• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So excited about Trails End tomorrow!!

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
We arrive in Disney tomorrow. Every trip, we try a new restaurant and we had been wanting to try Trails End but it was never really convenient. Well, since we are staying at the CR we will be headed there for dinner tomorrow!!!

What is your favorite thing on the buffet? Is the fried chicken as good as 50's Prime Time?

We haven't been to 50s prime time, but according to my mom Trail's End chicken is the best she's EVER had anywhere, including that made by family members. I have to say their ribs were my favorite of ANY ribs I have ever had. It is such a relaxing place too. After we ate we sat in the loungers on the beach and waited for the electrical water parade.

We haven't been to 50s prime time, but according to my mom Trail's End chicken is the best she's EVER had anywhere, including that made by family members. I have to say their ribs were my favorite of ANY ribs I have ever had. It is such a relaxing place too. After we ate we sat in the loungers on the beach and waited for the electrical water parade.
Totally forgot about the ribs!!! Yay!!!! I'm excited about those too!!!

Let us know how it is. We are trying it for the first time in June. (For dinner). I only ever see reviews about breakfast, which sounds good too

Size was the buffet itself is not anything like a Golden Corral or Boma or even H&V but to me that means the food is better and fresher. I'm jealous as that was our favorite out of all the table service restaurants (first time for those!) and we tried trails end, liberty tree tavern, Biergarten, Boma and Hollywood & vine.

We love Trails end!!! It's so delicious! We tried it for the first time last year, breakfast & Dinner and are going again this year. Fried chicken is delicious. We loved the biscuits w/sausage gravy, Mac n cheese. I mean really everything was so tasty!!

For dessert, get the hot fruit cobbler then top it with some soft serve. And the cornbread is the best on property too! I love the grilled chicken, don't know if they still have it though.

Trails End is usually a favorite of ours, but this last trip there first of March was definitely an 'off' night. The 'smoked brisket' which is usually our favorite dish was no more than a pot roast that was literally falling apart - we couldn't believe they were calling it brisket when we've had it there many times and it was outstanding.

The fried chicken was not crisp, so we weren't happy about that - hopefully next time we go it will be better. I did enjoy the ribs.

We took the Ferry from MK area, we loved the food, the chicken was great and the staff there really were happy, attentive, and organized. It was also a great price for Disney and if you have the Disney visa you get 10% off when using it. Plan to go again when we return to Disney.

Is this the ferry outside of MK park?
How long is the ferry ride...and how long is the walk to the restaurant?
There will be 2 seniors and I want to tell them to plan appropriately..(I have not been).
I suggested this place as they like no nonsense food and nothing fancy .
And it was something they have not seen...thought it would be nice for them to try.

I keep meaning to go there since they serve the same fried chicken and cornbread as HDDR (they share a kitchen) and both are really delicious!

Tried it for the first time two years ago. Didn't expect a lot but it's a nice break from the park to take the boat over and relax a bit. Well, my DS11 (at the time) tried the ribs and kept telling me I had to have some. Me, I'm thinking, "Ribs at a buffet in Disney. How good can they really be?" I like fall-off-the-bone ribs and am very particular about them. I finally gave in to make DS happy. WOW! They were really delicious and definitely fall off the bone! Also really liked the banana pudding for dessert. Everything was very tasty. Nothing super fancy, but just good home style food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter