So got an ADR for Cape May breakfast...

Jsteph

Earning My Ears
For the first time we are flying down for a long weekend, the weekend before Christmas. Not renting a car and my wife got us an ADR at Cape May for an 8:05 breakfast.

Now, how are we going to make it to there before 8:05? Can we make it to MK and then catch a bus for there before 8:05?

According to the web, busses to DTD start at 9, but to the park 30-45 minutes before 8. Which if we can catch a bus at 45 minutes till, I think we should make it, worried though about 30 minutes till.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge as well.

Thanks,

James

The best way to guarantee you are on time is to take a taxi.

Having said that - we had an 8 am Cape May ressie last year and took the bus system. We went from ASSp to Hollywood studios and then made our fatal mistake of taking a Caribbean Beach Resort bus from the studios. I think we would have made it with time to spare if we had gone to the right resort (aka taken the water bus from the studios). All this involved leaving 1 hour early.

I have heard some suggest talking to the front desk about having an early ressie and having them figure out the busing for you. Which I can totally see. Every morning we had super early ressies and often had a whole bus to ourselves.

The best way to guarantee you are on time is to take a taxi.

Having said that - we had an 8 am Cape May ressie last year and took the bus system. We went from ASSp to Hollywood studios and then made our fatal mistake of taking a Caribbean Beach Resort bus from the studios. I think we would have made it with time to spare if we had gone to the right resort (aka taken the water bus from the studios). All this involved leaving 1 hour early.

I have heard some suggest talking to the front desk about having an early ressie and having them figure out the busing for you. Which I can totally see. Every morning we had super early ressies and often had a whole bus to ourselves.

Last year, we were going from the Poly to BC for Cape May. We did what we were told by the CM: take monorail to MK, go to bus area and find BC/YC. We stood there for a little while. No buses. Finally, a transportation guy in a van stopped to talk to us and took us over there so that we didn't miss our ressie. I think taxi is the best, least stressful way to go here.

As pp's have said, the easiest and most hassle free way to do this is via taxi. Call bell services the night before, or even in the morning of you ADR, and they will arrange a taxi for you. We did this last month with a 7:45AM ADR at Cape May while staying at CBR. Called Bell Services at 6:45AM, cab was outside at 7:20AM and we were at Cape May by 7:30AM. Total cost for 3 people $10 with $3 tip.

Probably too late now but we usually go to Chef Mickey's or the Crystal Palace when we are staying at a resort in the MK area and Cape May Cafe when we are staying a BCV or BWV.

So if (which I doubt) Chef Mickey's is available, I would switch to it and just take the boat over in the morning.

This was not my idea. My wife was the one who wanted to go there. At first I did not think it would be a problem, then I really looked the time and thought, wait a sec busses would be iffy at best.

Isn't there a character meal bus that runs from 6:30 am till about 9:00? We've never done Cape May buy I thought I remembered seeing a character breakfast bus for places like Grand Floridian and Contemporary. Wouldn't there be something similar to that for Cape May?

Last year, we were going from the Poly to BC for Cape May. We did what we were told by the CM: take monorail to MK, go to bus area and find BC/YC. We stood there for a little while. No buses. Finally, a transportation guy in a van stopped to talk to us and took us over there so that we didn't miss our ressie. I think taxi is the best, least stressful way to go here.

Exactly!!! We tried the same & finally a bus came & said transportation called him cause we had been standing there awhile. Buses run to the park frequently in the am but not many people catch the bus back to a resort that early in the morning, lol. Don't know why we didn't drive that morning......

You could take the boat to CR (starts running at 6:45), walk to MK, and take a bus from there to BC. Ask the driver of a bus dropping off at MK to radio the coordinator, so they know you're there.

Or you could take the bus from WL to DHS, and you should be able to get a bus from there to BC. If you tell the bus driver to DHS that you are going to BC for breakfast, they might even drop you off. Worst case, you could walk from DHS to BC, about 1 mi. on a well-lighted traffic-free path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter