So here is the deal on today's 5/31 early closing at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did something similar as NewRVLady at Universal Studios one year. It was part of a convention. There were many rides opened, street entertainment, tons of food out on the streets. It was a blast to have the entire part to our group. Something I'll never forget.

If anyone's ever curious if a park is closing early, whether for a private event or other..could always do the obvious and check the park hours.

MDE shows MK at closing at 6pm, so it shouldn't have taken anyone by surprise in the sense that you could easily find out. It would be a different story if Disney just let everyone know the night before or the day of..but they allow you to plan for it

Why so rude? I started the other thread that asked why MK closed early on Sunday, and you're right I could have checked MDE, however I am a local and we were just going on a whim anyway, so the close time didn't really matter too much to us. I was just wondering WHY it closed early. Also add on to the fact that MK rarely closes early so being local it's just not one of those things you really think about. *shrug*

Wouldn't be great if these Characters were out for MNSSHP? What if this was dry run for the party to see how they were received? Afterall, there was a significant price increase.

Wouldn't be great if these Characters were out for MNSSHP? What if this was dry run for the party to see how they were received? Afterall, there was a significant price increase.

Would be nice but I am not holding my breath. Have been sent some photos from a few friends that went and it was a wonderfully produced event. Either/or on the spent lots of money but someone produced a fabulous event and deserves credit either way.

Video of the talking Doorknob from Alice in Wonderland...anyone? Saw it on twitter....so cool.

That kind of access for only 6000 persons means there can be scores of rare characters and there won't be fights because people had to stand in line for 4 hours to meet them. That had to cost a fortune. It's going to take far more than $100 a person for that kind of access.

Well OK we'll just need a lot of us...hah

I tried a quick websearch for daily attendance and got 47k daily avg in 2011.

So all we need is 4,000 of us willing to pay $250 and the park is ours :=) (for a 1 million price tag).

I do wonder how many REALLY is a daily attendance. I mean will 4,000 people feel like light crowds or heavy?

Why so rude? I started the other thread that asked why MK closed early on Sunday, and you're right I could have checked MDE, however I am a local and we were just going on a whim anyway, so the close time didn't really matter too much to us. I was just wondering WHY it closed early. Also add on to the fact that MK rarely closes early so being local it's just not one of those things you really think about. *shrug*

..there was nothing rude lol

So all we need is 4,000 of us willing to pay $250 and the park is ours :=) (for a 1 million price tag).

I do wonder how many REALLY is a daily attendance. I mean will 4,000 people feel like light crowds or heavy?

A "crowd" of 4,000 in all of MK would be practically a ghost town.

Last edited:

If daily attendance is 47k, and let's use an average ticket price of of $70, then it'd take about $800/person for 4,000 people to rent out the whole park.

If daily attendance is 47k, and let's use an average ticket price of of $70, then it'd take about $800/person for 4,000 people to rent out the whole park.
for the whole day.

I'll bet they rent out the evening for less than they'd rent the whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter