so frustrated

tinkerbellandeyor

God holds my heart as well as my family and friend
I am so frustrated with my weigh ha I wan to join weight watchers and take this diet pill I saw at the dollar store for those who want to know I am 5ft and 138 pounds want to get down to 115

Check the WISH Board and start walking 3 miles a day. Seems to be working for me (along with counting points at WW)

I am a big supporter of Sparkpeople.com (It's FREE!)
It's not a diet site, its a place were people come to get healthy and make lifestyle changes. It has great info about how to lose weight and I've learned so much. I restarted mid June and have lost 10 pounds but more importantly I am eating better and exercising more.

I am a big supporter of Sparkpeople.com (It's FREE!)
It's not a diet site, its a place were people come to get healthy and make lifestyle changes. It has great info about how to lose weight and I've learned so much. I restarted mid June and have lost 10 pounds but more importantly I am eating better and exercising more.

thank you

I understand your frustration. I have about 40 pounds to lose. Slowly but surely through lifestyle changes, that's the way to go.

I try to do the wii fit once a week at least but it is so boring

Trust me. You need to do waaaay more than one hour of a "game" once a week. You need to be working out for one hour every day. Like someone else said, do 3 miles. I can set my pace to 3mph without running. I am also 5ft tall, so I know you will be able to handle the stride. You are also going to have to cut out junk food, high fats, and limit cheese. Portion, portion, portion. With this plan, I was able to lose 20 pounds in 2 months and I have metabolism problems associated with PCOS as an obstacle.

I am so frustrated with my weigh ha I wan to join weight watchers and take this diet pill I saw at the dollar store for those who want to know I am 5ft and 138 pounds want to get down to 115

I know you've previously posted about having an eating disorder in the past - for that reason (and about a million others), I would suggest that you stay far away from any diet pills - especially from the dollar store.

Weight Watchers is a good plan - but maybe due to your history you might want to speak to your doctor and/or a nutritionist first.

Good luck,
Laura

I know I am repeating myself and I apologize also my mom is helping me out a lot making sure I am not starving myself

Look into the WISH board, there are LOTS of suggestions on losing weight. What worked for me was the P90X system, and paying more attention to what I was eating.

I'm not saying I went on a diet, but I am more aware of what I'm putting into my body. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. Yes, getting off the couch for the first few weeks absolutely sucks. Yes, your first workouts will make you sore and wonder why you're putting yourself through it. BUT you will see gradual results if you keep yourself in check with whatever plan you put together for yourself.

Another thing to remember is that there is no magic pill that will take your weight away with little to no effort on your own part. Let me repeat: NO PILL WILL MAKE YOU THIN. Even their own fine print says that you must also exercise and diet when using them. They are completely unnecessary if you're doing the right things for yourself.

You will not wake up one morning after taking a pill and suddenyl have lost 20 pounds overnight. It took time for you to reach your current state, and it will take time to modify yourself from it. Good luck. :)

Well, I was doing a low-carb, higher protein diet until about a week ago when I noticed that my trigeminal neuralgia wasn't acting up at all. So I Googled it and found out that these kinds of diets, but even more ketogenic diets (all protein, no carb or extremely low carb) diets are known to help people with epilepsy and neuralgia.

Ahah.

I went out and researched Atkins and a diet plan that is new to the US but has been in Europe for about 10 years, the Dukan diet. Dukan is French and apparently, French people have loved it for 10 years. He didn't publish over here because apparently we scared him or something. :confused3

Anyway, his book was published in the states about a year ago.

You eat all lean proteins and fat free dairy for a certain number of days, in the "attack" phase, then start alternating all protein days with protein and vegetable days. You gradually re-introduce all foods in different phases until you're at the holding pattern, where you eat all protein one or two days a week and just try to eat sensibly the rest of the time.

I decided I liked Dukan better than Atkins or any of the bodybuilder's plans I found online. I didn't want to go to another dietician. I researched and the negatives were mainly naysayers - the only actual, real studies about low-carb diets I could find didn't support the hype I'd always believed about how bad low carb is. And, if it could cure my facial pain, I was all for it.

I'm eating in the attack phase right now - all proteins and fat free dairy (with a little low-fat dairy and maybe a bite or two of real goat cheese and blue cheese). It's been raining since I started and normally, no matter what, I am popping 6 or 8 ibuprofen a day.

I haven't needed to take a single one.

Now, what I did NOT expect was how fast weight is falling off me. I've lost about 5 lbs. My love handles are dissappearing rapidly. At this rate, I will be out of my "fat" pants by August.

You aren't supposed to stay in the "attack" phase for more than a few days, but I'm going to hang out here as long it keeps on raining. I'm enjoying not being in pain too much to quit! Quite frankly, I don't care if I'm not learning how to eat healthily or to maintain my weight loss. I. DON'T. HURT.:banana:

Well, I was doing a low-carb, higher protein diet until about a week ago when I noticed that my trigeminal neuralgia wasn't acting up at all. So I Googled it and found out that these kinds of diets, but even more ketogenic diets (all protein, no carb or extremely low carb) diets are known to help people with epilepsy and neuralgia.

Ahah.

I went out and researched Atkins and a diet plan that is new to the US but has been in Europe for about 10 years, the Dukan diet. Dukan is French and apparently, French people have loved it for 10 years. He didn't publish over here because apparently we scared him or something. :confused3

You eat all lean proteins and fat free dairy for a certain number of days, in the "attack" phase, then start alternating all protein days with protein and vegetable days. You gradually re-introduce all foods in different phases until you're at the holding pattern, where you eat all protein one or two days a week and just try to eat sensibly the rest of the time.

I decided I liked Dukan better than Atkins or any of the bodybuilder's plans I found online. I didn't want to go to another dietician. I researched and the negatives were mainly naysayers - the only actual, real studies about low-carb diets I could find didn't support the hype I'd always believed about how bad low carb is. And, if it could cure my facial pain, I was all for it.

I'm eating in the attack phase right now - all proteins and fat free dairy (with a little low-fat dairy and maybe a bite or two of real goat cheese and blue cheese). It's been raining since I started and normally, no matter what, I am popping 6 or 8 ibuprofen a day.

Now, what I did NOT expect was how fast weight is falling off me. I've lost about 5 lbs. My love handles are dissappearing rapidly. At this rate, I will be out of my "fat" pants by August.

You aren't supposed to stay in the "attack" phase for more than a few days, but I'm going to hang out here as long it keeps on raining. I'm enjoying not being in pain too much to quit! Quite frankly, I don't care if I'm not learning how to eat healthily or to maintain my weight loss. I. DON'T. HURT.:banana:

I don't know a thing that you're talking about with this diet, but I did perk up my ears to your ending comments. I can't even imagine being in your shoes regarding being in pain, but please be careful about any possible damaging effects you could trigger from staying in the attack plan too long. You don't want other health issues to deal with I'm sure.

Like I said, I'm no expert & I hope you won't be offended by what I said. I wish you good luck w/ your weight loss & especially that your pain level stays very, very low.

OP, I don't know anything about your eating disorder history, but I'm curious that you're considering diet pills -- the $ store :scared1: & your exercise plan seems to be the Wii Fit once a week. Your focus needs to be a healthy lifestyle, NOT A DIET. Learn proper nutrition, get involved in some fun active things on a regular basis or walk the daily 3 miles as suggested. If you do this you will live healthy & won't have to worry about your weight -- and you will live healthy, isn't that the real goal?

Ahah.

I tried the Dukan diet for a hot minute after reading about it on a DIS thread and it seriously was not for me. By the third day, I could barely stand the feel of meat or fish in my mouth, and not being allowed fruit, vegetables or even olive oil pushed me over the edge. It is great that it is working for you, and that you are in less pain!

I ended up joining weight watchers and have lost about 20 lbs since late May. And I've taken up jogging and do about 3 miles a day easily now. I should be down to my goal weight by late October or November.

I still eat a lot of lean protein, but I also eat a great deal of fruit and vegetables and some whole grains, I guess a "South Beach" type of diet, but within the confines of weight watchers. I can definitely see me staying with something like this for the long haul.

Ahah.

You need refeeds (eating carbs) because when you are eating no or very low carbs. . .leptin decreases. Leptin regulates appetite and metabolism. That's why these low carb cycling diets are so effective. When you are eating the protein/no carb part. . .leptin sensitivity increases. . .but gone for too long and leptin levels will drop too low. . .leading to uncontrolled appetite and overeating. That's why carbs need to be cycled. That being said, some people can go up to 14 days without refeeds. I find I need to do it weekly.

Anywhoo. . .you can read more than you ever wanted to know about leptin here. . .:laughing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptin

Oh yeah. . .and to the OP. . .please. . Please. . .PLEASE don't use those dollar store diet pills! If they worked everybody would be using them. Most likely they are nothing more than a fiber supplement at best. . .and if they are something more, like a stimulant, than you don't want to be taking them anyway.

Stick with lean proteins, portion controlled complex carbs and lots of veggies. :thumbsup2

Oh yeah. . .and walk at least 30mins 5Xs a week. I think that's a good start. :hug:

You definitely need to exercise more than once a week. Actually, everyone does to stay healthy. One thing I would highly recommend is a Pilates mat workout. You can find routines online. It's great for toning/trimming your core as well as working out your entire lower body. For upper body you can add things like pushups and dips which don't require any equipment.

As for diet, switch out any simple carbs (white bread, pasta, potatoes, sugar) with whole grain versions and low glycemic items. Just making those changes will make a big difference because the fiber will keep you full longer and you'll end up eating less without feeling deprived.

Finally, you need to be realistic about the weight that you can maintain. Good luck.

You need refeeds (eating carbs) because when you are eating no or very low carbs. . .leptin decreases. Leptin regulates appetite and metabolism. That's why these low carb cycling diets are so effective. When you are eating the protein/no carb part. . .leptin sensitivity increases. . .but gone for too long and leptin levels will drop too low. . .leading to uncontrolled appetite and overeating. That's why carbs need to be cycled. That being said, some people can go up to 14 days without refeeds. I find I need to do it weekly.

Anywhoo. . .you can read more than you ever wanted to know about leptin here. . .:laughing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptin

Oh yeah. . .and to the OP. . .please. . Please. . .PLEASE don't use those dollar store diet pills! If they worked everybody would be using them. Most likely they are nothing more than a fiber supplement at best. . .and if they are something more, like a stimulant, than you don't want to be taking them anyway.

Stick with lean proteins, portion controlled complex carbs and lots of veggies. :thumbsup2

Oh yeah. . .and walk at least 30mins 5Xs a week. I think that's a good start. :hug:

Thanks for the advice! I'm primarily doing this for the pain management; the weight loss is great though, so I am NOT complaining. Hopefully, the weather will shift soon; I'll do everything to stay away from my "triggers" and I'll take your advice! I have family coming in today, so I am hoping the weather has shifted, although my bones tell me it hasn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter