So excited, CUBA bound next weekend!

Whereabouts?

They have the MOST beautiful beaches..
When I go I bring my own mustard and ketchup, and PButter if you are bringing little ones..
NOt sure if it is your first time, so I mentioned that ;)

travel and leisure has a big spread this month on Cuba. I would love to go.

travel and leisure has a big spread this month on Cuba. I would love to go.

It's never been much of a hassle for US citizens to visit Cuba via Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, or other countries. We went in 2001 from Toronto. A Canadian travel agency handled all the details. We stayed within the letter of US law, but admittedly violated the spirit of the law.

Last edited:
It's never been much of a hassle for US citizens to visit Cuba via Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, or other countries. We went in 2002 from Toronto. A Canadian travel agency handled all the details. We stayed within the letter of US law, but admittedly violated the spirit of the law.

Any problem with the stamp in your passport?

No Cuban stamp in my US passport.....they gave us a tourist card, like Mommasita said. It was Canada 3000 Airlines from Toronto to Veradero and back. Separate tickets on the old Continental Airlines from Newark to Toronto and return.

No Cuban stamp in my US passport.....they gave us a tourist card, like Mommasita said. It was Canada 3000 Airlines from Toronto to Veradero and back. Separate tickets on the old Continental Airlines from Newark to Toronto and return.

OMG I used to work there.>LOL

That's who we used as well, except it was to Holguin.

For Canada 3000? It was a pretty good airline. I think they abruptly went out of business a short while after 9/11.

Yep, then it became Jetsgo, worked there too.. Same owner.. Michel Leblanc, he did the same thing.. Then I smartened up.. jerk he was..

I have always wanted to visit Cuba. I know you can't fly from U.S. but I thought it was not 100% legal to fly from Canada if you are a U.S. citizen.

I have always wanted to visit Cuba. I know you can't fly from U.S. but I thought it was not 100% legal to fly from Canada if you are a U.S. citizen.

It was no problem to fly from the US to Cuba via Canada before 9/11. I think they tightened up things for a while afterwards, then the Bush administration put pressure on Ottawa not to allow it, but I'm pretty sure it's relatively easy again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter