• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

so can adult get a decent night sleep on a sleeper sofa?

disney world dreamer

DIS Veteran
i'm considering renting DVC points.
i only need a studio as it will only be 2 or 3 people staying.
i wish some studios had 2 queen beds instead of 1 queen and 1 sleeper sofa but it is what it is.
i have a very very old sleeper sofa and its quite comfortable but any that i've happened to sleep on in a hotel are not comfy and i can feel the bar in the middle of my back.
so how comfortable or uncomfortable are the sleeper sofas at DVC studios?
i'm specifically looking at animal kingdom villas and boardwalk villas if that makes a difference.

OKW studios have 2 queen beds. All the sleeper sofas are much better than the typical older sleeper sofa. My son has used the sofa at BW, and he found it exceptionally comfortable.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom at BWV. I slept fine on the pullout sofa! When staying at hotel, I always end up on the sofa anyways (thanks mom & dad!) and never have issues.

BWV studios are currently being renovated to also have a pull down down bunk (like the ones at VGF, Poly, and VWL) to accomodate a fifth person-so once that is done there will be an additional sleeping option there

Whenever I take my Sister's family I am always the one on the pull-out. The first visit with them was at AKV and I had to share my bed with my nephew....that wasn't the best night sleep but what can ya do. This last year we stayed at GFV and I got the pull-out and my nephew got the murphy bed which...was....AWESOME! I got a great night sleep (woulda been better if we weren't park openers and closers so I could have slept more :P )

I have slept many times on the pull outs at AKV and BWV. I have no idea what the difference is but BWV is much more comfortable than AKV.

Last year we stayed in a deluxe room at wl which has 2 queens in one room, and a pullout sofa in the main room. DH & I chose the pull out and put the kids together in the bedroom. We slept great for 12 nights!

We brought two of my girlfriends with us. They had a BWV studio. Their original plan was to swap out the bed and pull out every other night so no one had the pull out all the time. My friend said the pull out was very comfortable and didn't want to switch.

Any time we travel with my extended family my cousins and I take turns sleeping on the pull our couches. They aren't the most comfortable things, but I have found if you can put some pillows under the mattress at the head of the bed, it helps even the bed out :)

I thought the ones with real mattresses versus the foam pads were better. But DVC is going to the three section foam pad in just about all of them now.

Not sure what they have now, but 2 years ago we changed resorts due to a horrendous pull out in a one bedroom at BWV. Upgraded to a two bedroom at OKW. It was bad.

We have found the BWV couch/pull out beds are OK, the ones at BLT just barely OK, and the ones at AKV too hard. All are better than the pull out couches you find in most hotels that have one.

DS -34 years old/ 6 feet and his wife slept on the pullout sofa at a refurbished BWV one bedroom the past four nights and said it was the most comfortable sleeper sofa they have ever slept on. They stated it was more comfortable to sleep on than to sit on when in couch form. DS has been sleeping on DVC sleeper sofas since we became members in 1993.....he may be an expert!

It's so hard to tell someone whether or not a bed will be comfortable because different people like different things. My husband and I never agree on what's comfortable. Beds that make him feel good leave me in pain the next morning, and vice-versa. In sleep number bed terms, he's a 100 (and even that's not firm enough for him on some models), and I'm a 30.

That said, if the main thing you don't like is feeling the bar in the traditional-style sofa bed, it sounds like that's never an issue at DVC resorts.

I slept on the pull out in Kidani in 2012 and it was horrible (could feel the bar), my parents did next year at BWV and they were fine. The Fiance and I had a 1 bedroom at Vero this October and used the pull out to watch DVDs are night and fell asleep on there once or twice...no complaints. This was a different mattress than Kidani. I could have slept on it the whole vacation.

The old ones at BWV and BCV were not bad. The one at OKW was horrible and the one at BLT was not great, but not as bad as the one at OKW. OKW was like sleeping on an exercise mat.

I have the same concern about Vero. I understand that a renovation is going on there, so I would imagine that the sofa bed will be replaced as well. If anyone has stayed in a 1br and slept on a sofa bed in a newly renovated room, would be eager to know how it was.???:confused3 :goodvibesHopefully good if there is a renovation in progress.::yes::

I've slept on the Sleeper sofas, both the old style, and the newer ones. I like the newer ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter