• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Frustrated!

lcznc

Earning My Ears
At really no one other than myself ;). Our family has a vacation to the WL scheduled for 9/24-9/29. Well, I have finally convinced my husband to pick the kids up early from school on Friday and head down to Orlando (obviously we are driving). And once he agreed to that-he agreed to an extra day atthe end of the trip-hooray!

So, I am all set to call Disney and change our reservation-I am thinking it shouldn't be a problem since we are still more than 6 months out and it is value season-right? WRONG! No availability for 9/23 or 9/29 for the room in our catagory. I am so disappointed that I just didn't make the change earlier. Now I am trying to figure out what to do. We love the WL and don't really want to change resorts... We might stay offsite on 9/23 and do a split stay on the 29th. Decisions, decisions...

Sorry-this is really a vent not a request for help. I knew if anyone would understand, it would be all of you here on the DIS!

It's amazing how you think you have plenty of time and find out you really don't. I think people book up Disney trips earlier and earlier all the time. Especially with all the special events going on like the Halloween parties, marathons and half marathons, and other festivals.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks-I know we will make this work. No reason to be sad since we are going back to Disney! This may be an opportunity to try a new resort for a night or two ;)

Always trying to look on the bright side.

I ran into that before. Is it booked under a special like FDD or Kids free???? If that is the case they only hold so many rooms for each special I have found. try calling back and seeing if you can add rooms under a new reservation. At the end, you may have to have it set up under 3 reservations , even possibly change rooms. But if that doesn't work, why not try a new resort??? If your willing to split and leave the Disney site & go out, try new. I wouldn't go off Disney site & split the resrt time, done it, regreted it! Put it this way, you will most likely be back again, won't be your last time. Maybe let the kids pick a hotel and try something new to "mix it up abit". Good luck

The WL has availabilities for those dates in all catagories. Are you using a code or pin? Maybe that's why it's showing no rooms :confused3 Have you thought about the CR or FW??

If your willing to split and leave the Disney site & go out, try new. I wouldn't go off Disney site & split the resrt time, done it, regreted it! Put it this way, you will most likely be back again, won't be your last time. Maybe let the kids pick a hotel and try something new to "mix it up abit". Good luck

I like the idea of letting the kids pick!:) OP, you could even narrow it down a bit, and let them choose between 3 or 4 resorts. Or just pull a name out of a hat. I would love to do that, but no one else in my family will get on board with it.

Thank all. Yes, we are booked under the public code (35% rack rate) and I mentioned to the two CM's that I spoke with that the website showed availability but both said to no avail. It must have to do with the # of alloted rooms available under the code. All in all it really isn't that big of a deal-we can drive in on Friday and maybe stay somewhere offsite that night and then get up early, check-in to the WL and then off to the parks we go. It's the last night that I am more concerned about. I have no doubt we will figure this all out-it just would have really been nice to have it all tied up with a bow on it before I make my ADR's in a week. Ha! Oh well-we still can't wait to go!!!!!

I would keep checking as what you want might become available :). I booked with a pin code for our trip this past December and I made several changes, one being an extra day. This extra day wasn't available with my pin code for the room category I wanted but I called every couple of days for a few weeks and I was finally able to get what I wanted :goodvibes. You could book a different resort so you have something, but keep calling to see if the WL opens up if that's really where you want to be ;). Good luck :wizard:.

We are staying at the WL during those same exact dates. I called just a few days ago to add 1 more night and had no problem doing so. We are staying w/ free DDP, I wonder if that makes a difference or we were just lucky. Keep calling and trying to add your day.

It's more than likely tied into the discount since Disney only releases so many for those discounts. I would book rack rate for the nights you need and then hope for a discount. It's a pain in the butt and takes away a lot of time in the vacation to change to a different resort...especially at the end of a vacation.

When you check it online and see the availability, are you clicking on the "special offers" link at the bottom of the page and seeing availability for the discounted rooms or just availability for rack rate?

Sounds like you could book it now as 2 add'l reservations (since the website shows availability) but would not be able to get it under the discounted code.

I would check back 45 days out when final payments are due. That is when you might see some sudden availability. Many people seem to snap up the discounted rooms "just in case" even when they are not sure if they will be going. In the meantime, make a contingency plan that you can live with if nothing opens up.

Hope it works out for you. WL is definitely on my bucket list! It looks gorgeous.

I just went to the website and there are discounted rooms for 9/23, a few different categories too. I would just book it online and then have them link the reservations.

The entire stay is available 9/23 - 9/29 too (woods and Courtyard bunk bed rooms), so if you wanted it all on one reservation I would book it now online and just cancel the old reservation. I'm not sure if you are doing a package or not, but it is usually easier to have all tickets / Dining plan / etc start on the same day.

You allhave been so helpful! Thanks so much-I'll keep you posted on how it goes. We just love the WL-there are other resorts that we want to try, but we keep coming back to the WL :). We live by the beach so the rustic feel of the resort just appeals to us. Thanks again all!

You allhave been so helpful! Thanks so much-I'll keep you posted on how it goes. We just love the WL-there are other resorts that we want to try, but we keep coming back to the WL :). We live by the beach so the rustic feel of the resort just appeals to us. Thanks again all!

What part of NC do you live? My daughter lived in Wilmington and I absolutely fell in love with the area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter