So Frustrated...

Disney is a top notch corporation. I am sorry you had to worry and so glad DCL came through with a fantastic solution. Enjoy!!:yay:

Well it all worked out :banana: Pixie dust sprinkled.

They were able to upgrade us to a one bedroom suite/concierge level. So the four of us are back on the reservation.

As for the above posters who asked how I could be so patient, I have to tell you I am the most impatient person in the world and I just wanted to remain calm even though on the inside I was screaming. My husband was out when I found this out, and when he came home he was shocked at how well I was handling this. This must have just happened on a "good" day.

Congratulations on the awesome upgrade! So happy all worked out in the end for you. We love the 1-bedroom suites on the Magic (and if Danny is still a concierge member on the Magic, you will love him!). Enjoy and happy sailing!

They were able to upgrade us to a one bedroom suite/concierge level. So the four of us are back on the reservation.
Happily ever after!

That's awesome that your family got upgraded to the suite!
I was hoping Disney would take care you all!

That is quite the upgrade! Hope you enjoy the concierge. Happy Sailing.

Don't feel bad, I am seriously impatient too and would have been freaking out. But how awesome on the fix! Super happy for you. :thumbsup2

So happy for you. LOL I just breathed a big sigh of relief and I don't even know you. :lmao:

That is great news. Mistakes happen to everyone - we are all human and make mistakes. Nice to know Disney is making it right for you instead of just saying - oh well.

Enjoy your cruise. Take LOTS of pics then come back and tell us all about it!

As for the above posters who asked how I could be so patient, I have to tell you I am the most impatient person in the world and I just wanted to remain calm even though on the inside I was screaming. My husband was out when I found this out, and when he came home he was shocked at how well I was handling this. This must have just happened on a "good" day.

Now THAT'S some pixie dust! pixiedust: :cheer2: So glad to hear that it all worked out and even better than expected! Go & have fun & be sure to tell us all about it when you get back home. :cutie:

Are you quite sure your husband's stateroom does not have a separate reservation number? Because if they cancelled it you should be seeing a credit.

It's amazing what a little patience and kindness to the person helping you will do. Remember the are not the person who made the mistake. In June NY/Canada cruise we had two rooms booked one balcony one inside (5c and 11B). When we checked in they has moved our inside stateroom same category different area. It took about 20 minuets to figure it out and the put us back in our original inside cabin. Then they gave us a #2 boarding pass for our patience. But when we went to that stateroom Oops!! someone's (employee) stuff was in the cabin. Right away our cabin steward called guest services and asked us to wait in the other cabin. A few minutes later they phoned our other stateroom. We told them what ever works doesn't matter to us (our kids are 14 and 16 they were going to sleep in the inside stateroom). A short time later they called back and we were moved to deck 8 both balcony cabins:cool1: These cabins sleep 5 and are larger then the one we booked. So the moral of the story be kind and be patient like the original poster. Disney wants to make it work for you.

Awesome!!! Have a great cruise!!!:goodvibes

Are you quite sure your husband's stateroom does not have a separate reservation number? Because if they cancelled it you should be seeing a credit.

He did have a separate stateroom with its own reservation number and there was no credit to my credit card. Disney admitted they had made a major mistake here.

Yay for pixie dust and patience. Good things come to those who are patient and calm. Still don't know how you did that. I'm pretty patient and pretty calm but I would have been crawling the walls waiting for a resolution.

Fantastic outcome. :cool1:

Congrats on the fix and upgrade. I am glad to hear that DCL admitted their mistake. We are taking our first cruise this September and probably would have panicked if faced with a similar scenario.:)

I would never have been that patient as a matter of fact if I saw that online I would have made DH call because I would have gone postal. And while I was waiting for a call back I would have been fuming (imagne a bright red face with steam coming out of my ears)

The comment about the IT dept being a mickey mouse operation was so funny!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

Congrats on the upgrade! You do realize that the suite/concierge will spoil you for life -- how can you top a vacation like that?

So, when you checked in your room, you made a spa reservation for your husband (linked reservations I assume) but he didn't have a reservation? Truly bizarre.

I'm glad it all worked out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter