So confused about Memory Maker now

ratlenhum

DIS Veteran
We have always used photo pass and photo pass plus. Last time we used photo pass plus was in December. We had the lanyard with the card, and the magic bands. Most places we went would scan both for us. We still ended up with three or four sets of missing pictures. Prepaid memory maker for Star Wars weekend in May. CM I spoke to on the phone gave me a confirmation number. I asked about using a card, and she said that I could use the card or link the memory maker to my bands with the confirmation number. She insisted that I could not use both. She is mailing me a card, and said do not enter the confirmation number into your MDE account unless you want to use the bands, and again stressed that I could not use both the card and the bands That sounds different than what I've been reading in the memory maker threads here on the DIS Has anyone actually used both bands and the card with memory maker?

I'm not sure but I called today after purchasing memory make because I had a question about the card, and the CM I spoke with said I should have both in case the bands have a problem. This would make me think you can use either.

Just got back. Had memory maker. I actually forgot card at home. Used band the whole time without problem, just downloaded over 200 photos! :cool1:

So, if you have Memory Maker and it is linked to bands, do you still have to stop after the rides (that have pictures) to have the pictures loaded to your band? I thought I read somewhere that the chip in the band will load the ride photos automatically as you go past. If that is the case, that will save us a ton of time!

I have a question also. Is the MM linked to all of the bands on the reservation? If we split up will my friend's band work when she and her daughter go and do other things? I have assumed so but would be very unhappy to find we missed some of our pictures.

We had to stop after the rides to add the pics to our band. It was easy peasy. We had the PP+ in 2012 and that was a pain in the butt to add ride pics. Seems like they streamlined the process on the CM side.

All bands linked to the person who has the MM in their MDE account can add pics, ride and regular. I'm not sure about dining because we didn't do any dining with pics other than CRT, which is already included.

So, if you have Memory Maker and it is linked to bands, do you still have to stop after the rides (that have pictures) to have the pictures loaded to your band? I thought I read somewhere that the chip in the band will load the ride photos automatically as you go past. If that is the case, that will save us a ton of time!

Yes. You need to stop after ride, give them your photo number and scan band. Takes about a minute.

I have a question also. Is the MM linked to all of the bands on the reservation? If we split up will my friend's band work when she and her daughter go and do other things? I have assumed so but would be very unhappy to find we missed some of our pictures.

MM only seemed to work from my band. When DH scanned his band the pic never showed up on my MM.

Most of the time, we used the MBs for MM. We loved it on rides because all you do is give the attendant the number on the screen, tap the mickey with your band and walk away!

We did have one picture where they gave us a card instead. All we did was put the number on the MM website when we got home and downloaded that picture too!

MM, for us, worked better than expected.

Silly question but is memory maker the new photo pass plus? They sound the same.. I'm a little confused..

We mostly used our bands, the only time we used a card was for Jedi Academy. The photographers gave all the parents a card, all we had to do was link the card to our account by entering the number on the back of the card and all the pictures they took uploaded to our account.

My wife and kids were able to scan their bands and have the photos show up in my MM account, never had a problem with photos not showing up. Their bands were all linked to my reservation.

So if u dont get mm in advance but take a lot of pics and have a magic band can I access them the same way I could access pp?

Yes. you can still purchase pictures and a cd after. You just get a discount if you purchase it before hand.

So if u dont get mm in advance but take a lot of pics and have a magic band can I access them the same way I could access pp?

We had to stop after the rides to add the pics to our band. It was easy peasy. We had the PP+ in 2012 and that was a pain in the butt to add ride pics. Seems like they streamlined the process on the CM side.

All bands linked to the person who has the MM in their MDE account can add pics, ride and regular. I'm not sure about dining because we didn't do any dining with pics other than CRT, which is already included.

For clarification...

My parents, my family, and my brother's family are all going to Disney. My parents are purchasing MM, and we had planned on it, as well. Our reservations are linked with my parents in MDE. Does that mean that we'll have access to her MM, or is it just the actual people on her account (ie my mom and dad)?

I have no problem paying the $150 if necessary, but if we have access to my parents,' there really isn't a point in us paying for it.

If someone is staying off-site and NOT getting the magic bands, we can still add the ride photos to the MM card? Is that correct?

Thanks so much!

For clarification...

My parents, my family, and my brother's family are all going to Disney. My parents are purchasing MM, and we had planned on it, as well. Our reservations are linked with my parents in MDE. Does that mean that we'll have access to her MM, or is it just the actual people on her account (ie my mom and dad)?

I have no problem paying the $150 if necessary, but if we have access to my parents,' there really isn't a point in us paying for it.

We are going in Sept with my inlaws and are only purchasing 1 memory maker. We are all linked to my MDE (I called and had tech support do it since I wanted to make absolute certain that all six of us were properly linked...the girl was awesome and gave me all types of tips during my call). Since I have a little OCD and have a desperate need to be in control, I am buying it and linking it to my MDE account. Everyone linked to me will be able to add photos but only the purchaser will have access to view it, download photos, etc.

HTH. Have a great trip!!

I never stop after rides for pictures, but have had them loaded onto the website for me. I don't buy any prepaid packages, so I never check. One day I get an email saying that my pictures are about to expire. I go out to check what they are talking about, and there is me and my son on Buzz Lightyear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter