So dissapointed in Photopass

Prince Eric's Mom

Earning My Ears
Just returned from the World. We've been several times and always used Photopass for family shots and magical moments. In the past I've had a hard time narrowing down my choices. Just looked at my pics from this trip and they are terrible almost across the board. Dark shots, overexposed shots, missing shots. I realize it's a 'free' service until you purchase, but I would be calling to demand a refund if I had prepurchased a cd! We did Enchanted Tales and my son was the Beast and his picture with Belle isn't even on the card. Are you kidding? I:sad1: I have a card full of other people's kids and mine's nowhere to be found. So my tip? Don't count of Photopass. Take as many of your own as possible or you may get home and regret it like I do!!!!!

We had a similar problem in December. We ended up with photopass cards that had no pictures on them. :confused3 Unfortunately they were they ones we were looking foward to the most. I assumed something happened when they took the picture and scanned the card. Not sure how you can verify you have pics before you walk away but that would be nice.

I purchased photopass + and we are missing all the pictures from Belle. It says they were added to our account but there is nothing there. I had 4 members of my family selected as part if the story and no pictures to show for it :(

How horrible :( I will make sure I get lots of my own pics too. Just in case.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I would generally only get PhotoPass for certain shots (group shot in front of the castle at night, for example), but after a few times of not so great pics, I either double up on the Photo Pass photographer, like in the case of Jedi Training, or I adjust my camera settings and have the photographer use my camera if I want to be in the pic. Sometimes they get a shot I've missed, which is great, but at least I'm covered.

We did photopass + this trip and I was upset too, lots of missing pics and the quality was not good.

You can check your photopass card before you leave and make sure all the pictures are there. We also had missing photos with Belle but I called and they were able to find them for us. I had taken pictures with my own camera so I knew the exact time we were there. It took them a day but they found the pictures. We were very happy with Photopass+. It was our 4 year olds first trip and we had several character meals, the Luau, breakfast at 'Ohana, etc. it was great to get all those pictures too.

Call photopass guest services. Our ETWB pics were also lost but recovered. It only took her 5 minutes to find them and they were on my account within 20.

Call photopass guest services. Our ETWB pics were also lost but recovered. It only took her 5 minutes to find them and they were on my account within 20.

That's awesome. Even though we lost a few pics last trip, we plan to use them more than we have in the past for group shots and things like that. I figure we will just have to be more diligent about making sure the shots we really want don't get lost.

Very cool that they were able to recover your pics so quickly.

I purchased photopass + and we are missing all the pictures from Belle. It says they were added to our account but there is nothing there. I had 4 members of my family selected as part if the story and no pictures to show for it :(

Do you still have the separate Belle photopass card? You can add that to your photopass + number.

I did contact Photopass. Sadly ours were not recovered. They apologized and said they have been having trouble with their cameras and it was most likely due to a technical error. Ok, so maybe mention that before the show starts???? :furious:

Just a note, the PP people will take a picture with your camera as well if you ask them.

How sad! Sorry to hear! But thanks for sharing your experience! Every time we go somewhere I work myself up trying to get good pics, thought I'd take it easy this time. Maybe not now!

I have to say that since the NEW PhotoPass RED card my phptos are PZoOR quality!
I paid $200 in the park as it was a surprise trip & my hubby wanted me to relax & not worry about getting all the great shots etc we have gone almost d Rey year 2008, 2009, 2010,2011, 2012 & this past Dec was the WORST photos ever!
I only bought the CD no extras, a real shame.
How do we end up with another families photos on OUR CD???

My 10 to could have done what any of the photo cast members done...
KWIM

Not sure if well purchase it or not next in Dec 2013
With the increase in price , it's just not worth it. :confused3

I was disappointed in some of my pics and spent a lot of time trying to track down missing photos. Overall it was worth it to me primarily because of the chef mickey photo package I received.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter