• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So how busy was July?

dopeyluvsgrumpy

Mouseketeer
We have always gone on the OFF Season, but now DH has a job where we is designated holiday time and we would have to plan our disney trip for a week in July or a week during Christmas. SO how crowded was the parks this summer???

I was there in late June, early July 2010. I didn't find the crowds that bad. I did note a lot of South American tourists. The weather was very very hot!

I've been there twice in July. If you can avoid the week that includes the 4th of July holiday it's not that bad. Yes, it's busy but I find that if you are mentally prepared for it then you are not disappointed.

The 4th of July time is an absolute nightmare. We were there a couple of years ago for my DD's national finals. We arrived around the 29th of June and stayed for 2 weeks. We ended up inisde DHS on the 4th as my DD made the final and it was held inside the park....on the 4th. I'm not exagerating when I say the crowds were shoulder to shoulder. Everything for about a 4-5 day period was like that....the buses, food court, parks.

We just got back and it was busy. But my family likes to sleep in on vacation. If you get up early and get the things done that you want to do then spend the rest of the afternoon at the pool. Make your dining reservations so you are not disapointed or have to wait and hour or so for a table. Wishing I was still there. :goodvibes

If it's possible to get off late Aug, I'd go then. It's less crowded then July, and less expensive too, being value season.
Early Dec would be fun, seeing all the Christmas decorations, and it's not as crowded as Christmas week, or as expensive.
I have summers off, so I wait till mid to late Aug when the crowds die down, and hopefully the Big Tour Groups leave.

We were there from july 19-27th. The crowds really were not that bad if you avoided EMH. We were at animal kingdom, and hollywood studios on EMH and they were busy. Epcot, and Magic Kingdom, on non-EMH days were quite managable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter