• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So did I marry a wax work!

Brit_Jude

DIS Veteran
Hi,

My pics are available from my dessert party. I love the picutres of all of "us being us" before the fireworks but the money shots of DH and I infront of the fireworks not so much. DH looks like a wax work - not sure what he is doing with his head pose. He said the photographer told us not to move. :confused3 I guess that means put your head up in an unnatural position:confused:. Also for the kiss shot you would think that he would turn in to me for that and not be gripping the railing, looks like he is trying to get away :laughing:...oh well I won't be mad at him for long, but really! Maybe the Disney photographer should have caught what was going on and posed us better but it does all happen quickly once the fireworks go off. I know there were more shots - we must have been even worse :eek:

We have some lovely pics of the family enjoying themselves though and the funny shots with the glow apparel.

Please visit http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings, and fill in the following information:

Username: Teague / Cloud Dessert Party
Password: 1971

Thanks for sharing! I think they all look great, I can't see what you're talking about with the wax thing. And I think in the kissing pics, he just looks casual, not like he's trying to pull away. Fabulous photos, everybody looks like they had so much fun!!:lovestruc

I got worried when I saw your post! I don't normally like "posed" photos, but I think your posed photos look good!

Oh and I love the photos of your food! What was everything called? It all looked yummy!

I think they look great and I love the group glow shots. I was looking and I didn't think he looked strange at all, until you were both turned around facing the camera. It does look like he's looking a little towards the sky, but I don't think anyone would notice without you pointing it out. It looks like you had a great time!
What were the last desserts pictured with all the individual dessert shots? They look super yummy.

Thanks for sharing! I think they all look great, I can't see what you're talking about with the wax thing. And I think in the kissing pics, he just looks casual, not like he's trying to pull away. Fabulous photos, everybody looks like they had so much fun!!:lovestruc

Thanks I have just been so anxious to see the pics. There was nothing intentional on his part I know. It was a lot of fun that was my aim, though we don't need much encouragement!

I got worried when I saw your post! I don't normally like "posed" photos, but I think your posed photos look good!

Oh and I love the photos of your food! What was everything called? It all looked yummy!

Thanks for the photo comments it is hard to look at ourselves.

As for the desserts we customized the menu and picked just what we thought we and our guests would like, it came out to $27 per person.
Assorted Cup Cakes
Mini Cheese Cakes
S'Mores Bars
Key West Lime Tarts
Fruit Tarts
Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Do you remember the photographer name?

We had two photographers - Bryan & Ali, I liked them I think they liked that we were having so much fun. Both took photo's before the fireworks and during the fireworks one took the shots of DH and I with cameras on tripods and the the other took the pics of our family on the benches.

I think they look great and I love the group glow shots. I was looking and I didn't think he looked strange at all, until you were both turned around facing the camera. It does look like he's looking a little towards the sky, but I don't think anyone would notice without you pointing it out. It looks like you had a great time!
What were the last desserts pictured with all the individual dessert shots? They look super yummy.

Yes the group glow shots were a lot of fun. The photographers commented that they had not seen the amount we had before. Thanks on the poses - Sambycat (Lisa) thinks that maybe he was looking out for UFOs. It had been a long day posing and during the fireworks shots you have to stay still for a time due to the exposure so the pose is due to not wanting to move.

The desserts in order of the pics are:
Fruit tarts, key lime tarts, cup cakes, cheese cakes/brownies, s'mores bars

Thanks for the feedback! I loved our DP and was so glad that we included it for our wedding and in the location we had.

I love your pics - and think the kissing shot in front of the fireworks is awesome!! I love that you all looked to be having such a great time. The glow stick pics are amazing.

So glad to see your photog took pics of all the food - I am obsessed with food pics and hope I get good pics of all the desserts on our buffet as well!

LOL I understand what you mean about marrying a waxwork. It's difficult to know wht to do when you're being photographed so much.

Did you feel it was worth having the photographers at your DP? the reason I ask is that I plan to do this, but as I'm not having a DFTW I will be paying quite a bit for the whole thing. I have to say that from looking at your pics I think it is totally worth it. You have so many lovely memories of the day and you look like you had so much fun. :goodvibes

I'm am so glad you shared your pictures. We are planning on using UK lonchside also and I have not been able to find any good pictures of the set up. This helped me so much! Your pictures allowed me to completely grasp the location in relation to the water and the set up! I think you got so many great pictures! I see what your saying about DH looking like a wax work, but I think you got a lot of great shots! Your guests look like they had a blast!

I really want to have a photographer for our Dessert Party but I'm nervous about using Disney. I really want to enjoy the fireworks and don't want a camera in my face. I would rather have candid journalistic shots and very few still shots. I love your pics but I wonder if Disney does the kind of photos I like...

Honestly I love the kissing photos with the fireworks in the background! I think they are lovely!

Your group looks like they had just so much fun!!

LOL I understand what you mean about marrying a waxwork. It's difficult to know wht to do when you're being photographed so much.

Did you feel it was worth having the photographers at your DP? the reason I ask is that I plan to do this, but as I'm not having a DFTW I will be paying quite a bit for the whole thing. I have to say that from looking at your pics I think it is totally worth it. You have so many lovely memories of the day and you look like you had so much fun. :goodvibes

Yes it was strange being photographed all day.

I am so glad that I had the photography. I love the candid informal shots of the "us being us" they are a wonderful memory of the evening that I would not have had. As well as the funny shots of us infront of the fireworks ;)

The e-mail I got from Disney states that:
- In approximately 2-3 weeks, you will receive a package with your Proof Book and 4x6 Keepsake prints

Can anyone tell me what the keepsake prints are like - do they have copyright stuff all over them? As I like all the family pics so much it would be nice to know if the keepsakes would be good to put in an my own album etc.

I really want to have a photographer for our Dessert Party but I'm nervous about using Disney. I really want to enjoy the fireworks and don't want a camera in my face. I would rather have candid journalistic shots and very few still shots. I love your pics but I wonder if Disney does the kind of photos I like...

Before the fireworks it didn't feel like the photographers were intrusive they did their stuff and it didn't feel like they asked us to pose much. When we did it was quick. Most of the time I didn't notice there were there. It wasn't until the actual fireworks went off that the real posing started.

I know Disney will let you add on second photographer to have a photojornalistic style to a wedding. You can always ask for just photojornalistic shots at the DP and see what they say you can also add some fireworks shots if you want some of those.

I just noticed your email response from Disney.

Do you have to choose a certain number of images or do you get to keep them all? Would be such a shame if you could only select a few from all those lovely pictures

I just noticed your email response from Disney.

Do you have to choose a certain number of images or do you get to keep them all? Would be such a shame if you could only select a few from all those lovely pictures

The dessert party photography package consists of the website for guests to order copies or if we want a larger print up to 8x12 size, a proof book and keepsake prints, which we get to keep. The keepsake prints are a 4x6 print of each photo on the website from the dessert party. They do not say proof on them, so we can frame them, put them in an album or give to friends/family. So yes we get a copy of every photo on the website :thumbsup2

For larger that 8x12 prints, portraits, albums or thank you cards, Disney Fine Art Photography sends you some PDF brochures with pricing and information with the notification e-mail when the picures are available on the website
(as above the reprint orders up to 8x12 in size may be made online).

thanks for sharing, your photos are beautiful! i especially love the ones of you kissing in front of the fireworks, and the group picture with the glow sticks :goodvibes

can i just ask.. as you had a slightly smaller group, did you have to pay extra for UK Lower as I understand it has a 20 guest minimum? we hope to have this location with a group of approx 12-14, the view looks awesome! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter