So confused about what to do???

Boy you are all really selling me on the BC!!! To be honest I went through this struggle when I originally booked the Poly. I am sure our trip would be wonderful at either resort, but I would like to save some $$ (we have budgeted for it, but still with no discounts it would be crazy to pay face value!:scared1:)

I also think the points about it being the best pool for July is true! I was there in Feb and we were able to swim but the waterslide was closed. So thanks for letting me know that I would need to go with my kids and I didn't even realize that there was a current in part of the pool...the kids will love that (and the fact that they can build sandcastles next to a pool!).

I guess I will be double checking with my husband tonight and then try to change over the reservation this weekend. If by some miracle a code comes out we can always crunch numbers and go back to the Poly, but I think that the BC will be the better choice in the summer months!

Thanks for the great help and advice!!!! :worship:

What room level are you staying at Poly and how many days? There really isn't that big of a $$ difference between Poly garden and BC standard. Just curious where the $1000 difference is. Did you try for a AAA discount?

What room level are you staying at Poly and how many days? There really isn't that big of a $$ difference between Poly garden and BC standard. Just curious where the $1000 difference is. Did you try for a AAA discount?

I have 10 days booked garden view Poly w/hoppers. I priced the BC w/a standard view and hoppers and it is actually $ 700 difference (originally I forgot to add hoppers so it was closer to $1000).

I do have AAA but booked through Disney. I could always call them and see what they can offer too. I may call Disney and see if I have a pin code attached to my name (which folks on Disboards say they sometimes tell you) however, I don't think there are any for July. I know in the AAA book, July isn't usually as heavily discounted either but it may be worth a try! Thanks for the tip!

I have 10 days booked garden view Poly w/hoppers. I priced the BC w/a standard view and hoppers and it is actually $ 700 difference (originally I forgot to add hoppers so it was closer to $1000).

I do have AAA but booked through Disney. I could always call them and see what they can offer too. I may call Disney and see if I have a pin code attached to my name (which folks on Disboards say they sometimes tell you) however, I don't think there are any for July. I know in the AAA book, July isn't usually as heavily discounted either but it may be worth a try! Thanks for the tip!

You don't have to call AAA. Just call CRO and ask if there is a AAA disc available for your current ressies. Like all disc at WDW, there are only so many per resort/room category. Worth a try.

I would probably change to the BC so that you get the cheaper room. If a discount does come out for summer that includes those July dates, you can always try to get the Poly room back, as you had originally planned.

To me, the best of both worlds!

You don't have to call AAA. Just call CRO and ask if there is a AAA disc available for your current ressies. Like all disc at WDW, there are only so many per resort/room category. Worth a try.

I am sorry but I don't know waht CRO is???Could you tell me????THanks:confused3

I am sorry but I don't know waht CRO is???Could you tell me????THanks:confused3

CRO stands for Central Reservations Office. And my two cents, stay at the Beach Club. While the monorail is convenient, I'm sure your kids lwill love the boat rides to DHS and even EPCOT if you didn't feel like walking!

CRO stands for Central Reservations Office. And my two cents, stay at the Beach Club. While the monorail is convenient, I'm sure your kids lwill love the boat rides to DHS and even EPCOT if you didn't feel like walking!

Thank you!
I think I am going to try switching today:thumbsup2. I am worried that my kids will never want to leave the pool and go to the parks :rotfl2:!! I am getting really excited about returning to the BC now! We weren't happy about going in the summer but that pool will make up for it!

We stayed at BC in August. We love the pool. But -- and this is a big one -- bus service to MK was awful. We must have waited 1/2 hour for the bus. When it came, the bus was extremely crowded -- not just with BC and other hotel guests, but with people who had gone to a character breakfast at BC and were then simply taking the bus over to MK. A doofus father of one of the groups from the character breakfast stood at the back of the bus and insisted on revving all the kids in the back of the bus (not just his) up with nonsense about "Where are we going?", "What are we going to do at MK?", "What are we going to ride first?", etc., etc., ad nauseum. By now, the kids are shouting at him and one another. This of course goes on for the entire 25 minute ride. The cacophony was unbearable, even with ear plugs.

The trip is so long because there are also stops at YC, BW, Swan/Dolphin as well.

We will stay at BC again, but the bus ride was so horrendous we will drive to MK next time.

If your focus is MK (and it likely is with little ones), I'd do everything possible to stay at a monorail resort, even if I switch to CR or GF. While the BC pool is better, I don't think it makes that much difference for little ones and the monorail is a huge plus.

We stayed at BC in August. We love the pool. But -- and this is a big one -- bus service to MK was awful. We must have waited 1/2 hour for the bus. When it came, the bus was extremely crowded -- not just with BC and other hotel guests, but with people who had gone to a character breakfast at BC and were then simply taking the bus over to MK. A doofus father of one of the groups from the character breakfast stood at the back of the bus and insisted on revving all the kids in the back of the bus (not just his) up with nonsense about "Where are we going?", "What are we going to do at MK?", "What are we going to ride first?", etc., etc., ad nauseum. By now, the kids are shouting at him and one another. This of course goes on for the entire 25 minute ride. The cacophony was unbearable, even with ear plugs.

The trip is so long because there are also stops at YC, BW, Swan/Dolphin as well.

We will stay at BC again, but the bus ride was so horrendous we will drive to MK next time.

If your focus is MK (and it likely is with little ones), I'd do everything possible to stay at a monorail resort, even if I switch to CR or GF. While the BC pool is better, I don't think it makes that much difference for little ones and the monorail is a huge plus.

This poster said it all.... that monorail will be a lifesaver with young kids...and the busses are iffy at best.... since your kids are younger, they'll probably enjoy MK the best, and you are right there. Save the BC for when they are a little older...

Personally, I would pay $1,000 MORE to stay at the BC over the Poly.

I know there are lots and lots of Poly lovers on the boards here but I just don't get it.

I would choose the BC over any other WDW resort. The convenience of a short walk to Epcot, the dining options at the BC, YC, BW and Epcot, all within walking distance, the boat transportation to DHS. Storm Along Bay, the decor and beauty of the resort. I mean for me it's a no brainer.

J

Just wanted to say our experience with the busses to the MK the last two July vacations has not been bad at all.

In July, the only resort the BC bus shared with was YC. I know when we were there at the end of August '98, there was sharing with BW & S/D as well so I am guessing it is a capacity issue with August not being as busy as July. Still not awful, although it was a longer ride, but we were only there for the long Labor Day weekend.

Also, it was not a 25 minute ride once we were on the bus ... more like 15-20 minutes and dropped off at the entrance versus the TTC if you drive. But I am sure if I was stuck with a family that got on my nerves, it would feel like a lifetime!

We did, however, drive to Hollywood Studios this last year. We enjoyed the boat ride and have even done the walk, but when you are trying to get there in the am and make it to rope drop to get on Toystory Mania, the less than 5 minute drive can't be beat.

We're planning to be back this July as well. Kids are looking forward to building sandcastles, going down the awesome slide (me too) and floating on their noodles in the lazy river. They do love the pool, but are always ready to hit the rides too.

Just wanted to say our experience with the busses to the MK the last two July vacations has not been bad at all.

In July, the only resort the BC bus shared with was YC. I know when we were there at the end of August '98, there was sharing with BW & S/D as well so I am guessing it is a capacity issue with August not being as busy as July. Still not awful, although it was a longer ride, but we were only there for the long Labor Day weekend.

Also, it was not a 25 minute ride once we were on the bus ... more like 15-20 minutes and dropped off at the entrance versus the TTC if you drive. But I am sure if I was stuck with a family that got on my nerves, it would feel like a lifetime!

We did, however, drive to Hollywood Studios this last year. We enjoyed the boat ride and have even done the walk, but when you are trying to get there in the am and make it to rope drop to get on Toystory Mania, the less than 5 minute drive can't be beat.

We're planning to be back this July as well. Kids are looking forward to building sandcastles, going down the awesome slide (me too) and floating on their noodles in the lazy river. They do love the pool, but are always ready to hit the rides too.

Thanks! I did it and switched! I usually don't worry about the buses. We don't rent a car and I figure I am not driving I am on vacation so....I will just sit back and enjoy the ride! I am sad about pushing off the Poly, but BC was wonderful on my only stay there. I will say that the price I got online was a bit cheaper than when I called, so I may call back and see if I can get the online price.

Thanks! I did it and switched! I usually don't worry about the buses. We don't rent a car and I figure I am not driving I am on vacation so....I will just sit back and enjoy the ride! I am sad about pushing off the Poly, but BC was wonderful on my only stay there. I will say that the price I got online was a bit cheaper than when I called, so I may call back and see if I can get the online price.

Did you ask about the availability of the AAA discount? It is usually only 10-15% off but it is still a discount.:goodvibes

Did you ask about the availability of the AAA discount? It is usually only 10-15% off but it is still a discount.:goodvibes

She told me the only way I could get it was to contact a AAA agent and have them take over my reservation....not sure if it is true. She also told me there was no pin attached to my name :sad2:

She told me the only way I could get it was to contact a AAA agent and have them take over my reservation....not sure if it is true. She also told me there was no pin attached to my name :sad2:

That is very weird....Maybe because you are booking a package??:confused3 maybe someone else knows and will pop in with an answer. I always book room-only and buy tickets thru undercovertourist and we do not do the dining plan. I *know* they can add AAA disc to a room only ressie IF one is available.

That is very weird....Maybe because you are booking a package??:confused3 maybe someone else knows and will pop in with an answer. I always book room-only and buy tickets thru undercovertourist and we do not do the dining plan. I *know* they can add AAA disc to a room only ressie IF one is available.

I did do the whole package and not just a room. Must be why. I should have gotten the tickets at AAA but then it is more running around so I just did the package. Maybe next time I will just do it individually...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter