So frustrating!!

Maybe you should have been a little more of a friend and a lot less of a know it all... :confused3

That might sound harsh...but I think you belting out all of her mistakes to her was rather harsh too.

Even saying that...a good bargain is always the way to go :hug:

Before the trip, yes I think you should have shared whatever tips you think she could have used.

After the fact, what was the point? How would knowing she had spent unnecessary money possibly help anyone? I think the only thing you accomplished was to make her feel bad, which I'm sure is what you did NOT intend.

Sorry, I think you may owe her an apology.

i thought it was per night of your stay u got dining credits not per day????

I have to agree....reading your post made me cringe! I don't understand why she wouldn't have asked questions when she was booking or check with someone who had gone previously. This past August our friends (also neighbors) went with us and we spent many a night eating steaks and drinking mojitos before the trip. We spent about 1/2 of our trip together (which was perfect) and all of us had a wonderful time. We showed them the ropes and by the time we had to go home, they had it down! I can't imagine spending that kind of money and having that kind of waste, but to each his own I guess. :sad2:

Well...I think about it they other way...I only research what I need to...My family did not use the parks and did leave right after check out and arrive right before check in, so i personally don't see the big deal about that.

The dining plan..yes I would look into that

Also I never bought tickets with the no expiration date, because I didnt' want to pay the extra money.

Also, I can see why ppl don't research, i read these boards to get an idea of what is going on but I am a much more relaxed planner. If I find out I could have done it cheaper after I go, well then I know for next time. I don't really obsess about planning, more just go with the flow and see what happens.

Now my sister, she is a planner.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with not researching, IMO.

The only money she wasted was on the dining plan, I personnaly think the dinning plan is a waste of money, as far as the tickets there isn't a big difference in price between lets say a 3 day pass and a 5 day pass and time she probly could have made better use of her time, but you have to chalk it up to exsperience. I'm not into planning every little detail and I've enjoyed all my trips, but you should know exactly what your paying for that goes for everything not just disney. I think you should have gave her all your advice before she went and not after the fact

The only money she wasted was on the dining plan, I personnaly think the dinning plan is a waste of money, as far as the tickets there isn't a big difference in price between lets say a 3 day pass and a 5 day pass and time she probly could have made better use of her time, but you have to chalk it up to exsperience. I'm not into planning every little detail and I've enjoyed all my trips, but you should know exactly what your paying for that goes for everything not just disney. I think you should have gave her all your advice before she went and not after the fact
We have four kids and have been on the dining plan three times and it has saved us money everytime. During Free Dining it saved us $1300.00 this past September with 8 nights at POP. In December of 2005 it saved us $800.00 with 7 nights at ASMo and this December when we go to ASMo for 8 nights, since appetisers and tips aren't included, we will still save $400.00.

i thought it was per night of your stay u got dining credits not per day????

It is.. So they had 4 days worth, not 5.

1. she purchased a package for Beach Club for 4 people, including the dining plan, for 4 nights and 5 days. They got the 5 day park hopper passes. Here lies problem #1 - she did not add in the 'no expiration' add-on ("oh, I didn't know I could do that").

You never said how many days they actually went to the parks? If they went 4 days, the difference between not using the one day and paying for the no exp really isnt that much.. Now if they only went 3 days or 2 or something, then sure maybe they should've got non expir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter