So glad I decided to cancel my FP's for today and instead just stroll around the park

animalkingdom15

DIS Veteran
I'm So glad I decided to cancel my FP's for today and instead just stroll around the park and then come back to GF. I caught a 555 am flight, only got 4 hours of sleep and once I got to MK, I decided to go to Casey's for my traditional first day at WDW hot dog, followed by a walk around the park, a Mickey ice cream bar, a new Mickey hat and then back to GF to rest for the day. I'm here until Sunday so I have 5 more days to go ad with me getting an AP, I will be back at least a couple more times this year.

Last edited:
I never make FP for my first day since I usually don't get in until around 2 or 3. I like to do just as you did, just wander around the park soaking up the feeling.

I usually do schedule FP's for the first day since it is a tradition to visit Epcot on arrival day. This year I have to decide. My trip is 10 days and I will be solo, staying at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. I kind of want to explore the resort that day. If my room is not ready, I will probably head over to Epcot anyway and explore my favorite park. Not feeling rushed is always so much more relaxing. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Every trip I say I'm going to take a day to do this, and I never do!! I've only gone once with fp+ and before I was a "no planning" person, but I really need to take a day to just walk around and take it in! (It does get challenging since I have to go in August-it's not really a lovely stroll in 98 degrees and 120% humidity.)

I usually don't even hit a park on the first day. I like to get checked in at the resort and relax by the pool, etc. after the long trip and hit the parks fresh the next morning.

Last edited:
The taking it easy sounds great. I love to take in the details and the atmosphere. Have fun.

The atmosphere and just taking it all in is half the joy of being at WDW. I don't like rushing from attraction to attraction. So glad you chose that route instead!

My kids don't necessarily like to sit and smell the roses, but they love Sorceror's. So I sit and smell the roses while they do that.

My kids don't necessarily like to sit and smell the roses, but they love Sorceror's. So I sit and smell the roses while they do that.

I like to sit and smell the Dole whips, &/or the Cookie Ice cream sandwich...Yum...Thats what we do.. Well technically just get a whiff, & then devour it..LoL

We are doing the opposite this year. Normally we come into the WDW in the mid afternoon but this year we will get down to Ocala, FL the night before and then into WDW by 10:00 or so and we will head to Epcot. We have FP for Journey(12:30) Spaceship Earth (2:15) and Test Track (3:45) with a dinner reservations at Via Napoli at 6:20. A great first day!!

Since I couldn't check in until 3 pm and was still wearing my long sleeve t-shirt and jeans lets just say I was a little toasty warm today. Now that I checked in and have my bags I can dress in my t-shirt and shorts and actually enjoy my time at MK more.

Since I couldn't check in until 3 pm and was still wearing my long sleeve t-shirt and jeans lets just say I was a little toasty warm today. Now that I checked in and have my bags I can dress in my t-shirt and shorts and actually enjoy my time at MK more.
We carry a change of clothes on to the plane and on to the bus and then change in the hotel lobby bathroom. :-)

Well It's going to be another casual park day at MK this afternoon at MK after I enjoy watching some classic Mickey cartoons and breakfast in bed. I love this so relaxing and could you blame it with this type of view outside your window.

WDW.jpg

I'm So glad I decided to cancel my FP's for today and instead just stroll around the park and then come back to GF. I caught a 555 am flight, only got 4 hours of sleep and once I got to MK, I decided to go to Casey's for my traditional first day at WDW hot dog, followed by a walk around the park, a Mickey ice cream bar, a new Mickey hat and then back to GF to rest for the day. I'm here until Sunday so I have 5 more days to go ad with me getting an AP, I will be back at least a couple more times this year.

ooooh - you radical you! ;)

I decided to cancel my reservations for our first day too! I really want to spend some time at the resort, maybe walk around - play it by ear! Love the view, thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter