus to Seward and spend two nights there in a hotel (only hotel for the entire trip) and do the Kenai fjords tour and Sealife Center. We are also going to eat dinner at Ray's the day we arrive. We are taking the gold train back to ANC and spending one night there. The next day, we are taking an RV to Fbks and camping along the way (Denali). We will be in Fbks for 3 nights, then driving back to the ANC or valley area for the remaining few days. It doesn't seem like we're going to be there for that long because it's being broken up into little trips. I know it will go by fast.

It sounds wonderful! I love Alaska, and am looking forward to returning in August 2011 on a cruise.

Disney.- July

10 nites WL, DDP, Hopper tickets, $4000.00, air $1000.00 for 3 persons. Plus souvenir $2000.00 Total.- $7000.00
:)

new storm door $500
new living room windows $1800
new indoor outdoor carpeting for porch $250
need to get a cracked window replaced..not sure on cost getting estimate on tues...and we need to get more insulation blown in our house b/4 winter and i've not started that estimate process yet:sad1:

But we want to cruise in 2012 on one of the new disney ships so we have that to look forward to.

15 nights in Japan
25k for 3 of us....plus food

We went last year for 9 nights for 11k

Airfare was more expensive this year as well as everything else.

Disney Tokyo (I can't wait)!

The camper is getting a work out this summer.Avg trip cost around $275.
Gas $100, Camp site 2/3 nights $50-$75, Food $50, $75 misc stuff.

10 year Anv, somewhere around $800 to $1000. 3 nights bed n breakfast $400. Food $250. Spa/Golf $200 Gas $100

Disney Fort Wilderness 2 wks Christmas $5000
Campsite $2000, Food $600, Gas $900, Tickets outside WDW $600, Disney $800

Tent camping in back yard with kids. FREE!!!

My DH is still looking for a job so we're taking a very inexpensive vacation to Lake Tahoe this year. My parents have a cabin there so our lodging costs wil be $0. I've been taking on-line surveys and recycling cans and bottles for months and have saved almost $600 in my "fun fund." That money will be used for meals out, admissions (train ride, mini-golf, bowling, movies, etc.)and gas. We usually spend about $100 on groceries when we get there but that's what we would spend if we were at home. So, basically, our vacation will cost $0. We won't be taking any extra money out of our bank account since my "fun fund" is kept totally separate. We took a week-long trip to Disneyland last year and are hoping to go back there in 2011 and to WDW in 2012. We'll take it easy on spending this year.

In June Disney for me and Hubby for our 5 year wedding anniversary, total cost was $2330 for 5 nights at WL with park hoppers (this included the $750 gift card deal though so food is covered) :cool1: Airfare was crazy though and I was only ever able to score a DING from Philly so we are actually booking one night at the summer rate in a value although which one is to be decided, believe it or not it is cheaper just to spend the extra night then to leave on the actual day we wee planning so all that said still $425 roundtrip for us both, not bad but a far cry from the old $49 one way dings..... So after I book the one night (which is estimated at about $114 with tax) the total will be $3119 as we are throwing in an extra $250 for souvies and things for our kiddle.

In July we are going to to a day trip to NYC and see, we are planning on catching a maitnee of the adams family musical probably getting tics from TKS... We are going to drive to Trenton and take the train so the total is $75 roundtrip for the three of us, I am also budgeting a trip to American Girl for DD, lunch and dinner, we will probably stay in midtown/uptown.... so total probably $500 for the day

In August we are going to the shore for a couple days total will probably be $300 as its a family house

Wow are you lucky! Especially to be camping in Denali. I did a glacier boat tour in Seward and the visited the Sealife Center when I was there. Wish I had more time. One of these days, I'll get back up there with DH and kids. Beautiful, amazing land that Alaska. Sigh...

Ang

I thought these were supposed to be non-Disney trips? ;)

We are going to Vegas next month, in fact we leave like a month from tomorrow. :) We are using time share points so no lodging expense, just the gas $$ and fun $$ when we get there. I'm planning on taking $2k but hoping we don't spend it all.

We're going to Ocean City, MD end of August. Staying in an oceanfront condo - 1 bedroom, full kitchen, washer & dryer, steps from the beach with a pool, grill and bar, ice cream shop, gift shop, etc. All for $775 for 7 nights. It's about a 2.5 hour drive. We go every summer and can't wait!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter