Snow White Does the Creep on the Trip that Almost Wasn't A Dec 11/Jan 12 TR 7/24 NEW

:thumbsup2 for the Golden Girls reference - one of my faves! I too have a super weak stomach and - regardless of the emotion I'm having - get nauseous too! :confused3 Anyway, SO looking forward to hearing about your arrival to Disney!!! :goodvibes

Ahhh YAY new trip report new TRIP REPORT!!!! Please excuse me while I do my happy dance. :yay:

That is a very interesting title explanation...and one I can completely relate to, what with the whole "pale" thing. You don't look pale in your intro picture! And in John's....he's making the deer face. :thumbsup2

HAHAHA I love the first update title. How clever. :P

WOW! That hotel is BEAUTIFUL. Why would you ever want to leave? *hehe*

Ugh, yes. Sephora is the inaccessible heaven. SO pricey!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!

Okay, your trip journal is just precious!

Oh my gosh! Poor John! That's terrifying. Glad he's okay though! But yes, I definitely understand why you wouldn't do photopass. "These are the pictures from our trip where everyone thought John had been punched a lot."

Hahah aww. Long drives can really take a lot out of you! I went to school 8 hours away from home, so I know the feeling. ICK.

Disney resort snobs for LIFE! :snooty:
HOORAY FOR THE DISNEY GATES OF HEAVEN!!!

Yay another trip report! Joining in for this one as well :thumbsup2

Great start and yay on getting a pic of that sign. Oh no on a not so nice surprise awaiting you on check in - that doesn't sound very pleasant :(

I love those Minnie ears, I have the same ones! :cool1: I'm already wondering what Minnie ears I should bring in May...either those or the silver ones...I'm also wondering if I should bring my bride ears down there, I feel weird wearing them but it's an anniversary trip, right? Hmmm...

I freakin love Sephora SO much! I hardly ever buy anything there though, I always get so overwhelmed and want everything there, and can't decide on just one or two things!

That hotel is really miserable looking! :laughing: I've become a total Disney hotel snob too, a hotel just isn't good enough anymore unless you have access to some kind of Disney park when you step outside of it! :yay:

:rotfl: Poor Svenhard, that pastry looks pathetic! Hope you got to have something that was made with Disney magic when you got there!

Really enjoyed Your Previous TRs found them browsing through the completed TR looking to live vicariously through others Disney adventures. I have to say I really enjoy your style. So happy to be on board for this one. Are you still going to finish your previous TR?

Love your writing style! Fun TR already :) I love your Disney journal - where did you find that?

I'm following!!

I'm pale all the time too!! And I don't have a problem with it!!

It must have been so nerve wracking not knowing for sure if you were going to be able to go!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Omg! I'm so excited I found your TR! I'm planning a trip for after my upcoming deployment, and I'm so worried about getting hotel reservations plus ADRs on short notice. Did you consider staying at Shades of Green? Did you plan far in advance and just hope for the best, or did you do everything once you knew for sure you were going? I hate how, in the military, leave can be cancelled last minute and you can't make definite plans!

Count me in!!I live in NC also!!1

:welcome: That's so cool that you're from NC too! Where in NC do you live?

Ahhh yay I'm so excited that you started this trip report. :banana:

LOL that's a wonderful trip report title explanation. :laughing: I can't believe you didn't know you were officially going until Christmas Eve! Ahh that's crazy!

Omg they filmed the Hunger Games right near you guys!? That's INSANE!!! That series is literally a phenomenon. I haven't read it yet but I really should!

Aww yayy you're so excited! EEEEEE DISNEY!

Mmmm fake pastries. Yummm....?

YAYYYYY DISNEY!

Thanks! I'm excited to do it- it was a really great trip with awesome memories, like meeting you! :)

It was SO stressful not knowing. I had basically accepted the fact that I was going to have to cancel the trip and lose $200. I was so bummed. And then when I found out we were going it was crazy trying to get ready! It was all worth it though!

Yeah they filmed it in this place called Asheville which is in the mountains near my house. It's so cool! You need to read those books! They're amazing!

I was so excited! I couldn't believe we were actually going!

Haha that pastry was pathetic...poor Svenhard. He needs to find another job.

DISNEY!!!! :banana:

I am really enjoying your Disney trip updates!! Cracking me up! Also, I teach 6th grade Literacy, so totally can relate to your nerdiness and Tower of Terror wait! haha!

Thank you! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! :goodvibes Haha I'm glad someone else can relate to my nerdiness! Maybe it's a teacher thing? ;)

Great update! I agree about non-Disney hotels -- they're so bland when you're used to (or heading to) Disney! ;)

That's cool about the Hunger Games being filmed near you! My co-worker went to high school where they filmed the school scenes in Twilight and said it was weird to see it in the movie. Anywho, looking forward to the next installment, though the not-so-pleasant surprise doesn't sound fun! :eek:

Thanks! :) Non Disney hotels are the worst!

That's so neat that your coworker went to high school there! I can imagine that would be weird. I think most of the scenes for the Hunger Games that were filmed in NC were filmed outdoors, so I won't really be able to recognize anything. It's still exciting, though!

I know how you feel! I get like that when I'm super excited too! My stomach just won't settle.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE HUNGER GAMES!! I loved the books... so addicting. And the movie looks amazing! 8 more days!!!

Love your Minnie Ears! Mine broke in my suitcase on the way home from WDW. :( They were just cheap ones I got at the Disney Outlet but I loved em! Oh well... can't say I hate having an excuse to buy more.

OMG I totally agree. The prices in Sephora are just ridiculous...and of course there are SO MANY things I want in there!

It's funny how blah regular hotels seem compared to Disney. Don't ya just hate staying in places that don't have Hidden Mickeys? Boring!

YAYYYY you're at Disney!!! Wow, there really is nothing like seeing those gates. :cloud9: Can't wait for the next update!

Ughh aren't nervous stomachs the worst? I hate it!

I love the books too!! Peeta is my favorite! :lovestruc I can't wait for the movie either! YAY!

I'm sorry about your Minnie ears, but now you can pick out cute new ones on your next trip! :thumbsup2

Sephora is so frustrating because they have SO many amazing things! The only think I've found that's even partially affordable is the travel sized stuff, but it only lasts like a week. GRRR!

Hahaha yes, any hotel without Hidden Mickeys is boring in my book too! :laughing:

Those gates truly are one of the most beautiful sights on earth! :cloud9:

:thumbsup2 for the Golden Girls reference - one of my faves! I too have a super weak stomach and - regardless of the emotion I'm having - get nauseous too! :confused3 Anyway, SO looking forward to hearing about your arrival to Disney!!! :goodvibes

Haha thank! I love the Golden Girls too! A few Halloweens ago my whole family and I dressed as them. My mom was Sophia, my sister was Blanche, I was Rose, and my DAD was Dorothy. It was hysterical! :rotfl:

Another nervous stomach! Ughh I hate it! It always messes me up at first when I leave for Disney.

Ahhh YAY new trip report new TRIP REPORT!!!! Please excuse me while I do my happy dance. :yay:

That is a very interesting title explanation...and one I can completely relate to, what with the whole "pale" thing. You don't look pale in your intro picture! And in John's....he's making the deer face. :thumbsup2

HAHAHA I love the first update title. How clever. :P

WOW! That hotel is BEAUTIFUL. Why would you ever want to leave? *hehe*

Ugh, yes. Sephora is the inaccessible heaven. SO pricey!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!

:welcome: YAY! I'm so glad you're here!!!

Thanks! I didn't think I looked too pale when I came back, but I guess my coworker expected me to look like I'd been to Cancun. :confused3 HAHA I just noticed that he was making the deer face! I'm really nerdy/excited because I made my first intentional deer face on this trip and I have photographic evidence! :banana:

Seriously, it was so cozy and inviting. It felt like home. :lmao:

Describing Sephora as the "inaccessible heaven" is PERFECT! :laughing: So true!

Okay, your trip journal is just precious!

Oh my gosh! Poor John! That's terrifying. Glad he's okay though! But yes, I definitely understand why you wouldn't do photopass. "These are the pictures from our trip where everyone thought John had been punched a lot."

Hahah aww. Long drives can really take a lot out of you! I went to school 8 hours away from home, so I know the feeling. ICK.

Disney resort snobs for LIFE! :snooty:
HOORAY FOR THE DISNEY GATES OF HEAVEN!!!

Thanks! :) It's actually been my journal for several trips now, but I love it and can't bring myself to get a new one!

Thanks! Hahaha exactly...we didn't want to have to explain away the black eyes! It looks like Goofy had been beating up on him! :rotfl:

Yeah long drives are NO fun! Wow, eight hours from home, I bet that was hard! I was only an hour and half from home and that was still a hassle!

That's right! Snobs for life! :snooty:

YESSS! I was so excited about those gates!! :woohoo:

Excited to read another one of your trip reports! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Thank you! I'm glad you're here!

Yay another trip report! Joining in for this one as well :thumbsup2

Great start and yay on getting a pic of that sign. Oh no on a not so nice surprise awaiting you on check in - that doesn't sound very pleasant :(

:welcome: I'm so glad you're here, Tanz!

Thanks! Yeah I will be posting about that surprise later today. Nothing too bad, but it did affect our trip later.

I love those Minnie ears, I have the same ones! :cool1: I'm already wondering what Minnie ears I should bring in May...either those or the silver ones...I'm also wondering if I should bring my bride ears down there, I feel weird wearing them but it's an anniversary trip, right? Hmmm...

I freakin love Sephora SO much! I hardly ever buy anything there though, I always get so overwhelmed and want everything there, and can't decide on just one or two things!

That hotel is really miserable looking! :laughing: I've become a total Disney hotel snob too, a hotel just isn't good enough anymore unless you have access to some kind of Disney park when you step outside of it! :yay:

:rotfl: Poor Svenhard, that pastry looks pathetic! Hope you got to have something that was made with Disney magic when you got there!

Those are my favorite Minnie ears because they're so comfortable. Awww I think you should wear your bride ears! I see lots of anniversary people wearing them!

Sephora is amazing! It is like sensory overload when you go in, though. So much to choose from! I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!

Haha yeah that hotel was bad. I think after this past trip I'm realizing that I am a semi Disney hotel snob. When I write about our ASMo experience that will make more sense!

Haha Svenhard needs to seek another career because that thing was NASTY! Disney food is just around the corner! :goodvibes

Love your Minnie ears! I have the same ones! :lovestruc

Thanks! They're so cute and comfy! :goodvibes

Really enjoyed Your Previous TRs found them browsing through the completed TR looking to live vicariously through others Disney adventures. I have to say I really enjoy your style. So happy to be on board for this one. Are you still going to finish your previous TR?

:welcome: Thank you! I'm so glad you are enjoying reading my adventures! I will definitely be finishing my other one! I will be posting an update for both later today! :thumbsup2

Love your writing style! Fun TR already :) I love your Disney journal - where did you find that?

:welcome: Thank you so much! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

I got the journal at the Disney store outlet last year. Check disneystore.com because they always have really cute journals!

I'm following!!

I'm pale all the time too!! And I don't have a problem with it!!

It must have been so nerve wracking not knowing for sure if you were going to be able to go!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

:welcome:

Pale is beautiful! I think I will adopt that as my motto! :laughing:

It was so stressful! It was like I couldn't really let myself get excited until I knew for sure!

Omg! I'm so excited I found your TR! I'm planning a trip for after my upcoming deployment, and I'm so worried about getting hotel reservations plus ADRs on short notice. Did you consider staying at Shades of Green? Did you plan far in advance and just hope for the best, or did you do everything once you knew for sure you were going? I hate how, in the military, leave can be cancelled last minute and you can't make definite plans!

:welcome: That is wonderful that you're going to Disney after your deployment. What time of year are you planning on going? If it's not during one of the peak seasons you shouldn't have a hard time making your plans, even if it is short notice. We have considered SoG before, but I love the other resorts' theming so much that we always stay at one of them. Their rates are really good too with the military disount. Deluxe resorts are 40% off! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I planned far in advance and just hoped for the best. That's pretty muc what I do every trip because of the military. You're right, I hate how leave gets cancelled/changed. It's not easy for us Disney planners! ;)

Thank you for your service to our country! If anyone deserves a trip to Disney, it's you! :hug:

Hi! I'm so joining in!! Looks like a lot of fun! Oh and "The Creep?" sooooooo funny!!!!! :rotfl: I'm the same way with taking pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! :goodvibes can't wait to read more!!

Hope you don't mind another follower :). I came over from your other report -- very entertaining and I always love hearing about other people who think going to Disney multiple times in a year makes perfect sense :goodvibes

So glad that you were able to go on your trip. Looking forward to another one of your TR's.

That is wonderful that you're going to Disney after your deployment. What time of year are you planning on going? If it's not during one of the peak seasons you shouldn't have a hard time making your plans, even if it is short notice. We have considered SoG before, but I love the other resorts' theming so much that we always stay at one of them. Their rates are really good too with the military disount. Deluxe resorts are 40% off! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I planned far in advance and just hoped for the best. That's pretty muc what I do every trip because of the military. You're right, I hate how leave gets cancelled/changed. It's not easy for us Disney planners! ;)

Thank you for your service to our country! If anyone deserves a trip to Disney, it's you! :hug:

Thanks! Right now, it's either late January/early February or late February/early March. My husband is most definitely not the Disney Type-A planner that I am, so I'm trying to make lots of lists and plan everything out for him before I leave next month! A lot of it will depend on what military rates they're offering when we end up going. We qualify for Florida resident discounts too, so I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the cheapest way will be a year from now! :scared: As it is, I'm leaving a list of all the ADRs I'm hoping for with my husband, and he'll make them for both of the possible weeks, and cancel the ones we don't use. I'm giving him my choice hotel along with 2 backups, plus a list of restaurants that is WAY too long for us to ever conquer in a week if we tried lol. He enjoys Disney but just wants me to do the planning. I have his very short list of "must-do's", and other than that, he just wants to do what I want to do. He's pretty awesome like that. :)

I'm so glad your trip worked out, and I can't wait to hear more!

Hi! I'm so joining in!! Looks like a lot of fun! Oh and "The Creep?" sooooooo funny!!!!! :rotfl: I'm the same way with taking pictures of EVERYTHING!!!! :goodvibes can't wait to read more!!

:welcome: Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only picture taking creep! :goodvibes I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

Hope you don't mind another follower :). I came over from your other report -- very entertaining and I always love hearing about other people who think going to Disney multiple times in a year makes perfect sense :goodvibes

:welcome: OF COURSE I don't mind another follower! I love followers! I'm so glad you enjoy my TRs! Oh I absolutely believe that- the more trips per year, the better! :thumbsup2

So glad that you were able to go on your trip. Looking forward to another one of your TR's.

:welcome: Thanks! I was ecstatic that we were able to go too! :goodvibes

Thanks! Right now, it's either late January/early February or late February/early March. My husband is most definitely not the Disney Type-A planner that I am, so I'm trying to make lots of lists and plan everything out for him before I leave next month! A lot of it will depend on what military rates they're offering when we end up going. We qualify for Florida resident discounts too, so I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the cheapest way will be a year from now! :scared: As it is, I'm leaving a list of all the ADRs I'm hoping for with my husband, and he'll make them for both of the possible weeks, and cancel the ones we don't use. I'm giving him my choice hotel along with 2 backups, plus a list of restaurants that is WAY too long for us to ever conquer in a week if we tried lol. He enjoys Disney but just wants me to do the planning. I have his very short list of "must-do's", and other than that, he just wants to do what I want to do. He's pretty awesome like that. :)

I'm so glad your trip worked out, and I can't wait to hear more!

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting the reservations you want during that time! It sounds like you've made booking the trip pretty full proof for your husband! :thumbsup2 He sounds very awesome! That's how John is on a trip- he pretty much just goes with the flow.

Thank you! I'm so glad too! :goodvibes

Another NC girl here, looks like this is gong to be a lot of fun!!!

:welcome: YAY! It's so awesome that you're from NC too!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you as well! Thank you for the adorable Eeyore! I love him! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter