• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SO EXCITED I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THE TITLE SHOULD BE!

An Ice Maker... Eh? While I think that's a cool thing to have, I also can't help to cringe when I think about it. Why? Because it just sounds challenging to be able to "Winterize" the Ice Maker. Never having to do it, it may be a simple task, but some how, I don't think so.
While I admit to being "winterizing instructions challenged", I have to say- when he went thru the directions on how to do everything- it almost seems as though with a click of a button, everything seems to happen by itself! Kind of like the Disney magic :wizard: Let's hope it actually happens that way! Thankfully I have a very adept husband who is more experienced in doing that stuff than I am LOL

Meeting me is underwhelming, I have to admit. I hope you have hundreds of other items above that on your bucket list of life. :rotfl:

Bama Ed
Nope- nothing else above that! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I guess that just means we'll have to keep coming back over and over and over again until we eventually match up our dates! (gee- what a sacrifice! :rotfl2:)

An Ice Maker... Eh? While I think that's a cool thing to have, I also can't help to cringe when I think about it. Why? Because it just sounds challenging to be able to "Winterize" the Ice Maker. Never having to do it, it may be a simple task, but some how, I don't think so.

Actually, it 'is' an easy task!! Just unhook one hose and it drains itself. We've never had to do that to ours as we keep our mh in an RV barn, and keep two ceramic heaters in it that we don't let get below 35*. That's the only thing he can't 'blow' out.

An ice maker is not a big deal to me, but dh loves to have his ice.

Congratulations! Wishing you and your family many happy camping memories together.

Nope- nothing else above that! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I guess that just means we'll have to keep coming back over and over and over again until we eventually match up our dates! (gee- what a sacrifice! :rotfl2:)

Well if you've already met Tiggerdad (and I have too), nothing compares to that experience.

Except maybe when The Rusty Scupper teleports into your campsite like a wisp of wind and leaves the same way. Now THAT's pretty awesome.

Bama Ed

Serenitygr,

Did you get the residential frig? We opted to have the larger RV frig so we didn't have to depend on an inverter and keeping a battery charged, but I think it's the one thing DW is regretting. Not for the extra space, but for the ice maker. I'm not going to let her see this post or I may be taking out one of the pantries to move in a home style refrigerator.

Well if you've already met Tiggerdad (and I have too), nothing compares to that experience.

Except maybe when The Rusty Scupper teleports into your campsite like a wisp of wind and leaves the same way.
I've never met TRS yet, but it sounds like meeting Tiggerdad is an "event", where TRS is more of a "happening". :-)

j

Hey, feeling the love here for sure! Didn't know I was a spectacle but I'll take it.

Over years we've been able to meet several Disers and their families (yours included) and iIcan honestly say they have all been great experiences. We've made some great friends and so have our kids.

Eaten a lot of good food at those gatherings too...

Last edited:

LOL We've actually gone through Cotton a couple times in this past year :) And I think of you every time! Last winter we actually got pretty spoiled- I think we only had to plow ourselves out 5 or 6 times- hardly makes it worthwhile buying a snowplow, for goodness sakes! This year I'm sure we'll pay for it- there were patches of frost on the ground this morning for the first time :sad::sad::sad:

But yesterday we brought our new baby home- she is sitting right out in front of our house right now. We had lots of family over last night to meet her, and it still seems a little hard to believe she really belongs to us! (well- to the bank and us, but mostly to us LOL) We may take some of our totes out from when we unpacked the rolling turd, and move some things in before parking her in the barn for the winter... They winterized her already, so that's nice.... Did I mention the little stinker even has an ICE MAKER!! LOL We found out things yesterday we didn't even realize she had!

You keep those sticks! They were a gift :flower: We've actually got a bunch more now that my aunt gave us, so we'll put those in there... But I'm holding out for you to book your spot next October! Even my kids still talk about you- we'd all love to see you guys again! And anyone else who can book during that time!

Well we are working on plans for next year, not sure if we will be there then or a bit earlier in mid to late Sept.

serenitygr, Congratulations on the new RV! It sounds like the new rig is worthy of a much more dignified nickname than the one your last one recieved. Very exciting stuff! please post a picture of her when you can.

Serenitygr,

Did you get the residential frig? We opted to have the larger RV frig so we didn't have to depend on an inverter and keeping a battery charged, but I think it's the one thing DW is regretting. Not for the extra space, but for the ice maker. I'm not going to let her see this post or I may be taking out one of the pantries to move in a home style refrigerator.

j
Teamubr- I'm not sure what it's called for size- it's got 2 big silver doors on the top, and a huge drawer with 2 shelves/trays for the freezer- I do know there's a power inverter somehow connected to it when you aren't plugged into electric- I remember something about that when they were explaining everything underneath :) sorry I'm not much more help LOL

Well we are working on plans for next year, not sure if we will be there then or a bit earlier in mid to late Sept.
PaHunter! That is great! As our dates inch closer, we'll have to stay in touch and see if they correspond! I know last year it was so much fun planning with everyone else who was going around the same time- I think there were almost 10-12 families going in October, if not more!

"The Rolling Palace". Nice camper!
hmmmm..... you've got me thinking! Palace IS somewhat Disney themed too! Another name we like is Rosabella LOL But I'm not sure that fits her yet :tongue: I think we almost will have to take a trip with her to really know :) But I am pretty sure it will be more complimentary the our last one. Altho honestly- my brother gave the Rolling Turd her name- it was almost an honor to know her... She gave us some lifelong memories in just one trip, and for that- I will always miss her :love:

Bama Ed and Rusty Scupper- names of almost "Disney folklore"..... Tiggerdad was the same as well, but because he's visited our frozen tundra here in MN, and we've had the chance to enjoy his hospitality (not to mention his cooking!) he's moved from that category into the "DIS friends" category. Eventually I'd love to have all of you be in that one!

I'm not sure what it's called for size- it's got 2 big silver doors on the top, and a huge drawer with 2 shelves/trays for the freezer- I do know there's a power inverter somehow connected to it when you aren't plugged into electric- I remember something about that when they were explaining everything underneath
That sounds like you have a regular refrigerator you can use at home. The extra space is great. And the ice maker would sell it for DW. She wasn't thinking it through when we bought the new 5er. Probably because it was January. :-)

hmmmm..... you've got me thinking! Palace IS somewhat Disney themed too!
Come on. If you want a Disney (sort of) name...

"The Castle"

Or at the least, "The Magic Kingdom". It is huge and will be magical, I'm sure. :D

j

Can someone run me thru the steps on how to post pictures again? I used to have it down, but I can't find where to link an individual picture anymore- I'm trying both Snapfish, and Shutterfly...

Okay, the easiest way is to click on the "upload a file" button at the bottom of text box. It will then ask you to choose the file so search your pictures and double click it to start the upload. Make sure the pic is like 1000x700 or at least less than 1mb.

Sometimes you need to resize pics to make them small enough. You can do this using MS picture manager and just save the pic with a new name so you won't lose your original picture format.

When the pic finishes you'll see a smaller version of it at the bottom of the text box and beside it is a button that says "full image" or something like that. Click on that then click "post reply".

OK Thank you Tiggerdad! It's taken about an hour, but I think I got one figured out LOL I'll try to post a few more later- gotta make some supper for the kiddos right now!
DSCN6961.JPG

Since this is not directly Fort related I am gonna move it to the CCB. Waiting on more pics. popcorn::

Very nice! You went with the light leather. Mine had dark leather, but it's the same couch and recliners. The recliners a VERY nice! Just don't sit too long our you'll be so relaxed you can't get the leg rest back down. :D

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter