• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snowglobes ?

irongirlof12

<font color=blue><marquee>Am I the only one who lo
I am planning on buying a few snowglobes. so far so good! ( xmas not far away :eek: )

I was going to bring them back as handluggage as I don't want then smashed up in my hold luggage...then I thought what about the liquid content in them agrh...???what with all of the restrictions and all ...

Do you think they will tell me to put them in hold/luggage or would they be ok as hand luggage, after all you can't get to the liquid?

If you have brought Snowglobes back recently what have you done?

Thanks

The best person to ask is Saratogagirl - she had got loads:rotfl2:

I personally would bring them back in your handluggage. I had a large Disney bag with crockery this time and the air hostesses put it in the back for us:thumbsup2

There are notices by all the snowglobes at WDW stating that they are NOT allowed in hand luggage.

They come very well packaged so I dont think you should have a problem :goodvibes . We just kept ours to the middle of the case and wrapped it in towels etc.

I've bought them back wrapped in towels. They come boxed with bubble wrap so are quite robust really.

The best person to ask is Saratogagirl - she had got loads:rotfl2:

I personally would bring them back in your handluggage. I had a large Disney bag with crockery this time and the air hostesses put it in the back for us:thumbsup2

:lmao: expert !! I have got loads , I'll give you that ....

Up until last year I always brought them back as hand luggage, the largest one being about a foot in height, the air hostesses were fab and would put them safely for me, or for the smaller ones I was always lucky enough to be able to put them under our feet.

Last year when the liquid restrictions came in it was a definite no, no... it was either in the case or not at all. They are well packaged and I wrapped mine in towels in the case and it got home in one piece, I don't know how strict they will be this year, but last year they were very strict that they had to go in the case.

happy shopping, would love to see piccies of what you get

Thanks folks, in the cases they'll go then!

Might take some extra bubble wrap with me... for some reason I seem to have a lot of that :confused3

They are still really strict, they took my deodrant off me last month. :guilty:

Yes as others have said, there are signs at Disney next to the snowglobes. While we were in the security queue at the airport a family ahead of us had a snowglobe and they were told in no uncertain terms that they either went back to check-in and checked the snowglobe in or they left it behind!

Forwarned is forarmed as they say, last year we didnt think about snow globes and my DD had been given a rare Cast Members one from a friend of ours over there and she broke her heart having to throw it in the big bin with all the bottles of water and other liquids. It was too late to put it into the case, I cant believe I didnt think about it having liquid in.:sad2:

Ohh Im glad I read this post now.
I want to buy some also when we go next year.
In 2004 we brought ours back in handluggage also with our big mickey and minnie :rotfl: the staff was very helpful though,but I would never of thought of the liquid so I am glad I know beforehand.Wouldnt want DP having a hissy fit :lmao:

I always have Disney ship mine home when I buy it. They have you fill out the shipping form. You pay shipping instead of sales tax. They always come well packed and I have never had any problems. Plus if it gets broke during shipping disney will replace it.

hi
we must have just been lucky then as we bought 2 back in hand luggage??
they were well wrapped up in foam and bubble stuff and u couldnt see what they was they asked and i said ornaments ??? and they said ok>?
i didnt even think of the liquid thing.
that was in june

I always have Disney ship mine home when I buy it. They have you fill out the shipping form. You pay shipping instead of sales tax. They always come well packed and I have never had any problems. Plus if it gets broke during shipping disney will replace it.

I have asked about this before but the prices were prohibitive. In fact the price of shipping to the UK cost more than the snowglobe :scared1:

I have asked about this before but the prices were prohibitive. In fact the price of shipping to the UK cost more than the snowglobe :scared1:

You answered my question Karen, I was going to ask about the cost, sounds like too much !!!

You answered my question Karen, I was going to ask about the cost, sounds like too much !!!

Well, it depends on how much you like the snowglobe :teeth: ;)

I can't remember the exact snowglobe price and cost of shipping as it was a few years ago, but last summer we bought the monorail set & Contemporary Resort which came to about $100, and they wanted $110 to ship home.

hi
we must have just been lucky then as we bought 2 back in hand luggage??
they were well wrapped up in foam and bubble stuff and u couldnt see what they was they asked and i said ornaments ??? and they said ok>?
i didnt even think of the liquid thing.
that was in june

Same here. My DD bought one for her friend on the last day and I had it in my hand luggage. It wasn't until we went through security at the airport that I realised. They called me to one side and said that I should have put it in a clear plasic bag. I apologised, they said OK and said to remember next time and let us keep it. This was in June also, I guess we were both lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter