• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snow White Does the Creep on the Trip that Almost Wasn't A Dec 11/Jan 12 TR 7/24 NEW

Isn't Marlee Matlin from Switched at Birth on ABC Family? So cool that you got to see her! :) I love the chocolate covered caramel with sea salt! Caramel and salt go so well together...gosh I want one right now! Excited to see where your TR goes next!

I love how you just kept right on eating! Haha, it's only right. How often do you get all these fun Disney treats?!?

I understand being so stuffed after all that delicious-ness! And how it's hard to resist Disney snacks! :confused3 The Candlelight Processional looks so neat -- though from what I've read it does take up a big chunk of time. Definitely on the "to do someday" list though.

LOL! I totally used to read the Bunnicula books! I got a flashback when I was reading your post. :goodvibes

That's awesome about the movie back at your resort! That sounds like a great end to a wonderful day. Sorry that your room still wasn't up to par. :headache: I'm looking forward to seeing where you guys end up though!

I know what you mean about having to dedicate most of your evening to the Candlelight Processional... which I believe is true if you want seats. BUT, on my first December trip, we strolled up to the American Adventure, stood in the back, and still were able to hear everything perfectly. If you don't mind standing and having a not-so-perfect-but-still-good view, I'd recommend doing that! AND THE NARRATOR WAS JODI BENSON AKA ARIEL AHHHHHHH. I died. Anyways!

The Epcot tree is so beautiful. I think I say that about every tree though. But I just love the angel on top. :littleangel:

I wish I remembered/knew about those books! They sound awesome. I'm not a vampire fan but this is a BUNNY. The books just sound funny and clever. :)

OH NO. We have to wait MORE to see where you switched to! Hahah the suspense is killing me.

I love that tree at the American Adventure, I remember the first year I saw it, I didn't like it, I thought it was too boring for America, but now I love it, it's one of my favorite Disney Christmas trees! :lovestruc

Haha, I can just keep eating and eating in Disney too, everything is so good, how can you stop? OMG I LOVE caramel with salt, I'll have to try that...in 2 DAYS!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Awww, Bunnicula, I read one of those books, they are adorable! :rotfl:

Watching the Lion King at the end of the night by the pool sounds like an amazing way to end the day! I might have to try that at the Beach Club, hopefully they will be showing some good movies! :thumbsup2

I just love reading your TR updates! I'm actually catching up on what I missed from this one...and I'm reading it here in my room at Kidani! I actually had a milk chocolate caramel with sea salt from Germany tonight at Epcot...immediately after stuffing my face at Teppan Edo. :thumbsup2 How can you walk out of a yummy dinner in the World Showcase and NOT enjoy the yummy treats from the other countries?! It was awesome!!

OMG, you are killing me with all of the references, Rocco's Modern Life, Bunnicula. It's like I'm young all over again! :rotfl:

I just got finished reading your last TR and subbed to this one! You are so great at writing these. It definitely gives me my Disney fix for my in between vacation times. :goodvibes

I'm so excited to read about your upcoming trip too! :thumbsup2

YUM. That caramel corn looks devine!

And a group of my students just finished reading "Howliday Inn" though Bunnicula isn't really in that story!

Just finished reading all of your TRs, they are such a hoot to read! I think we might be 7th cousins, 3 times removed, I have that same kind of goofy personality and I know it takes a special breed to understand.:laughing:.

I confess, I still love watching Full House especially when they "Meet the Mouse", in fact, I bought that season on dvd just for those episodes. Also a big True Blood fan here, can't wait to see if Russel's back and how that fellowship guy turned into a vampire.

By the way, Jasmine is my favorite princess to, in fact, I have her and Aladdin tattooed on my back.

Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Joni! I'm all caught up finally! First of all, how exciting that you're getting to add extra days to your upcoming trip! Your mom/daughter adventure sounds like so much fun. I think she made an excellent resort choice, too! POFQ is so beautiful! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you and John enjoyed your meal at Le Cellier! Everything looked delicious. One thing that I really love about eating at the WS restaurants is that you can get up and take a nice walk until you're ready for more food! :rotfl: Isn't the caramel corn from Germany amazing? I bought a small bag on our last trip and I wish I had gotten a bigger one! I have been craving it ever since!

Hey Joni, I'm all caught up on BOTH your TRs now. Yay! So here is another insanely long comment. Again, don't feel obligated to reply to all of it...I'm quite a rambler. :laughing:

I know what you mean about never rushing down Main Street. It's just all too beautiful to not take in, even if it's your 928th time there. It never gets less amazing!!

in John’s words, “the cheese had slid off my cracker.” LOL! I need to add that saying to my repertoire.

Oh my god that POTC shirt is so hilarious and so... weird! Like I would never expect Disney to do something like that. But I love that they did!

"Look at us, rollin’ in the FPs. That’s right. Thug life." :rotfl:

Aww! I love that guy who offered you his family's table at Casey's. So sweet. Also good for you for not freaking out on the lady who took your table.

Ok I laughed really hard at the "so excited that he threw up in his hand!" pic. You are really cracking me up today!

LOL omg your fight photobomb. You are too much. :laughing:

SO exciting that you get to see WDW with your mom and stay those extra days!! You're gonna have a BLAST! And aww, your mom is so cute! You two really look alike.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS @ getting into Le Cellier!!!! That's some serious pixie dust right there. I can't even believe it. SO awesome.

CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite thing in all the universe. Sigh. It's just so beautiful... :faint:

I love John's Dexter shirt! That's one of my favorite shows.

Totally not surprised it was your best Disney meal ever. Le Cellier is one of those things that totally lives up to the endless hype!

LMAO I love Rocko's Modern Life!!! I loved it as a child but watching it in recent years has made me realize how truly CRAZY it is. Such a great show.

That sounds like such a great moment of watching the Lion King under the stars! Perfection! :cloud9:

I have to agree with you about Le Cellier. My favorite meal in all of Disney was there. Now I really could just have pretzel bread and cheddar cheese soup and be one happy camper.

Karamell Kuche looks like my kind of place. Even when we are so full we think we will pop there is always just a little room left over for dessert.

Le Cellier is SO good! I can't wait to eat it again in 63 days!!

Haha that's how we are too! I love going in there and looking at all of the delicious choices...and trying a few! :goodvibes

LOL....Yes!!! I remember those books from childhood. But I truly believe that bunnies have an evil streak. I was viciously attacked by one as I was trying to save it from a crazy siberian husky. I will never be the same.

Loved the update. I always eat waaaaaaaay to much when I'm at Epcot.

Yay! Someone who remembers them! OMG that's terrifying! My parents used to breed rabbits and I remember them attacking my dad every now and again...bunnies are meaner than they look! :scared:

I eat way too much wherever I am in Disney, but especially at Epcot!

Isn't Marlee Matlin from Switched at Birth on ABC Family? So cool that you got to see her! :) I love the chocolate covered caramel with sea salt! Caramel and salt go so well together...gosh I want one right now! Excited to see where your TR goes next!

I'm not sure, I haven't seen that show! It was really cool seeing her, though! :) YES, that caramel is so good!

I love how you just kept right on eating! Haha, it's only right. How often do you get all these fun Disney treats?!?

I just couldn't stop! Seriously though, Disney food is a rare opportunity...I have to capitalize on it! ;)

I understand being so stuffed after all that delicious-ness! And how it's hard to resist Disney snacks! :confused3 The Candlelight Processional looks so neat -- though from what I've read it does take up a big chunk of time. Definitely on the "to do someday" list though.

LOL! I totally used to read the Bunnicula books! I got a flashback when I was reading your post. :goodvibes

That's awesome about the movie back at your resort! That sounds like a great end to a wonderful day. Sorry that your room still wasn't up to par. :headache: I'm looking forward to seeing where you guys end up though!

The food in the WS is just SO good...I can't stop eating! The CP really was pretty, even though we only watched about five minutes of it!

Haha yay! I'm glad you remember them! I loved those books!

It really was neat watching the Lion King under the stars! I love watching Disney movies while I'm actually in Disney! :)

I know what you mean about having to dedicate most of your evening to the Candlelight Processional... which I believe is true if you want seats. BUT, on my first December trip, we strolled up to the American Adventure, stood in the back, and still were able to hear everything perfectly. If you don't mind standing and having a not-so-perfect-but-still-good view, I'd recommend doing that! AND THE NARRATOR WAS JODI BENSON AKA ARIEL AHHHHHHH. I died. Anyways!

The Epcot tree is so beautiful. I think I say that about every tree though. But I just love the angel on top. :littleangel:

I wish I remembered/knew about those books! They sound awesome. I'm not a vampire fan but this is a BUNNY. The books just sound funny and clever. :)

OH NO. We have to wait MORE to see where you switched to! Hahah the suspense is killing me.

Yeah I think you're right, walking up is the best choice. That's what we did, even though it was only for a few minutes. It was still pretty cool! AHHH ARIEL! That would be amazing!

That tree really is gorgeous...Disney has the best Christmas trees ever!

They were SO good! Seriously, buy them for your children someday. I loved them!

Haha I just wrote my next update and I still haven't told you! I'm so mean. ;)

I love that tree at the American Adventure, I remember the first year I saw it, I didn't like it, I thought it was too boring for America, but now I love it, it's one of my favorite Disney Christmas trees! :lovestruc

Haha, I can just keep eating and eating in Disney too, everything is so good, how can you stop? OMG I LOVE caramel with salt, I'll have to try that...in 2 DAYS!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Awww, Bunnicula, I read one of those books, they are adorable! :rotfl:

Watching the Lion King at the end of the night by the pool sounds like an amazing way to end the day! I might have to try that at the Beach Club, hopefully they will be showing some good movies! :thumbsup2

I like that tree because it has so much red on it! It's gorgeous!

Umm, can we just talk about how you are in Disney RIGHT NOW? I am super jealous, especially since you texted me a picture of a red velvet cupcake earlier. I hope you're having a blast! :)

I love those books! I want to read them to my kids someday!

I hope you get to watch movies at the Beach Club. Since you're there. RIGHT NOW. AHHH I can't get over it!

I just love reading your TR updates! I'm actually catching up on what I missed from this one...and I'm reading it here in my room at Kidani! I actually had a milk chocolate caramel with sea salt from Germany tonight at Epcot...immediately after stuffing my face at Teppan Edo. :thumbsup2 How can you walk out of a yummy dinner in the World Showcase and NOT enjoy the yummy treats from the other countries?! It was awesome!!

Ahhh that is so cool that you are at Disney! Or, you were when you wrote that comment. I'm not sure if you're still there. Either way, it's so cool! :goodvibes

Seriously, WS has the best treats! I always have to get something, no matter how full I am!

Subscribing, have loved your report so far!

:welcome: Thanks for reading along! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

OMG, you are killing me with all of the references, Rocco's Modern Life, Bunnicula. It's like I'm young all over again! :rotfl:

Haha, I'm so glad I'm bringing back your childhood! Things were so awesome back then! :goodvibes

I just got finished reading your last TR and subbed to this one! You are so great at writing these. It definitely gives me my Disney fix for my in between vacation times. :goodvibes

I'm so excited to read about your upcoming trip too! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Thank you so much for reading along and for your kind words! I'm glad my TRs can help ease the pain between trips! ;)

YUM. That caramel corn looks devine!

And a group of my students just finished reading "Howliday Inn" though Bunnicula isn't really in that story!

It is SO good. I usually don't like caramel corn, but that stuff is always so fresh and delicious!

Haha I love Howliday Inn! Wasn't one of the animals named Chester, or am I crazy?

Just finished reading all of your TRs, they are such a hoot to read! I think we might be 7th cousins, 3 times removed, I have that same kind of goofy personality and I know it takes a special breed to understand.:laughing:.

I confess, I still love watching Full House especially when they "Meet the Mouse", in fact, I bought that season on dvd just for those episodes. Also a big True Blood fan here, can't wait to see if Russel's back and how that fellowship guy turned into a vampire.

By the way, Jasmine is my favorite princess to, in fact, I have her and Aladdin tattooed on my back.

Can't wait to hear more!

Hahaha that's so cool that we have similar personalities! I'm glad you are enjoying my TRs!

Oh girl, I watch Full House constantly! It's the best, and the Disney episode is my favorite! YAY True Blood! I love it. Yeah they left us hanging at the end of the last season! I'm wondering what will happen with Tara getting shot in the head!

AHHH so cool that you had an Aladdin and Jasmine tattoo! I'm jealous!

Oh the suspense! I can't wait to find out what you did!

Stay tuned! It's coming soon! ;)

Hi Joni! I'm all caught up finally! First of all, how exciting that you're getting to add extra days to your upcoming trip! Your mom/daughter adventure sounds like so much fun. I think she made an excellent resort choice, too! POFQ is so beautiful! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you and John enjoyed your meal at Le Cellier! Everything looked delicious. One thing that I really love about eating at the WS restaurants is that you can get up and take a nice walk until you're ready for more food! :rotfl: Isn't the caramel corn from Germany amazing? I bought a small bag on our last trip and I wish I had gotten a bigger one! I have been craving it ever since!

Hi! Yay I'm glad you're back! I missed your comments! :goodvibes Thank you, we are so excited about our upcoming trip! It's going to be awesome!

Le Cellier was perfect! I wish I could go there right now! Yeah, I love wandering around the WS and just eating along the way!

Hey Joni, I'm all caught up on BOTH your TRs now. Yay! So here is another insanely long comment. Again, don't feel obligated to reply to all of it...I'm quite a rambler. :laughing:

I know what you mean about never rushing down Main Street. It's just all too beautiful to not take in, even if it's your 928th time there. It never gets less amazing!!

in John’s words, “the cheese had slid off my cracker.” LOL! I need to add that saying to my repertoire.

Oh my god that POTC shirt is so hilarious and so... weird! Like I would never expect Disney to do something like that. But I love that they did!

"Look at us, rollin’ in the FPs. That’s right. Thug life." :rotfl:

Aww! I love that guy who offered you his family's table at Casey's. So sweet. Also good for you for not freaking out on the lady who took your table.

Ok I laughed really hard at the "so excited that he threw up in his hand!" pic. You are really cracking me up today!

LOL omg your fight photobomb. You are too much. :laughing:

SO exciting that you get to see WDW with your mom and stay those extra days!! You're gonna have a BLAST! And aww, your mom is so cute! You two really look alike.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS @ getting into Le Cellier!!!! That's some serious pixie dust right there. I can't even believe it. SO awesome.

CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite thing in all the universe. Sigh. It's just so beautiful... :faint:

I love John's Dexter shirt! That's one of my favorite shows.

Totally not surprised it was your best Disney meal ever. Le Cellier is one of those things that totally lives up to the endless hype!

LMAO I love Rocko's Modern Life!!! I loved it as a child but watching it in recent years has made me realize how truly CRAZY it is. Such a great show.

That sounds like such a great moment of watching the Lion King under the stars! Perfection! :cloud9:

YAY! I love your comments!

Haha I'm glad my updates made you laugh. I was pretty proud of the throwing up in his hand picture. That's totally what it looks like, right?!

Oooh yay another Dexter fan! What did you think of season 6? I'm ready to know what's going to happen with Dexter and Deb, but if they end up as some kind of weird brother-sister-couple thing I'm out.

You're right, Rocko's Modern Life is crazy! So is Ren and Stimpy. I never realized that as a child!

Hi everyone! :wave2: I hope y’all are having a wonderful weekend! I can’t believe it’s already May 6th! Time is flying. The school year is almost over, and I’m down to only 63 days until my trip! YAY! :cool1: That’s only nine weeks! It will be here before I know it, which is great because I’m ready to go RIGHT NOW!

Okay, on with the update!

December 30, 2011

When we woke up the next morning I realized two dismaying things: first, our second night in our room had been just as unpleasant as the first; second, my foot was still hurting REALLY bad. :( I’m still not sure what had happened to it, but I must have pulled a muscle in it pretty badly. It hurt a lot to walk on it, so John and I agreed that it was probably best for me to take it easy as much as possible. I was really upset by this because, well, I was in DISNEY. I didn’t want to take it easy, I mean please. :rolleyes: However, I knew that if I didn’t it might end up getting worse and messing things up even more.

I was feeling pretty depressed, and I told John that something had to happen to make things a little better. After a little bit of begging he agreed to walk over to the lobby and see if there was any way we could switch resorts. I sat around and watched Stacey while he was going, hoping against hope that maybe something could be done!

Unfortunately John came back with bad news: there was NO availability at any moderate resort. There was availability at deluxe resorts, but there’s no way we could have afforded the difference. John said the CM told him we could switch rooms since we weren’t happy with ours. That would have corrected the tub and thermostat problem, but to be honest with you I was just kind of over ASMo at this point. John asked me what I wanted to do, and I told him I would think it over. At this point I was feeling seriously bummed, and I couldn’t stand feeling that way at Disney, so I told John I had to get out and do SOMETHING. We agreed it wasn’t a good idea for me to go to a park, so we decided to go to Downtown Disney for a little while instead!

Luckily we found a pretty good parking spot, and I snapped picture of the adorable Dumbo as we walked.

DSCN0281.jpg

I was still trying to take it as easy as possible, so we thought it would be a good time for lunch! I was really craving some EoS, so I found a nice table in the sunshine and waited while John went inside to get our food!

Okay so let me just say, we were not at our best on this day. I was super whiny and pouty because of my foot and resort drama, and John was kind of in a bad mood. When he came back with our lunch I made a distinct effort to cheer both of us up, and the food helped just a little.

Step one to feeling more cheerful: caffeinated goodness, AKA Diet Coke.

DSCN0282.jpg

Step two: the most delicious sandwich on the EoS menu, the All American.

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

John wasn’t really in the mood to have his food photographed, but I remember he got the Cannonball, which is his favorite.

Resting my foot a little seemed to help, so after lunch I was ready to wander around some more. We decided to go to the Art of Disney store. We both love looking around in there so much, even though we hardly ever buy anything!

If you don’t remember me mentioning this in the past, I am a huge fan of Jim Shore’s figurines. I have so many of them, and I’ve actually met him twice! When we got inside I started drooling over all of his stuff, and then I saw THIS:

DSCN0286.jpg

AHHH isn’t it amazing?! I love his HM figurine with the hitchhiking ghosts, but I had never seen this one before! I loved it and couldn’t stop staring at it, so John finally suggested, “Why not just buy it?” Hmmm…that was tempting. I hadn’t gotten many souvenirs yet, and I was having a very bad Disney day. But it was pretty expensive…

So, did I get it? :scratchin

YES I DID. ::yes:: Yippeeee! It actually turned out to be pretty cheap, because I had a gift card I had gotten for Christmas and a rewards card from my Disney Visa. I was so excited to get it, and the CM told us it was one of the last ones in the store!

My purchase really cheered me up, and I finally felt like the day was starting to turn around. We decided to go look around one of my other favorite stops, the pin store!

I actually ended up not buying anything, but I was very impressed with the new décor they had!

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

So cute, and I love that they’re reppin’ Cogsworth. He doesn’t get enough attention, even though he is kind of a stick in the mud!

After we walked around in there for a little while I wanted to go in Tren-D. John is not a fan, so he ran my Jim Shore figurine out to the car while I went inside. I love this store so much and I always see a ton of stuff I want, but I never buy anything. This time I wanted this:

DSCN0289.jpg

Absolutely precious! I wanted to get it for my bed, but I couldn’t bring myself to spend $20 on a tiny little pillow, especially since I had just bought a new Jim Shore!

My foot was hurting pretty bad again, so we decided it was time to head back. Before we left DTD, however, we went in the World of Disney for a little while! John picked out a few souvenirs that he wanted to get for family, and I found this amazing shirt that I wanted SO badly:

DSCN0290.jpg

Unfortunately they didn’t have any my size. WAHHH. :sad: They had my size in other colors, but none in pink! I wanted that shirt so badly, so I asked a CM to check in the back if they had anymore. That was a big negatory. I feel like this happened to me a lot on this trip. I spent a lot of time trying to find a 40th anniversary hoodie that I wanted, and I couldn’t find that in my size either! *sigh* Disney problems.

I never did find that shirt in my size, by the way. I hope they’re still selling that style in July, because I WANT IT.

After our adventures in DTD we headed back to the resort. I still hadn’t decided what to do about the room situation, and the whole thing was making me very stressed out. When we got back John wanted to take a little nap, so while he did I decided that just for the heck of it I would go over and talk to a CM about switching. John told me it was pointless because he had just asked that morning, but I couldn’t resist!

When I got to the lobby the CM that helped me was SUPER nice. I can’t remember her name, but she was insanely helpful. I told her our situation, but I left out some of the details. I didn’t want to bash her resort by talking about how unhappy I was with it, so I basically told her that I wanted to make our trip a little more special by upgrading for our remaining four nights. She was totally cool about it, and didn’t seem offended at all, thank goodness. When she started looking for availability I was certain that she would tell me there was nothing, but lo and behold…there was availability at a moderate resort! :worship: YAY!! She called them up, told them our situation, and set it up right there for us to head over immediately! She told me the price difference, but I was more than happy to pay it. I had some Christmas money saved up, and to me it was totally worth it. She asked how long we needed before we could be out of our room, and I was like, “Um…TEN MINUTES.” Seriously, I was ready to GO!

The moral of this story, ladies? If you want something done right, do it yourself. HAHAHA. :lmao: For all my guy readers out there, I’m totally kidding. I guess I just got lucky, but it sure was nice walking back into our room with my smug face on and telling John to get ready, because we were leaving NOW.

So, here’s the million dollar question: which resort did we switch to? Well…

I guess you’ll have to wait for my next update to find out! MUAH HA HA! :upsidedow

Up Next: The resort reveal! Stay tuned!

Great food choices for your upcoming trip! I LOVE the Cape May Cafe! I stayed at the Beach Club in June and we ate there 3 times - The dinner is great! I hope your not disappointed by any of your new choices :thumbsup2

Ha I love it!

If you want a job doing properly then always do it yourself :rotfl2:

I cannot wait to hear where you ended up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter