So disappointed in Miley Cyrus...

I also think too much fuss has been made about those pictures. My DD, who is seven, is never gonna read Vanity Fair and never see those pics unless I showed them to her - which I won't. Maybe it was a mistake, who knows what the real story is, but I'm also with "live and learn" crowd - and we're all human and make mistakes. If it were a trend of behavior I didn't approve of I'd probably steer DD away from HM (if possible!) but I'll forgive a goof or two and move on.

It's sad that this young lady had the opportunity to set herself apart from the usual Brittney and Lindsey nonsense. Why can't they try and be a good example instead of trying to fit into the hollywood bad girl scene.

I think Madonna set this example and now every young starlett tries to emulate her.

Maybe one day the tides will change and the people behind the scenes will see that it's cool to be a good role model.

It's sad that this young lady had the opportunity to set herself apart from the usual Brittney and Lindsey nonsense. Why can't they try and be a good example instead of trying to fit into the hollywood bad girl scene.

I think Madonna set this example and now every young starlett tries to emulate her.

Maybe one day the tides will change and the people behind the scenes will see that it's cool to be a good role model.

I would hardly compare what Miley Cyrus did here to what Lohan and Spears have been doing

Yes, and the parents need to be a little more responsible as well regarding these things. They allow there "tweens" to fawn over these "stars", actually encouraging them by paying hundreds of dollars for a concert ticket. Just say no parents. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Without these fans, these hollywood types would be nothing at all............sad indeed :sad2:

Madonna! This sort of stuff has been going on a lot longer than Madonna.

The best role models for kids are their parents. The media and the celebrity circus are not a source for role models and moral values.

Yes, and the parents need to be a little more responsible as well regarding these things. They allow there "tweens" to fawn over these "stars", actually encouraging them by paying hundreds of dollars for a concert ticket. Just say no parents. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Without these fans, these hollywood types would be nothing at all............sad indeed :sad2:

EXACTLY! My daughter loves Miley and I tried to get tickets for the concerts, but at cost only. I would not, will not under any circumstances add to the craziness by paying scalpers prices. This frenzy is counter productive to anything you should be trying to teach your children.

Also, I agree with MJ that what has been done here has no relation to what Spears and Lohan have done ... and being a 'good girl' is not cool, never has been cool and probably will never be cool despite what the we old fogies want. But I will say the Jonas Brothers are trying to play that 'good boy' card to the hilt so lets just see how far that takes them and for how long.
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter