Snow White's Scary Adventures

spacemountain said:
I would guess that Disney already has plans for what to put there, because otherwise why close it, and especially so long before the Mine Train opens?

I will really miss Snow White, though! It was really well done immersing you in the story, and it never had a bad wait. We'd like to guess while we were waiting in line which dwarf vehicle we'd get :goodvibes

Yes, Princess Fairytale Hall.

We were there the week before it closed, and rode it over & over. Snow White has always been my favorite princess, and I loved this ride. I honestly had tears in my eyes the last time I rode it. Silly, I know. But I miss it!!

Not me. Bull doze it! That ride caused a whole lot of childhood trauma that continues on well into my adulthood. I only hope there is no appearance by the witch in the new mine train ride otherwise my witch-related anxiety will continue on.

I will also miss it. I love the character "dark rides". Now that it's gone I'd love to see a new dark ride take it's spot, preferably based on a classic Disney movie. Pinocchio or Alice in Wonderland ports from DL would also be great.

I guess it is like Snow White got upgraded to the little mermaid ride.

I thought it was supposed to be a thrill ride, not family-friendly.

Based on the video it looks like a combination of barnstormer and a dark ride. Cool concept and I bet the theming is great. But there is no way this one is a thrill ride. I would think this will be a very popular ride.

I guess it is like Snow White got upgraded to the little mermaid ride.

We preferred Snow White to the Little Mermaid. The best thing about the Journey of the Little Mermaid is the facade and the queuing area! What a let down the ride was!
Snow White was one of my DH's favourites, he loved the way that witch just kept on popping up and I loved the cottage scene. We missed it on our last visit. Wouldn't mind so much if it was being replaced by something decent but we have no interest in a princess M&G, there's enough princesses in the MK already! Can you tell we have no daughters?!

We'd like to guess while we were waiting in line which dwarf vehicle we'd get

We used to do this too! Always tried to get Grumpy to suit our personalities!

I'm going to miss it because it was a tame ride we could ride together as a family. I'm sure I'll like the mine train coaster but it's another ride that we are going to have to split up.

Pumpkingirl7 said:
I dont understand why the couldnt just keep the ride-- I mean COP is still in tomorrow land ... why couldnt they have 2 snow white rides

It is my understanding that the animatronic dwarfs from the Snow White ride are being moved to the mine train attraction.
I'm hoping that the coaster aspect of this is on the tame kiddie coaster side. I could envision the indoor part of the ride being similar to recent and earlier versions of the dark ride attraction ( I remember an old diamond mine scene from the 70's at DL where Dopey had diamonds in his eyes), without all of the frightening moments with the witch/ queen! I personally can handle thrill rides, but I think it is important to make this ride kid friendly so that the classic story of Snow White can maintain a fan base with future generations.

It's not a "thrill ride" it will be kinda like Barnstormer and Thunder Mountain. The only thrill is that the mine cars rock back and forth while you're riding. There's a mock up video of the ride somewhere around here.

I worked at that attraction on my internship so I have a soft spot in my heart for it. I used to do walk- throughs at end of night in it. I even took pictures in some of the scenes. I will cherish those pictures now :)

We absolutely love this ride! We are very disappointed that they have closed this one down. We are even more disappointed to know that they closed it down to turn it into a Princess Meet and Greet! Surely they could have had this and the Princess Meet and Greet and the Dwarf Coaster.

Remember - Snow White was not originally supposed to close with the creation of the new Fantasyland...

The princess meet and greet was bulldozed when Toon Town went away... so they planned to create unique locations for Belle/Ariel/Cindy/Aurora in the new area. When the Aurora/Cindy locations were bumped out for the Mine Train... they had to find somewhere new to put them.

Can you imagine the Magic Kingdom without a Cinderella Meet and Greet?

The temporary location on Main Street is very lackluster when you consider the newer and better themed M&Gs being built now. It has never made sense to meet princesses on turn of the century Main Street (they also didn't make sense in Toon Town) - they deserve to be in Fantasyland. Unfortunately, there is very limited space to put them.

It's always hard to see an old classic removed - but I can understand why it happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter