Snow White Does the Creep on the Trip that Almost Wasn't A Dec 11/Jan 12 TR 7/24 NEW

Yay for a new TR! I haven't been keeping up to date with DIS because of wedding stuff and my frustrations at work, but I happened to scroll down the TR list yesterday and saw your DIS name, woohoo!

Haha, I love the explanation of your title. I have an 8th grade student who claims I am white because of the color of my skin. I was like, "I'm not white; I'm Chinese," but she said, "But you're so pale!" Haha, um, that doesn't change the fact that I'm Chinese, dear one. And please please PLEASE tell me you have a picture or video doing the creep in WDW, haha!!!

Although zooming in can be quite creepy too! Yay for a new camera! Howard bought a new one for me too recently because I've had his digi cam for about 2 years now, and he's had it for YEARS beforre that and it started making a weirder noise when it was turned on and off. It still works, and I carry it around in my bag, but we wanted to make sure we had a good one for our April 2012 trip (leaving this Saturday!) and for our May 2012 trip (Disneymoon, yay!).

I love that you are awkwardly nauseous before a big trip. Not that I want you to be nauseous, but it makes me not feel so weird! I feel the same thing, and I HATE it! Haha. I cough really hard and gag all morning as I do last minute packing and get ready to go. I can feel it in my stomach now in preparation for Saturday ... oy!

I hope that once you saw that sign, you were relaxed and the nausea dissipated!

Oh man, the "being home" and "having him home" thing on the pins almost made me CRY! Ahhh, so sweet!

Your lunch made me think about how different it'd be if we were guys who could just eat our entire meal pretty much every time. It's funny because when I stop eating because I'm stuffed, I think that others around me must be stuffed too so that they're gonna get sick. I forget that guys are guys! That cucumber salad looks yum though. Light and refreshing.

I am determined to have a cupcake from Starring Rolls this year! I'm not a fan of red velvet mainly because it's always paired with cream cheese frosting, which I can't have, so I'll go for the peanut butter one. Yum. Those things look so decadent!

Sci-Fi is one of the places that will always entice Howard and me because of VMK. But like you, I wouldn't want people staring at the back of my head! I would feel bad if I were talking to Howard or whispering in his ear thus blocking the view of the people behind! The hot dog on your burger looks good with those grill marks!

HAHA, that photobomb is so great! I think it's just perfect for you to have that kid in your Disney memories forever!

Oh BOO, what stinky breadsticks and marinara! Thank God you were able to cough it out! I do think it's funny that you called it "Rescue 911 choking" cuz I used to love that show! What's with the "irrationally angry" thing though? My dad does that ALL the time! ALL THE TIME. Even when I'm sick, he'll get angry at me. Um, I'm sorry? I really didn't plan on getting up every 15 minutes to throw up. I didn't ask the kids, "Hey, please come to school with your stomach virus and give it to me!"

WOOHOO for your double digit dance! I should be single digit dancing, but work, blech~ and 19ish hour car ride, blech. At least my guy is coming with my family again!

RACHEL! I'm so glad you're here! I've missed you! :hug:

Haha people are so blantantly rude about our skin tones. I just don't get it! Oh my gosh, I actually do not have a video of the creep in Disney! I MUST get one in July! I promise I will!

I can't believe you're a.) going to Disney on Saturday and b.) GETTING MARRIED NEXT MONTH. AHH! I'm so happy for you and Howard!! :hug:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a nervous stomach! I always feel so weird when I go on vacation because no one else in my family has that problem. The nausea definitely goes away as soon as I see that sign though! :goodvibes

Weren't those pins so sweet? :lovestruc That CM was really nice.

Seriously, I don't understand how boys can hold so much food. Although, I can eat a WHOLE lot when I really want to! :laughing:

I have never had the peanut butter cupcake from Starring Rolls, but if it's anything like the red velvet and Butterfinger cupcake then it will be DELICIOUS!

You guys should definitely try Sci Fi sometime! It's so good, and that burger was amazing!

HAHA I used to watch 'Rescue 911' all the time too! Remember that super intense intro it had? All those flashing red and blue lights, and the people crawling through the mud... Okay that's so funny that your dad does that too! I guess being scared or worried just makes them angry? I dunno, it makes no sense to me, but it sounds like it's a man thing! I guess it means they love us! ;)

I can't believe you're single digit dancing! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Must do for us is Chefs de France and Kona cafe for breakfast. We are trying Ohana for dinner on our sept. trip because we have heard so much about it.

Thank you for your suggestions! :goodvibes Yes, you have to try 'Ohana! It's the best!

I just love your TR's. They make me chuckle out loud! :rotfl: Excited to read more as they come!!!! I love how you ramble about random things...its exactly what I would do!!! :)

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I'm so glad you enjoy my TRs and they can make you laugh! Haha another rambler? I do that all the time! ;)

95 days, you guys! We’re getting there, slowly but surely! I’ve decided that my next PTR update will be on April 10, because it’s MY BIRTHDAY! To celebrate I will be posting our insanely long list of ADRs! I think I’m finally happy with our choices. Thank you all so much for your suggestions; they were really helpful!

Okay, onto the update! I would like to say that our first full day in Disney started off perfectly, but unfortunately that was not the case. I’m not going to be much of a Debbie Downer here, but I want to tell you what happened because it’s important later. The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I felt like I had slept with my head resting on a cinder block all night. I’m not kidding, those were the most uncomfortable pillows I have ever felt in my life. They were super small and rock hard. And I know I wasn’t just being dramatic, because John said the exact same thing when he woke up. He also went on to say that he hadn’t slept well all night because the blanket was so scratchy and he was really cold. Why was he cold? Because the thermostat was broken and he couldn’t adjust it! Okay, ASMo, I want to love you, but that’s like strike four. Then, to make things even worse, remember how I said in my previous post that my foot was hurting the night before? When I woke up that morning it was hurting like crazy. I can’t be sure, but I told John I was pretty confident that it was because I wasn’t able to take a bath the night before. It might sound silly, but taking baths after I’ve used my muscles a lot is crucial to me. In a nutshell, I have a condition called Chiari Malformation that means that a small piece of my brain is resting on my spinal cord. It’s not a really serious thing, but as a result of this I have some various medical issues, and one of them is really weak muscles. Hot water in the evening is like a sort of therapy for me that I don’t do very well without.

Alright, I’m sorry for that super long/whiny paragraph. I just wanted to give you all some more background information on why we ended up switching resorts. I started begging John to switch pretty much as soon as we got out of bed that morning, but he said we should think it over a little more. I really wanted to try to switch, but I didn’t want to waste any time because we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom!!

DSCN0161.jpg

I’ve never been more excited to enter a parking lot in my entire life!

What’s that you say? You’d like for me to zoom in on something? Oh, alright.

DSCN0162.jpg

Okay so this was our first experience with the new parking signs at MK. We were so excited when we saw the Hero/Villain theme, and even more excited when we parked here!

DSCN0163.jpg

What’s that I see coming? It’s a bird…it’s a plane…it’s A HIGHWAY IN THE SKY.

DSCN0164.jpg

So there was this other young couple around our age in the same compartment as us on the monorail. At first I thought I had discovered some kindred spirits so I started smiling at them and attempting to strike up a conversation. I love meeting other couples who vacation at Disney together, and I thought we might make some new monorail friends. Boy, was I WRONG. These people were in the zone and they were freaking intense! The husband/boyfriend was about five times my size, and when the doors to the monorail opened he seriously almost took me out getting off of that thing. Then he was dragging his wife/girlfriend behind him and doing that thing where they went single file down the side of the ramp squeezing past everyone. Walking with purpose doesn’t quite cover what these two were doing…they were on a mission!

John and I were not aware of the apparent free money they were giving away in the MK or whatever else was making that couple lose their minds, so we took our time so I could capture the moment!

DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

Even though there’s always a million things I want to do when I get in MK, I just can’t make myself hurry down Mainstreet USA. I feel like rushing by all that is some sort of crime. I have to take my time and let myself really soak in all the magic! John is not much for soaking it in, so he took off to get us some FPs for Space Mountain while I watched this adorable band play.

DSCN0167.jpg

I’m not sure what they’re called, but they were precious. Look at their overalls with the Mickeys on them! If I ever have a son that is pretty much the outfit I will dress him in every day of his life. Seriously, until he’s 18. He’s going to be the most popular kid in school.

DSCN0168.jpg

Hello gorgeous! Even on a cloudy morning it looks perfect!

I met up with John in Tomorrowland after he grabbed our FPs, and we started making our way through Fantasyland. Let’s stop and talk for a second about the complete and total meltdown I had when I saw the Fantasyland expansion construction. This is the only picture I managed to take because, in John’s words, “the cheese had slid off my cracker.”

DSCN0169.jpg

LOOK AT IT. Since we’re talking about my future children in this post, I’m already making plans for bringing my future daughter here and frolicking around the new Fantasyland with her someday. *Sigh*

So anyway, we were cutting through Fantasyland…any guesses where we were heading?

DSCN0171.jpg

The Haunted Mansion! We were already old chums with the new queue, so we decided to go the quick route, and within a few minutes we were chillin’ with our 999 best friends.

DSCN0172.jpg

I always stop and take a picture of the pet cemetery for some reason. ALWAYS. I’m a creeper.

Up next we had to go ride another favorite: Pirates of the Caribbean! I don’t know why, but I always miss these two rides more than any others. I’ll just be sitting around and I’m randomly like, “I MUST RIDE HAUNTED MANSION RIGHT NOW.” They’re not my absolute favorite rides, but they kind of define Disney for me. I just love them!

So anyway, when we got off PoTC I saw the funniest shirt EVER.

DSCN0177.jpg

Seriously, I could not stop laughing. I texted a picture of this shirt to everyone I know, and if I had been an active member of Twitter at the time I would have tweeted. That’s how much I loved it. I don’t know why, but it struck me.

We couldn’t really decide what we wanted to do next, so John started begging to please please please go to the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. If we have any fans out there please forgive me, but I think this is the most boring attraction at Disney. John, however, is in love with that movie and it was really important to him when he was young, so how could I say no? I don’t regret that decision. What I do regret, however, was letting him control the camera while we went through it.

Let’s call the next portion of this update photo journaling: John style.

DSCN0178.jpg

So far so good, right? Wait for it….wait for it….

DSCN0179.jpg

Ha ha! I foiled his attempt to take a way-too-close picture of my face. I thought I had won that battle, until I looked back at the pictures later and saw the picture he DID take.

DSCN0180.jpg

Nice. Really nice. Thanks honey. At least it was my butt and not someone else’s, I guess. ;)

Oh, and the only other picture he took the entire time? This one.

DSCN0184.jpg

After that he got too distracted to take any pictures. He started concocting this really detailed plan where he would sneak into the Magic Kingdom and live in one of those little tree house bedrooms. Bless him.

When we finally got out of that stinking tree house it was time to get some more FPs! Where did we go?

DSCN0186.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Look at us, rollin’ in the FPs. That’s right. Thug life.

It was time to head back over and use our FPs for Space Mountain. Of course I got distracted on the way!

DSCN0187.jpg

Who wouldn’t be distracted by THAT, I mean really?

MY TURN.

DSCN0188-1.jpg

I’m pretty proud of those castle pictures. I usually don’t get great pictures of the castle, so I was feeling good about those!

We had a wonderful ride on Space Mountain, as usual! We had one of those crazy screamers in our car with us. I love them! They make the ride so much funnier.

After we got off SM we realized that we hadn’t eaten breakfast, and our tummies were rumbling! If you’re following along on my June 2011 TR you will remember that we discovered Casey’s Corner in my last update. I was completely in love with this place, so that’s where we decided to go for lunch!

DSCN0190.jpg

Look at all that cheese sauce! We don’t mess around. When we first got our food we had nowhere to sit, so we were standing around waiting for a table for a while. We were standing by waiting for this one family who was leaving, and this rude lady came up and totally jacked our table. I was a little offended, but I was more concerned with my cheese sauce getting cold so I just waltzed outside and planted my happy butt on the sidewalk. About two minutes later, though, this really nice guy came outside and asked us if we wanted his family’s table. He said he saw what that lady did to us, so his wife was holding their table just for us! How sweet! We thanked him profusely and went inside to enjoy our food.

After our lunch we were feeling refreshed and it was almost time to use our BTMRR FPs! On our way back I did a little creeping on this handsome fellow…

DSCN0191.jpg

Not my best creep (a little blurry) but still fun.

YAY! BTMRR is so much fun! I never get tired of it! It really is the wildest ride in the wilderness.

DSCN0193.jpg

John hates it. JUST KIDDING. He just hates smiling in pictures, I guess. I actually got another one where he smiled, but my finger is halfway over the shutter in that one. To use Jess and Kristen’s lingo- FRUMP.

DSCN0194.jpg

Beautiful sight! This was shaping up to be a wonderful day!

Up Next: A beautiful parade and an unexpected dinner ADR! Stay tuned!

Oh man, those hotdogs look super tasty. I'm definitely hitting up Casey's on my next trip.

Your birthday is April 10? That's funny, my sister's birthday is April 11 and she'll be turning 26, so I guess that means that she's almost exactly one year older than you! I don't know why I find that so funny, but... I do. Hahha but hooray for your birthday coming up! I'll be excited to hear about all your ADRs!

I don't think you're being whiny. That's really weird that yall were so uncomfortable! I wonder if it had something to do with the refurb or if it's just a random thing? Either way, not cool! I'm very disappointed in my favorite All Star Resort at the moment.

OKAY... WHAT is that thing in the upper left corner of your train station picture? It looks like a bug but I can't be sure. AH! Is it a random bunch of leaves? I'm so puzzled.

OH MY GOSH. THAT is the funniest shirt I have ever seen!!!! Bless Disney for making fun of the dumbest song I've ever heard in a hilarious way!!!!! :lmao:

Your castle pictures are amazing! You look so pretty in that pic!

Aww, all the sweet people you encounter at Disney make up for all the total jerks!

Jobie I am loving trip report! I'm caught with the other and I'm reading one from Dec '11
Word of advice, there are really cool Mickey jackets at the super target on iro-bronson hy. It's not far and they have more mickey stuff than walmart with less crowds. And when we went this past Jan 2-8 we brought a blanket in the park too. And we used it more than I thougt we would. I bought a white hoodie buddy jacket with Mickey on it for $20 at Target. And gas stations have all kings of disney loot. Pens, autograph books and lots of other trinkets.
Across from Target, there's a Publix. We sometimes get sandwhiches there and take them into the park. But we've never been on the dining plan.
Just my 2 cents.
I love Your trip reports! I've been on two trips this year already. I keep thinking I want to write a report but I don't how to do the multiple quotes on the same post. and how easy is to load a bunch of pictures to photobucket?
Keep doing what you're doing, I am loving it! And you and John are adorable! I will keep reading!:surfweb:

Yay!!! Another trip to Casey's! :goodvibes By the way, I LOVE your Minnie Mouse inspired nails!!! :thumbsup2

I wanted to say that John reminds me of my DH. We've been married for 16 years and I can't count the number of butt shots that he's taken of me over the years. Which is why he's now required to walk in front of me at all times. LOL!!

I'm loving your trip report, but I'm sorry that you don't have a tub in your room. I know from experience how much of a lifesaver a tub can be after a long day at the parks.

I can't wait to read more!!

Love your Pictures!!

Too funny on your hubby's pictures and Lack there of!

Casey's Looks good!! If we are hungry between ADR's I'm going there!!

Very sorry to hear about the poor sleep and painful muscles -- not fun at all... I am hoping you ended up with a great solution !

I agree that the minnie nails are adorable :)

An the picture of the new castle!! :goodvibes:goodvibes oh my! I am so excited to see it in August :cool1: trip cannot arrive soon enough!!!

BTMR is the best --- love it!

Loving this report, too, and glad I'm actually catching one of your reports near the beginning! I can't wait to hear if you got to meet up with Jess!!!

I wasn't a fan of the pillows at Pop either, there's just something weird about the pillows at value resorts, they're just bad. :sad2: I'm sorry you were so uncomfortable, but I'm glad you will be changing resorts soon! :thumbsup2

Yay, MK! :banana:

OMG I got so excited about the new parking lots too, it was really pathetic. :sad2:

Those outfits the band had on were too cute! Whenever I have a kid, it's going to be dressed head to toe in Disney clothing until it's like 10. :)

HAHAHA that tee shirt is too funny! (I didn't get a text though...huh. :snooty: :rotfl:) I absolutely HATE that song SO much, so the fact that Disney did something with it that made it funny, well, it just shows what geniuses they are! :banana: (I'd still never buy it though...it's bad enough that stupid song is stuck in my head now! UGHHHH!!!!)

Wow, John got some great pictures at the Treehouse! :rotfl2: I hardly ever let Brandon take pictures, the only time he does is during fireworks. I should give him the camera for a day, see what I end up with.

I am so going to Casey's in May. I just want a vat of that cheese sauce! :cloud9:

Ha ha! I foiled his attempt to take a way-too-close picture of my face. I thought I had won that battle, until I looked back at the pictures later and saw the picture he DID take.

DSCN0180.jpg

Nice. Really nice. Thanks honey. At least it was my butt and not someone else’s, I guess. ;)

I wanted to say that John reminds me of my DH. We've been married for 16 years and I can't count the number of butt shots that he's taken of me over the years. Which is why he's now required to walk in front of me at all times. LOL!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies!! :worship: I have printed out this part of the TR to show my wife of nearly 30 years. Now she will know that I am not alone in a husband's admiration of his wife's rear appendage and thus photography to record for posterity (no pun intended, well, maybe a little) is required!

Keep up the great TR. I have enjoyed it immensely...wait, maybe that's not the right thing to say after the previous discussion...er, I have delighted in your salutation of your visit to WDW and your review of the trip with your beloved husband. Whew...that's better...maybe I wiggled my way out of this one...I'll just be quiet now and go back to lurking. :sad2:

It stinks that you had to wake up not feeling rested. I guess that's why the other hotels cost a bit more! I always think, "Eh, a hotel is a hotel regardless of where we stop," but I don't think I can just stay anywhere anymore when it comes to the ride down to Florida. We used to always stop at Florence, SC, but it got kinda grungy the last time we stayed there in 2008, so we decided we'd choose a better hotel. We're staying in Lumberton, NC again tomorrow night. A nicer hotel makes it a lot easier to rest. It is MORE than just a place to sleep! Can't wait to see your new resort!

I like seeing where people go for their first ride at MK. I'm so used to going to Buzz Lightyear! I think I'm interested in hitting Tom Sawyer Island in the morning this time. I've never been there before, and I think it'd be fun to look for a paintbrush!

Haha, I wonder if the backside pictures are a part of marriage because if that's the case, I'll prepare myself! It might sound weird, but I think it's "cute" cuz it's your husband, and it's "allowed" haha.

CHEESE SAUCE, YUM!

I had no idea you started a new TR! Where have I been?!?! Clearly, not on the DIS enough! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get over here. :sad1:

It looks like I have a lot to catch up on, so I'm off to do that now! :goodvibes

Ok, I just read through all of your updates and I am of course loving the TR so far! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you ended up being disappointed with ASMo. I'm interested to hear about your switch, though.

Yay for getting in to DHS even though the park was full! I would have started to panic, too! Great Osborne Lights pictures! Your new camera is great! :thumbsup2

Casey's looks so good! I LOVE cheese sauce. :lmao: I've never been there, but I think I need to!

Can't wait to read more!

That's funny my wife's birthday is the 10 th too!!

Happy birthday!

It's my unbirthday on the 10 as we'll.

Oh man, those hotdogs look super tasty. I'm definitely hitting up Casey's on my next trip.

I highly recommend it! They're the best! :thumbsup2

Your birthday is April 10? That's funny, my sister's birthday is April 11 and she'll be turning 26, so I guess that means that she's almost exactly one year older than you! I don't know why I find that so funny, but... I do. Hahha but hooray for your birthday coming up! I'll be excited to hear about all your ADRs!

I don't think you're being whiny. That's really weird that yall were so uncomfortable! I wonder if it had something to do with the refurb or if it's just a random thing? Either way, not cool! I'm very disappointed in my favorite All Star Resort at the moment.

OKAY... WHAT is that thing in the upper left corner of your train station picture? It looks like a bug but I can't be sure. AH! Is it a random bunch of leaves? I'm so puzzled.

OH MY GOSH. THAT is the funniest shirt I have ever seen!!!! Bless Disney for making fun of the dumbest song I've ever heard in a hilarious way!!!!! :lmao:

Your castle pictures are amazing! You look so pretty in that pic!

Aww, all the sweet people you encounter at Disney make up for all the total jerks!

That's so cool that your sister and I have such close birthdays! I hope she has a wonderful one! :goodvibes

I dunno, I think it was random. We've stayed at ASMo several times and always had a wonderful experience. It was just rotten luck this time, I think!

HAHAHA okay so I went back and looked and that freaked me out SO BAD. It looks like a giant bug, but I think it's leaves. Freaky!

Isn't that shirt great? I love it! I tried to get John to buy it but he didn't even know the song!

Aww thank you so much! :hug:

Yeah, we definitely meet more nice people than rude people! Thank goodness!

Jobie I am loving trip report! I'm caught with the other and I'm reading one from Dec '11
Word of advice, there are really cool Mickey jackets at the super target on iro-bronson hy. It's not far and they have more mickey stuff than walmart with less crowds. And when we went this past Jan 2-8 we brought a blanket in the park too. And we used it more than I thougt we would. I bought a white hoodie buddy jacket with Mickey on it for $20 at Target. And gas stations have all kings of disney loot. Pens, autograph books and lots of other trinkets.
Across from Target, there's a Publix. We sometimes get sandwhiches there and take them into the park. But we've never been on the dining plan.
Just my 2 cents.
I love Your trip reports! I've been on two trips this year already. I keep thinking I want to write a report but I don't how to do the multiple quotes on the same post. and how easy is to load a bunch of pictures to photobucket?
Keep doing what you're doing, I am loving it! And you and John are adorable! I will keep reading!:surfweb:

:welcome: Thank you for reading! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Thank you for the advice! That's really good to know!

You really should write a report! I would love to read it! All you have to do to have multiple quotes is hit the little quote button with the + sign. Hit that for every quote you want to include, then when you get to the last quote you want to include in that post his the regular quote button. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you so so much for your kind words! I really appreciate them, and I'm so glad you are enjoying my reports! :hug:

Yay!!! Another trip to Casey's! :goodvibes By the way, I LOVE your Minnie Mouse inspired nails!!! :thumbsup2

Casey's is SO good! Haha, it's funny how my TRs keep overlapping! I need to finish the other one! Thank you! Haha, I am so bad at painting my nails, and that took like an hour! :laughing:

I'm loving your trip report, but I'm sorry that you don't have a tub in your room. I know from experience how much of a lifesaver a tub can be after a long day at the parks.

I can't wait to read more!!

HAHA That's so funny that your DH does that too! Men! :rolleyes:

Thank you so much! The lack of a tub was definitely a downer, but we fixed it pretty soon! :)

Thanks! I am posting another update in a minute!

Love your Pictures!!

Too funny on your hubby's pictures and Lack there of!

Casey's Looks good!! If we are hungry between ADR's I'm going there!!

Thank you!

Haha yeah he's not very skilled with the camera!

I would highly recommend it! It's delicious!

Very sorry to hear about the poor sleep and painful muscles -- not fun at all... I am hoping you ended up with a great solution !

I agree that the minnie nails are adorable :)

An the picture of the new castle!! :goodvibes:goodvibes oh my! I am so excited to see it in August :cool1: trip cannot arrive soon enough!!!

BTMR is the best --- love it!

Thank you! :hug: We ended up with a pretty good solution!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them! :)

I know, that new Fantasyland expansion is amazing! I can't wait to go in July! Your trip is pretty soon after mine!

Loving this report, too, and glad I'm actually catching one of your reports near the beginning! I can't wait to hear if you got to meet up with Jess!!!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoy my reports! Stay tuned to find out! ;)

I wasn't a fan of the pillows at Pop either, there's just something weird about the pillows at value resorts, they're just bad. :sad2: I'm sorry you were so uncomfortable, but I'm glad you will be changing resorts soon! :thumbsup2

Yay, MK! :banana:

OMG I got so excited about the new parking lots too, it was really pathetic. :sad2:

Those outfits the band had on were too cute! Whenever I have a kid, it's going to be dressed head to toe in Disney clothing until it's like 10. :)

HAHAHA that tee shirt is too funny! (I didn't get a text though...huh. :snooty: :rotfl:) I absolutely HATE that song SO much, so the fact that Disney did something with it that made it funny, well, it just shows what geniuses they are! :banana: (I'd still never buy it though...it's bad enough that stupid song is stuck in my head now! UGHHHH!!!!)

Wow, John got some great pictures at the Treehouse! :rotfl2: I hardly ever let Brandon take pictures, the only time he does is during fireworks. I should give him the camera for a day, see what I end up with.

I am so going to Casey's in May. I just want a vat of that cheese sauce! :cloud9:

I'm glad you agree about the pillows! They were awful!

Haha it's not pathetic! I got really excited too!

Hahaha I'm sorry! :hug: I don't know why I didn't text you! I must not have been thinking clearly!! I hate that song too! It drives me nuts! Haha sorry I got it stuck in your head!

HAHA He's a mess. :rotfl: That would be so funny to give one of them the camera for the entire day...funny, but frightening!

YES, YOU MUST. The cheese sauce is amazing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies!! :worship: I have printed out this part of the TR to show my wife of nearly 30 years. Now she will know that I am not alone in a husband's admiration of his wife's rear appendage and thus photography to record for posterity (no pun intended, well, maybe a little) is required!

Keep up the great TR. I have enjoyed it immensely...wait, maybe that's not the right thing to say after the previous discussion...er, I have delighted in your salutation of your visit to WDW and your review of the trip with your beloved husband. Whew...that's better...maybe I wiggled my way out of this one...I'll just be quiet now and go back to lurking. :sad2:

:lmao: Your entire comment had me laughing SO HARD. I'm so glad that this can help argue your point with your wife!

HAHAHA, I totally understand what you mean. Thank you! I'm so glad you are enjoying it. Please don't be a lurker...you're hilarious! :laughing:

It stinks that you had to wake up not feeling rested. I guess that's why the other hotels cost a bit more! I always think, "Eh, a hotel is a hotel regardless of where we stop," but I don't think I can just stay anywhere anymore when it comes to the ride down to Florida. We used to always stop at Florence, SC, but it got kinda grungy the last time we stayed there in 2008, so we decided we'd choose a better hotel. We're staying in Lumberton, NC again tomorrow night. A nicer hotel makes it a lot easier to rest. It is MORE than just a place to sleep! Can't wait to see your new resort!

I like seeing where people go for their first ride at MK. I'm so used to going to Buzz Lightyear! I think I'm interested in hitting Tom Sawyer Island in the morning this time. I've never been there before, and I think it'd be fun to look for a paintbrush!

Haha, I wonder if the backside pictures are a part of marriage because if that's the case, I'll prepare myself! It might sound weird, but I think it's "cute" cuz it's your husband, and it's "allowed" haha.

CHEESE SAUCE, YUM!

Lumberton NC is about five minutes from where John works! That's so cool! I hope the hotel you stayed in there was nice!

Ooh, that would be so cool! I can't wait to see if you find the paintbrush!

Haha I think it is a part of marriage! ;) I agree with you, I think it's cute too. Now if a stranger did it, I'd be freaked out!

Okay so, YOU'RE IN DISNEY RIGHT NOW. Ahhh, I'm so jealous! I hope you're having an amazing trip! :hug:

I had no idea you started a new TR! Where have I been?!?! Clearly, not on the DIS enough! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get over here. :sad1:

It looks like I have a lot to catch up on, so I'm off to do that now! :goodvibes

:welcome: Don't apologize, you've had a lot going on! I'm so glad you're here now!

Ok, I just read through all of your updates and I am of course loving the TR so far! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you ended up being disappointed with ASMo. I'm interested to hear about your switch, though.

Yay for getting in to DHS even though the park was full! I would have started to panic, too! Great Osborne Lights pictures! Your new camera is great! :thumbsup2

Casey's looks so good! I LOVE cheese sauce. :lmao: I've never been there, but I think I need to!

Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! :goodvibes I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

I was really bummed because we usually really like ASMo, but our switch is awesome!

Ughh it was so scary when the park was full! Thank you! I love that camera, it's so much better than my old one! :laughing:

YES, if you like cheese sauce you MUST go there! It's so good!

That's funny my wife's birthday is the 10 th too!!

Happy birthday!

It's my unbirthday on the 10 as we'll.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Happy birthday to your wife, and happy unbirthday to you! ;)

Hello to all my beautiful readers and Happy Easter to all of you! I hope you all had a wonderful day. I spent mine eating, being with family, eating some more, and um…yeah. Eating. It was wonderful!

How about an update? Okay then! When I left off our first full day at Disney was shaping up to be very pleasant, despite our not-so-pleasant wake up. It had been a very successful morning, and believe it or not we had pretty much accomplished all of our goals for the day very early. Our plans were to go to another park that evening for EMH (I’m not going to say which park just yet…you’ll see why in a bit) but first we had an ADR at Tony’s Town Square. John and I were both looking forward to eating at Tony’s since we hadn’t been there since 2007, but we both agreed we’d rather go ahead and go to aforementioned other park. We decided to stop by guest services and see if we could possibly snag another ADR.

On our way back up Mainstreet USA something glorious happened…the Once Upon a Christmastime parade started! AHHH! I have never seen this parade, and I begged John to stop for a bit so I could watch.

I hope you’re in the mood for an onslaught of parade pictures, because by golly here they come!

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

Okay yeah, so I went straight paparazzi on Mickey and Minnie. Can you blame me? THEY ARE SO FREAKING CUTE. Plus, I’m a creep, remember? It’s what I do.

One more? Oh alright. SHE’S BLOWING A KISS.

DSCN0202.jpg

*Note- if you notice that my location changes throughout this parade, I swear it wasn’t because I was creepily following the floats. I SWEAR. John was slowly nudging me along the entire time, trying to get me closer to Guest Services. Just thought you oughta know.

DSCN0204.jpg

Oh hello there, Scrooge McDuck, you old curmudgeon, you.

DSCN0206.jpg

He’s like, “No cameras, please. I’m grouchy.”

DSCN0207.jpg

Donald in a sled. Couldn’t get much more precious, right?

DSCN0208.jpg

WRONG. Daisy was in there too. And they’re covered in a blanket. Are you still alive, or has the cuteness killed you all?

DSCN0210.jpg

Chip and Dale! These mischievous little rascals took a break from stealing Uncle Jesse’s picnic basket to play in the snow. (That’s right. Full House reference. That is exactly how I roll.)

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

Chip looks like he’s slapping Dale upside the head.

DSCN0214.jpg

Dopey is waving at me! Eep! Okay, he’s waving in my general direction. Whatevs.

OMG. It’s about to get real. Here comes the princesses.

DSCN0215.jpg

Snow White!

DSCN0219.jpg

I’m a married woman so I can’t comment on this prince….but yeah. You know what I’m thinking.

DSCN0221.jpg

At this point in the parade I was trying to play it cool, so I looked over at John and casually said, “Heh. White ponies.” That lasted all of about two seconds, then I was doing that insane thing I do when I love an animal I’ve never even met, which is crying and laughing and talking in a baby voice as if it could actually hear me from that distance. Yeah, I’m out of my mind.

WHITE PONIES. WITH FEATHERS ON THEIR HEADS. WOOK AT THEIR WITTLE FEET. You get the idea.

And who were these beautiful ponies escorting along?

DSCN0222.jpg

Cinderella, who else? (And another strikingly handsome prince, just saying.)

DSCN0223.jpg

So, Snow White and Cinderella were pretty much just the teasers that ushered in this crazy float that was like Princess mania. When I saw that thing I literally lost my mind. There were princesses EVERYWHERE!!

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

She’s like, “What’s that? I’m perfect? I know, right!”

DSCN0231.jpg

Look. At. Naveen.

You’re welcome.

Okay so in a nutshell, that parade was AMAZING. I was a mess by the time it was over. I was sobbing, jumping up and down, and gushing about how perfect it was. John was as impressed as a man can be by a parade, but I think he did enjoy seeing all the pretty princesses.

I was still floating on my high from that parade (pun intended), and I felt like anything was possible. We went into Guest Services to ask about switching our ADR for the evening, and we got the ULTIMATE bit of pixie dust from the CM. A very exciting restaurant just so happened to have an available ADR that evening, and it was at the park we were planning on going to! We couldn’t believe our luck, so we snatched it up, cancelled our Tony’s ADR, and made our way here!

DSCN0232.jpg

Up Next: Where were we heading for dinner? Let’s hear your guesses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter