• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So has anyone eaten at La Hacienda during Illuminations and was it spectacular?

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how the experience was???:rolleyes1

I have us booked at Chefs de France (late lunch)for my Niece's Birthday in December, but I have been reading some not so good reviews....Sooooo I went on too Disney.com and was able too book an ADR for La Hacienda on Dec 9th at 8:30pm!:thumbsup2

I was thinking that would be perfect for viewing Illuminations......:goodvibes So for those who have done it...Should I stick with my La Hacienda and skip Chefs de France???????

Thanks for any advice...

We love Mexican!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

I have read reports that as many as 25% of the tables at La Hacienda do not have a view of World Showcase Lagoon at all,so don't "plan" on definitely being able to watch IllumiNations.:)

I have heard GREAT things about Chef's. But on the other hand, you'll always have some people who don't like a place and some who like it.

We had dinner at Chefs during one of our 2009 trips. It was enjoyable and good food. I'd probably give it about a 3.6 on a 1-5 scale. :earsboy:

Another vote for Chefs at having great food! We dine there at least once for lunch or dinner every visit. That being said, we have an ADR for La Hacienda on our next trip to see how the food is. We also have one for CdF. :thumbsup2

we just got back and ate there during illuminations. the food was very good and the view was great as well...
everybody who is in the back room gets up and stands at the front windows...kinda like a free for all:)
only one couple seemed irritated by it as people were crowded around there table.....they turn the lights off and the sound comes thru their indoor speakers,,,def. cool!

we just got back and ate there during illuminations. the food was very good and the view was great as well...
everybody who is in the back room gets up and stands at the front windows...kinda like a free for all:)
only one couple seemed irritated by it as people were crowded around there table.....they turn the lights off and the sound comes thru their indoor speakers,,,def. cool!
Thanks for the report.:)

So,if I understand correctly,Guests sitting at the 25 % of the tables with no view of World Showcase Lagoon are allowed to leave their tables and stand at the windows during IllumiNations?Thanks.:)

We ate at La Hacienda last week with an 8:15 seating. We were not directly against the window, but the view was still amazing! It was a great experience. The waiter was so helpful! He moved my husbands plate and table around so he could view the fireworks so he didn't have to turn around during the show.
I was there in particular to view the fireworks, while eating. But to me it seemed most people could have cared less the show was going on :confused3
I'm glad we had a table in the room with the windows. I guess it would still be worth it to get up from your table and stand if necessary.

The reviews I had read about Chef's where on Allearsnet and they were pretty recent??? I know Ohana gets some bad ones and I love eating there so it really depends on each persons experience.:goodvibes

I will have too decide soon so I can cancel one of the ADR's..One is a late lunch and the other is a late dinner so they are spaced pretty good.

I just like the idea of watching Illuminations and trying a new restaurant....Plus that would leave the day time hours for touring World showcase.:thumbsup2

We just ate at Les Chefs on Friday and absolutely loved it!! Our waiter, Pierre, was magnificent and the food (although too much) was delish!! :)

What made it even better was that REMY was there!!! Definitely the highlight of that day!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

See this is where I am torn...We are scheduled so we can see Remy....:goodvibes

Thanks for the good news about Chef's..Glad too hear that you liked it.

Juust a thought if you want to eat while watching Illuminations have you thought about Rose and Crown. They have outside dining and a private viewing area?

The reviews I had read about Chef's where on Allearsnet and they were pretty recent??? I know Ohana gets some bad ones and I love eating there so it really depends on each persons experience.:goodvibes

I will have too decide soon so I can cancel one of the ADR's..One is a late lunch and the other is a late dinner so they are spaced pretty good.

I just like the idea of watching Illuminations and trying a new restaurant....Plus that would leave the day time hours for touring World showcase.:thumbsup2

I don't believe you can request a window seat. As everyone would do so and no other tables filled.
I believe it is a chance game.

.:thumbsup2

Can you keep both since they are spaced far enough apart and both have something you really want to experience? Have either a light lunch or dinner if 2 TS meals is too much food.

I could move our Chef's time too an earlier lunch ADR since dinner won't be till8:30...This way we can still see Remy!!!:goodvibes

That would use two TS credits up in one day so we would have too give up KONA cafe at the Poly???? Decision!!!:confused3

Great idea...I will consider this for sure! Thanks.....:thumbsup2

I don't believe you can request a window seat. As everyone would do so and no other tables filled.
I believe it is a chance game.
from what I am reading it works just like rose and crown. You can ask, but they many not be able to accomodate you.

We also ate at Chefs 2 weeks ago and Remy was there! It was worth every penny just to see him, he is adorable!! Grandkids loved him and so did their parents. Food was delish also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter