So how many parks are in Disneyland?

hugastar

Earning My Ears
Am I correct that California's Disney has only 2 parks to visit? Disneylad Park and California Adventure? Thanks.

Depends what's important to you. I mean, to do and see absolutely everything, I'd figure 2-3 days at DCA and 3-4 at Disneyland, minimum, and that assumes you don't want to go to Downtown Disney or the hotels (not that you should, just saying). But if you don't like thrill rides or parades and you don't need a lot of down time and you go all day in the summer when they're open 8 am to 11 or midnight, probably.

Depends on a couple things. If you are going during non-peak season and just going for the rides, then you can probably get away with one day per park. If you are wanting to take in the parades, shows and all the little extra magic I would say minimum of 2 days per park, 3 would be better at DL though.

Thank you so much! We've been to DW, Seaworld, and Universal Studios in Florida many times and have always stayed at least 10 days. This would be our 1st trip to Disneyland, and I want to make sure we have enough time for everything Disney, plus other sightseeings other than Disney. Any suggestions of other things to see and do besides Disneyland? We're planing on being there 10-12 days, will be renting a car, and will not mind driving an hr or two to an attraction. ( We're not Zoo people ) We'll be going with a 9 and 11 year olds. Thanks.

Recent-first time DL visitors here (who are WDW vets): DL has more attractions in two parks than WDW has in four. Don't be fooled by the number of parks!

Am I correct that California's Disney has only 2 parks to visit? Disneylad Park and California Adventure? Thanks.
I know, isn't it great! More rides and attarctions than DW, but in a much more convenient format. It's quite obvious which park was built by Walt and which park was built by corporate committee. Walt's Park is truly incredible!

snowy76 said:
Recent-first time DL visitors here (who are WDW vets): DL has more attractions in two parks than WDW has in four. Don't be fooled by the number of parks!

Disney is very VERY broad in what they call an attraction. My count has mores rides at DLR. Not more attractions. And not more shows either FWIW.

Thank you so much! We've been to DW, Seaworld, and Universal Studios in Florida many times and have always stayed at least 10 days. This would be our 1st trip to Disneyland, and I want to make sure we have enough time for everything Disney, plus other sightseeings other than Disney. Any suggestions of other things to see and do besides Disneyland? We're planing on being there 10-12 days, will be renting a car, and will not mind driving an hr or two to an attraction. ( We're not Zoo people ) We'll be going with a 9 and 11 year olds. Thanks.

There are a tone of things to do in SC. It would help to know your interests. If you've never been to SC then you should probably do Hollywood (I don't particularly like LA, but it is fun to see as a tourist), Santa Monica Pier, Beach (Venice Beach for LA strangeness, Huntington Beach for typical SCa beach--it's surf city, Newport Beach--it's close...) Your children are on the top end of LegoLand enjoyment (I think it's best for children 5-11), but if they like Legos, then you should include it. It also is very fun for that age group--I just don't think it comes close to DLR (of course!!!!). In San Diego there's Mission Bay, which is great for a lot of water sports that are difficult to do in wavy ocean water--kayaking, jetski... it's also a great place to rent bikes or skates and ride around the bay. There's also the USS Midway (aircraft carrier) if you're interested in touring those types of things. Of course SeaWorld and the Zoo are here too. You may not like zoos but the San Diego Zoo is great, but even better is the Wild Animal Park (like AK, but better for animals) that is a an open Safari type zoo. It's inland though, so if you're going in the summer, it will be hot, hot, hot.

If you give us all a better idea of what you like to do, we could direct you better.

Ok, a lot to go over here. First I would say you should plan on 5 day park hopper for DLRs two parks. This will ensure maximum enjoyment the way Disney imagineers intended. Te sights, the sounds, the details everywhere. So often people rush from line queue to line queue and miss the details that make the place so magical. Consider taking time off in the early afternoon for some rest so you can re-experience the park at night. It is a different place. The new mad t party in DCA is great fun too.

As for so cal. There is a ton to do here. Don't count out America's first theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. You really only need a day there but it could be a nice diversion from all things Disney and it is only 15 minutes or so from DLR. You can take some time to head to the beach for a day. Huntington, Newport and Seal beaches all have a different appeal. Venice beach, mentioned earlier, is very eclectic. Huntington is very nice and has the cleaner look and feel. Newport along with balboa is a nice mix of old school and updated amenities. Seal beach is like stepping back in time, especially main street leading to the pier. Further south toward San Diego and past Newport is corona del mar which is a favorite of many. You can easily plan a couple of different days at the beach.

Also mentioned was a trip to Hollywood and sunset or you could head down to long beach aquarium of the pacific and visit the queen Mary.

You could choose to go south and visit sea world or head further north and visit universal studios.

There is quite a bit to choose from and it doesn't all need to be Disney or theme parks. There is also Griffith park, medieval times dinner theater or pirate dinner adventure.

Much to occupy your time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter