~Snowbird Chat 2~

Oh my gosh...page 2 already?! I've had quite the busy weekend, so now I'm trying to catch up on everything. I feel like I get all caught up on the DIS and then after a few days, I fall behind again.

It was actually not too bad weather wise yesterday. It was in the upper 30's, so a lot of snow actually started melting. Today, we had rain. So gross when there is snow on the ground. It's supposed to drop way into the teens tonight, so all that lovely rain will freeze over. Great. I think the high for tomorrow is 18!

All of this talk of cold is making me cold! It was gross here today, cold and rainy. I decided to goto the Disney Store. Chase loves Mickey and tries to steal Rylan's little stuffed Mickey. I had to get him a little one, too. He was so cute about it. He refused to let it go, even to pay.

Came back and baked some cookies. Peanut butter blossoms to start. I can't get enough time away from the baby to finish my sand tarts. He's asleep on my lap and every time I put him down, he freaks. Such is mommy's life :)

:laughing:I hope your DH enjoys the game! Someone should benefit from this mess! I guess it's the people of Detroit! They offered MN ticket holders prime 50 yd line seats. But it would cost $$$$ just to get there!! DH is losing a couple hundred $ by not working the game. Who knows what they'll do for next week's game?
If you weren't on crutches (the snow must be a pain to you!) I'd say go. Probably one of Favre's last games. If he plays at all. I think with his ego, he'll try to start so he can keep his stupid record going. Like ANYONE will ever come close to 300 starts. Whatever.

Oh, gosh, the snow... the puddles when the snow melts. Urg. DH reallllly wants me to go, but I think I'll end up doing the "if you stop bothering me, I'll go with you to the Lions/Vikes game." (I begged him to find someone to go with, saying he could call it my birthday present, but he wouldn't) On the upside, I should be off crutches by that game!

I'll be curious to see what they do for next week, too. If they end up at U of MN stadium, I think the Vikings will probably suffer the worst, as they ARE a dome team!!

Looks like our snow is about done - last report I saw was about 5". Now the wind is kicking up and tomorrow morning's windchill is predicted to be about -10F. Ick. ICK.

Disney is NOT soon enough! And we're flying to South Dakota for Christmas. We really need relatives in warmer climates. ;)

OK - so who sent the snow our way ! :confused3

My dogs are loving it, me wiping them off after a run outside is not :headache:

C'mon girls!!! I got a spare bed!!! We could have a big 'ole slumber party!! It's 'only' 28 for tonight---pretty warm for y'all!! We will be in the 50's this week....Kipp put some water out on the porch in cups to see if they freeze over tonight...

I made it! :yay::yay:

No snow here, but it's a chilly 25.

Did someone say party at Shawna's house? party: And Red is bringing the kegs? :laughing::drinking1 OR...we could all join snykymom at WDW! :woohoo:

Honestly, I would love to sneak away...my MIL arrives in two days and my house is still a disaster area! :eek: For each thing I cross off my to-do list, I add two more. :headache: Guess I ought to quit DISing and get busy, huh?

Happy Monday, Snowbirds! :goodvibes
Snykymom, have a GREAT trip!! pixiedust:

C'mon girls!!! I got a spare bed!!! We could have a big 'ole slumber party!! It's 'only' 28 for tonight---pretty warm for y'all!! We will be in the 50's this week....Kipp put some water out on the porch in cups to see if they freeze over tonight...

That is balmy! Today's high, here in Ann Arbor, with wind chill is predicted to be -10!

Sheree, don't forget me on your way through! If you time it right, maybe you can see the game tonight with my husband! ;)

Did I hear field trip???? Count me in!

Current conditions 14 degrees...feels like 1. At least that's still positive :rotfl:.

Off to the eye doctor. I hate the dr. Any dr actually, it doesn't matter, I just hate it.

Hello Snowbirds :wave:

Glad everyone is finding their way to the new thread!

Well we are getting the tail end of that nasty blizzard everyone else got. But, our school rarely cancels and we went today. And guess who had to substitute? :faint: That was a rough drive at 7:30 this morning. We are supposed to get lots more before tomorrow morning, so if we're lucky we might get a 2 hour delay! :laughing:

So I'm definitely up for a party at Shawna's!! :beach::cool1:

Okay, the roads are getting cleared, so I should be able to leave to pick you all up soon!! I'll just swing off at the rest stops off the interstates. Be waiting for me!!

Yay!:yay: Hurry!! Hurry!! I am washing the sheets and plannin to bake cookies!!:lmao: you know...we should do this someday....somewhere in the middle--wouldn't that be crazy fun?!!?? I love that idea! And you know...HIGHWAY 69 starts down here in Texas, in Port Arthur...and goes straight up to you Sheree!!! We wouldn't even have to make any turns!:drive: How many of us could fit in one car!!:crowded:
Ok...well, I think we are going to try to make it to Narnia tonight!! Saylor went with the youth Group to Houston Sat to see it on the IMAX...I cannot wait!!!

Yay!:yay: Hurry!! Hurry!! I am washing the sheets and plannin to bake cookies!!:lmao: you know...we should do this someday....somewhere in the middle--wouldn't that be crazy fun?!!?? I love that idea! And you know...HIGHWAY 69 starts down here in Texas, in Port Arthur...and goes straight up to you Sheree!!! We wouldn't even have to make any turns!:drive: How many of us could fit in one car!!:crowded:
Ok...well, I think we are going to try to make it to Narnia tonight!! Saylor went with the youth Group to Houston Sat to see it on the IMAX...I cannot wait!!!

Oh my goodness...we totally need to have some sort of Snowbird retreat one of these days! Wouldn't that just be the best?! Count me in!

You are never going to believe what we have to do. We are changing our Disney dates AGAIN. The only positive about this change is that it will get me to WDW sooner. Rylan, our 6 year old, misses a lot of school due to illness. He is the SICKEST kid I've ever known. We had a meeting with his teacher this afternoon. Afterward, we decided that pulling him out for a Disney trip isn't the best idea. He may be healthier next year but we don't want to risk it. He is in a looping class and will have the same teacher next year.

So . . . looks like we, and 25,209,103,493 of our closest friends, will be at Disney June 12-18. Two of the days are predicted to have crowd levels of 9. I hate being among that many people but we'll have to plan accordingly. We'll avoid the parks UG says to avoid and hit early EMH. Mid-day breaks at the pool . . .

I get to make our ADRs tomorrow! Whoot! They better bet that I'll be up at 7 am to get the ressies I want.

NOW . . . anyone have June experience? Any good codes or free dining in the past? It's been nearly 5 years since we've been down in June.

Good grief I've missed so much!!!

Hope I'm not late for the field trip to Shawna's! :laughing: I can just imagine us all staying up late and chatting watching Disney movies in our PJ's. It's been a while since I've had a sleepover. Can we paint our mails too? I've only painted my nails a handful of times since I've had kids. It's sad really. I'm getting Em some nail polish for her stocking just as an excuse to be girly with her and paint our nails together.

Hope everyone is staying warm! It's bitter cold here but not much snow. We had a light dusting overnight but it melted by lunch. Andrew has been home from school the past 2 days with croup. He slept pretty well last night but I wanted to give him one more day to rest. He's not arguing. I've been sanitizing like a crazy lady.

I'm so far behind with Christmas stuff. I finally just got my Christmas cards from Shutterfly and am hoping ot get them mailed tomorrow. Friday is my annual Christmas party for my daycare families. Saturday Jason and I are going to finish shopping for the kids. Then there's the 10 other people in my family to shop for. Sunday my mom, sister and I are baking cookies together. My shopping and to do lists are overwhelming. :scared1:

No , you are not too late!! And yes, we can paint your nails!! ha!!! I always keep my toes painted..but the fingernails?...well, they get very neglected. Gracie and I actually went to get pedi's on Friday and I splurged and got a French Manicure! It's sooo pretty!! I hate the the tips are starting to get a litttle teeny bit of the 'oh-no!-we-are-not-looking-fresh' look today!!!! People keep asking me if I had nails done!! Nope...these are mine, just prettified!!!! You do have lots to do!! Just try to not get too frazzled! Tis the season..right?!!!

Good grief I've missed so much!!!

Hope I'm not late for the field trip to Shawna's! :laughing: I can just imagine us all staying up late and chatting watching Disney movies in our PJ's. It's been a while since I've had a sleepover. Can we paint our mails too? I've only painted my nails a handful of times since I've had kids. It's sad really. I'm getting Em some nail polish for her stocking just as an excuse to be girly with her and paint our nails together.

Hope everyone is staying warm! It's bitter cold here but not much snow. We had a light dusting overnight but it melted by lunch. Andrew has been home from school the past 2 days with croup. He slept pretty well last night but I wanted to give him one more day to rest. He's not arguing. I've been sanitizing like a crazy lady.

I'm so far behind with Christmas stuff. I finally just got my Christmas cards from Shutterfly and am hoping ot get them mailed tomorrow. Friday is my annual Christmas party for my daycare families. Saturday Jason and I are going to finish shopping for the kids. Then there's the 10 other people in my family to shop for. Sunday my mom, sister and I are baking cookies together. My shopping and to do lists are overwhelming. :scared1:
Never too late for the party!! Yeah, I need someone to do my nails for me. I still paint them like a 4 yr old! I always splurge pre-vacation for a mani-pedi. Love that feeling. And once they start chipping-LOOK OUT! I start scraping! I'll have that white-trash look in a matter of minutes!

I understand about the overwhelmed feeling. And I'm guessing with your daycare, you can't easily take a "sick" day to shop and get stuff done. :sad2: I took the day Saturday and shopped all day, all by myself. Got most everything done, now I just have to find a time to wrap, make cookies, food for parties, etc. Thinking a sick day may be in order...:sick:

Goodness, I could use a mani/pedi STAT. My feet are looking pretty rough. I'll splurge one of these days. I need a haircut, too.

Was able to officially get our reservations changed and made our ADRs. Got everything I wanted :) Ry was very excited that we are headed back to Chef Mickey. We've also decided to drive down. Maybe DH will change his mind closer to the time. Harrisburg, PA to Orlando, FL is a LOoOong drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter