So how do we pronounce 'DIS' or 'DIS'er'??

wookiebeck

Fan of both WDW and USO
Been reading the LGMH thread and realized I do not know what to say to someone who has one. Do you say "Hi, I'm a dizzer, too?"

Or is it disser (you know, with an s sound)?

I assumed the pronunciation is that these are the 'DIZboards' and that we are part of the 'DIZ' family.

On the DIS Unplugged podcast, they pronounce it "DIZ". That's official enough for me.

That's a good question! I always think of it as Dis with an "s" in my head. Diz does make more sense though.

That's a good question! I always think of it as Dis with an "s" in my head. Diz does make more sense though.

I'm the same way. I guess Diz does make more sense but I doubt I'll be able to change it in my head at this point.

I have always thought Dis with an "S".

DIS stands for Disney Information Station, so in my head that has always equaled an "S" sound.

It's a z sound. That's how the board owner and staff pronounce it on the podcast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter