Snuba on Western?

toot2

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done Snuba on the Western? Key West Snuba or anywhere else?

I was scuba certified years ago but it's been quite a while since my last dive. It sounds like you get 15-20 minutes of instruction and then into the water. My primary concern is safety.

Snuba looks like an opportunity to get a better view of the fish and coral but I'd like to hear from someone who's tried it. I was wondering if the air supply lines make it cumbersome to move around.

The Key West Snuba site had a minimum age requirement of 8 years old so I'm assuming it's not too difficult. It will be my DH, myself and my DS and DD who are in their teens.

Thanks!

At first I thought this was a typo and you mean scuba! Now I see that snuba is really an activity! Guess you really do learn something new everyday!

By the way, what exactly is snuba?!?! :D

I was checking out Key West websites and found Snuba of Key West. I think it was www.snubakeywest.com. That's how I heard about it. I'll bet there are some in Grand Caymen and Cozumel too.

I'm trying to get some feedback from someone who has actually tried it!
'
BUT it looks like a cross between scuba diving and snorkeling. Your air supply is through a tube connected to a float on the surface. I think you can get down to a depth of about 20 feet.

It's certainly not cheap but if you get to spend more time underwater and the group is very small it could be great time!

That's about all I know about it.

I did snuba in Hawaii and it was great. I am not certified and it is a great way to get close to coral and fish. you just have a respirator and a weight belt on. the O2 floats up on a raft. well thats how they did it. you are still with an instructor. I believe you only go down around 30 feet. It usually costs just as much as scuba but you don't need to be certified. It was great.
Try Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman. they might do it.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter