• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, how do you cook YOUR pork chops??

momof1princess said:
Weiner Schitzel (Veener Shnitzl) - this recipe was brought back from Germany by an army wife friend of my mom's MANY years ago...

Pork Chops
Eggs, Beaten in a Bowl for dipping
Bread Crumbs
Butter
Meat Tenderizing Mallet

Beat the pork chops w/ the mallet until they're so thin you can practically see through them, dip in egg, then bread crumbs, and fry in butter (or margarine). aside from the beating of the pork chops, this is obscenely easy, goes with any side dish and SO delicious, you won't know what hit you!

Oh thank you! I had this from a german woman when I was there and have forgotten exactly how to do it.
We sprinkled lemon juice on it and it's delicious.

We poke em with a folk put em in a ziplock bag and then pour Italian dressing on them and put them in the fridge for the day . We whip em out and grill out by our pool and watch the kids come from all around for pork chop night and I wish I was kidding but it is all true !

Sometimes I get them and season them up with chopped garlic and salt and pepper and then just kind of pan fry them in a little EEVO my son loves this with just buttered pasta .

I do them all of the ways above but usually breaded and sauteed or crock pot and cream soup. BUT last month I had them sauteed with apples, raisins, onions, ginger plus some other seasonings I forget. They were the best EVER!!!!

I think I finally figured it out (with the help of google) that EEVO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Am I the only one that was stumped by this?

disykat said:
I think I finally figured it out (with the help of google) that EEVO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Am I the only one that was stumped by this?

Lol, I learned it from Rachel Ray

Thick chops, slice a pocket in 'em, fill 'em with a mixture of raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, and/or other dried fruit that has been soaked for a few hours in a little red wine to moisten. Put in a baking dish, cover with raspberry chipotle grilling sauce and bake for an hour. Yummy!

disykat said:
I was about ready to google it! I was thinking it was some brand of seasoning!

Boy, I sure am boring.

I sprinkle meat tenderizer and pepper on them, poke mine with a fork, flour and fry them.

Sounds simple, but if you throw mashed potatoes and gravy, blackeyed peas, slaw, and some biscuits with them, people will kiss your feet.

When I was single, this meal was my secret to getting a man, not a little black dress or Victorias Secret.

I marinate them in worcheshestershire sauce and lots of cinammon. Then I broil them or skillet fry them slowly. Yummy!

Skywalker said:
I am stuck in a pork chop rut and I need something different! PLEASE?

So far I only know how to:

1) Shake & Bake 'em
2) Throw barbecue sauce on 'em

Can anyone bring some variety into my life? LOL.
:worship:

Sorry mind aren't any fancier, little salt, pepper, and garlic powder, throw on grill.

disykat said:

Oh, cool. Thank you! I also thought it was some name brand seasoning I'd never heard of. D'oh!

Love these recipes, thank you all so much. My family won't know what hit them. LOL.

I'll be a pork chop cookin' fool. :cheer2:

disykat said:

Sorry! :blush: I just didn't want to type the whole thing out and thought you all would know what I was talking about! Good job figuring it out! :thumbsup2

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops

8 boneless pork loin chops, ½ inch thick (3 oz each), trimmed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 TB olive oil
3 TB finely chopped shallot or onion
1/3 C balsamic vinegar
¼ C packed brown sugar

1. Pat pork dry with paper towels. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork 4 minutes on one side; turn and cook 3 minutes on second side. Transfer pork to platter; keep warm.
2. Increase heat to high. Stir shallot into pan juices; cook 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and sugar and cook 1 minute longer. Pour sauce over pork. Makes 4 servings.

Skywalker said:
I am stuck in a pork chop rut and I need something different! PLEASE?

So far I only know how to:

1) Shake & Bake 'em
2) Throw barbecue sauce on 'em

Can anyone bring some variety into my life? LOL.

:worship:

brown them then dice up.. then add to pototoes and different cheeses that you like and bake it...

last night, I stirred 1/4 cup grape preserves in with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and slathered then broiled-good grief, they were excellent. I saw this technique somewhere on the food network a while ago. succulent, tender and sooooo good! My son's friend said, "no thanks, I don't like pork chops." He took one bite and proceeded to eat two whole chops! His mother called today to ask how i had prepared them. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter