• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So glad Spring Break is finally over at DLR!

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
I am so happy that after today, Spring Break, is officially over at DLR! 6 weeks of Spring Break was a long time! There were days in the past 1.5 months that I thought of going for awhile but then I realized it was still Spring Break and it would be crowded. Plus my DM AP has been blocked for like forever! I can't remember right now which one she has but if it's the SC one (not SC Select) then she can go basically any day in May except Saturdays.

Hmmm... maybe after DD gets home from a sleepover we'll make a short visit to DLR today....Great chance to get some PP taken (DSis and I are sharing a PP CD with our trips to DLR and her trip to WDW in less than 2 weeks.)

I know we will definitely be going the afternoon of Thursday, May 26, for the premiere of Soundtastic. My DNephew is one of the dancers, full face!;) Funny thing, my DSis told me not to tell anyone that the parade was opening on Thursday, not Friday. Turns out it's on the Disneyland.com calendar!:surfweb:

This morning was the Aids walk, not sure if those people will stick around for the day?
We went Thursday evening, feeling the same way. I was having withdrawls. It was so nice! We didn't even go on one attraction but spent 4 hours just enjoying the park. It was fun watching the stands go up for the premiere. I'll be there that Thursday for the parade, also. I think I'll just take the kids out of school at lunch. Just something about being there for the first run of it :cool1:

This morning was the Aids walk, not sure if those people will stick around for the day?
We went Thursday evening, feeling the same way. I was having withdrawls. It was so nice! We didn't even go on one attraction but spent 4 hours just enjoying the park. It was fun watching the stands go up for the premiere. I'll be there that Thursday for the parade, also. I think I'll just take the kids out of school at lunch. Just something about being there for the first run of it :cool1:

Didn't know about the Aids walk. Thanks for letting me know about that. DD11 still isn't home yet so we probably won't be going today.

I'm thinking about going on Saturday ( I know-crazy) Can't get there too early though, DD has a softball game at 9. Not sure it getting there at noon is a good idea with the premiere.

I would take DD out of school early on the 26th except that her 6th grade class is going to a local pool for a field trip and won't be back until around 2. We'll have to hustle to get there for the 4:30.

DD graduates on June 1st and the week before that I don't think they'll be doing any school work. Going to Knott's on Wed, the 25th, The Plunge on 26th, nothing scheduled on the 27th-probably practicing for ceremony or maybe class party?, Monday the 30th holiday, Tuesday the 31st another field trip-all day at a local park, Wed, the 1st, graduation at 8:30.

Haven't decided if I'm going to have a party/celebration for 6th graduate graduation (she's been carrying a 4.0 since they started with letter grades in 4th), do a family dinner out, or go to Disneyland. If not on the 1st, then we are going on the 2nd. Most local schools won't be out yet (inc. hers that has their last day on the 2nd, except for 6th graders) so it shouldn't be too crowded. Just checked the calendar and DL is open until midnight on the 1st and 9 on the 2nd. (must be a grad night on the 2nd).

We went on Thursday and had a wonderful time. The girls were thrilled because Rapunzel remembered them and we had a great view of the castle during the fireworks (we were leaving but I saw the spot and stepped under the rope). We're stopping by tomorrow morning on our way to San Diego just to get DD3's picture taken with Tink. She wore her full gear on Thursday but after Rapunzel's line no one wanted to wait.

Maybe we'll try to make it to Soundtastic. I do know we are likely going weekly in May and early June then pretty much not again until September.

This year I took my first trip during Spring Break (I think I went during the first set of Spring Breaks) and it was totally insane. Worse than any summer visit or weekend visit. Of course I had a good time, but I don't think I will go back during Spring Break if it can be avoided. I think it was just the amount of young kids/teens running around without parents and it gave the parks a totally different atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter