So.....did all DVC members get new member cards?

. . . . Question---mine says member since 2001--which I am guessing was the original purchase date from prior owner. Does anyone else who bought resale have an older date on theirs? Elaine

I've heard of that before. I understand that a later date (not sure when) Disney fixed it so when a contract passes to the new owner it now shows the closing date as the Member since date.

Considering how infrequently one has to present the card (for me very seldom) , I can't imagine that DVC is now replacing resale customers existing cards with new gray cards at DVC member expense! MS on the phone can't see the card color and they are the ones who would enforce the new March resale purchase restrictions/limitations while booking reservations!

I'm sure the cracker jack DVC IT dept. has a feature that signals the MS rep that it's a post 3/2011 resale contract.

Warning Will Robinson, Warning, Resale, Resale !!!!!!

but if they indeed are replacing my blue card with a gray, gee thanks, I suppose olive drab was already taken!

no new cards here. members since. 2004, same cards.

I have the dark blue ones from resale purchase in 2007. Question---mine says member since 2001--which I am guessing was the original purchase date from prior owner. Does anyone else who bought resale have an older date on theirs? Elaine

Yes. Our first contract was purchased resale so our cards read that we have been members since 1999.

No new member cards at my house, either...no new purchases (direct or add-on) since 2008...my old card is in fine shape, tho...and I only use it to renew our APs, and for an occasional discount...

Funny thing....after we closed on our two recent resale contracts..I got two new BLUE cards in the mail. They had our first memership number on them. I called MS and told them our first membership number was on them, but needed our new membership number cards. Then we got the gray ones for the new contracts just purchased. So now I have two sets of the darker blue cards and a gray set for our first membership. THEN of course....the gray ones for the new contracts. :upsidedow

I'm wondering if the new grey cards are as ugly as I am imagining them....lol

We just did an add-on (resale) and I wasn't expecting any new cards since it's all the same membership number. But I DID get a letter from DVC just telling us that we were 'in the system' and showing our membership number. Thought that was a little weird but figured it was just 'in lieu of' sending out new membership cards. Doesn't matter to me as long as the 'old' ones still work!:goodvibes

No new cards here either. Though I am glad, I like my blue ones, gray doesn't sound so nice looking.

Could someone with the gray one's post a pic with your memeber number/info blocked out? (if that is possible?)

Curious to see what they look like.

Are old cards were in bad shape or we are getting old and can't read them. So the wife called and they sent us new cards.

No new cards here either. I called MS about a new one for my wife ,her's has been missing for a little while .We called 2 weeks ago .hoping it shows up befor eour trip OKW next sat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter