Snow White Birthday Party??

kkayluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the best spot for this post or not, but I hope it is! My dd is turning 3 in a few weeks and she has requested a "Snow White" themed party. I am having a problem finding Snow White specific party supplies. All of the designs I've been able to find have multiple Disney Princesses. I was wondering if any of you may have run into a similar problem and have suggestions for me as to where to look. I did find some items on Ebay but they are charging a bundle for paper plates and cups!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-Kelly :wizard:

Why don't you make the main "paper plates and cups" part of it either in red/ yellow/ or blue? You can get a pretty cute Snow White cake, which will bring in the theme... maybe some apples for the table, and anything with a castle of course.

Another option is to look for the dwarfs... try searing for "Dopey" cups and plates, etc... maybe just "princess" ones will work just as well.

And they're cheaper. Your daughter is pretty young, and will not reconize the difference between the expensive cups and plates vs. the solid color ones.

Oh, and I've also seen "wishing wells" for partys that have Snow White themes.

I NEVER use themed plates. To me they take away from the looks of the food and are distracting and busy. I highly recommend you use yellow, blue and red solids. Maybe do a red tablecloth with yellow plates and blue napkins. If you have any Snow White items use them to decorate the table (like small figurines of SW and the dwarfs). Loved the pp idea of apples as decor as well.

Also, if you use a plastic table cloth you could always decorate it with SW stickers. And if you are doing a buffet you can make label cards for the food and put SW clip art or stickers on that. Don't fret at all about the dishes and cups -- just be a little creative and it will look great.

I've never seen plates, cups, etc. with just Snow White on them.

To follow up on what someone else said about using Snow White stickers, you could put them on plain cups, too.

I agree. I would go with the solids in the Snow White colors and then your cake and decorations can be of Snow White. I think that would be perfect. I wish I was 3 again so I could have a Snow White party. :rotfl:

Check out the creative disign forum - they are great! I bet they could make you Snow White invitations, a tshirt design for your daughter to wear and then you could use the solid color paper products to tie everything together. They even have candy bar wrappers so you could do give aways in the theme.

Good luck and have fun!

Buy the little figurines at the Disney Store in the Snow White assortment and use them as cake toppers & then she can play with them later.

Also, Toys R' Us just got in an package of Snow White - themed playfood. It's really cute! Perfect for a 3yr old.

You'll be seeing more & more stuff coming out soon as the release of the movie is in a few months.

I did a Snow White them for my DD's 4th birthday last year. Basically, I got the multi-princess banner to put on our garage (from party store) announcing the birthday location, and then multi-princess party bags for the candy from the princess pinata. I agree with using solid color paper plates (makes them easier to re-use) - and she's too young to really know the difference.

The only real 'Snow-White' thing that I did was to have a cake made (luckily MIL did this for me). I googled Snow White cakes and found and image that I liked and asked her to do it. She ended up using a Snow White 'barbie' doll and put it in the middle of the cake (I forget how she protected the legs) and the cake was the 'dress'. If you can picture it, it was awesome.

The cake was a major hit to say the least and it made DD very happy. (I of course, didn't want to cut it because it was sooo cute).

You might be able to think up some fun SW type games (have you ever had a 3 y.o. try to "whistle while you work"? It's hilarious.). Or maybe hide some garden gnomes around your yard and call them dwarves. The kids can have a treasure hunt trying to find them. You can make the clues out of drawings instead of words so that they can try to figure them out on their own.

Good luck planning. And Happy Birthday to your DD princess:.

Or they could bob for apples! Too cute!

Another idea is to have them have a treasure hunt, just like an easter egg hunt, only for the gems in the mine like the dawrfs do.

Haha, you could also get them to clean up, per snow.

I was in the same boat last month. Ariel as a mermaid hard to find without paying shipping fees out the you-know-what. I got the plain white invitations and Little mermaid stickers. It was a craft day to make them. Then I got plates and napkins the colors of the party as others have said before. For decorations, I had same colored balloons and streamers. Plus we got blue plastic tablecloths and made fish, star fish, rocks, plants and glued them on the tablecloths then hung them on the fence (another craft day.) You could do something like that making the fence look like a forest. Good Luck and have fun.

You could also play "Pass the Poison Apple" game. It's played just like hot potato, but use a small plastic apple instead. This was a big hit at my DD's 3 yr. old Princess and Knights party. I told them that a wicked witch came to my house and gave me this posion apple, so be careful with it and whatever you do -- don't eat it! They loved it. Over a year later and my DD will still talk about the apple and say that in her play food that is the poison one.

How about pin the beard on the dwarf or pin the apple to snow white hand?

Have a small apple at each place setting

Make a birthday banner out of construction paper with snow white clipart on each end.

I too like the idea of using stickers on the cups and clipart images can be spread/glued/taped to the table cloth

Invitations, make your own with plain white cardstock invites (Walmart/Michael's) and then glue a clipart picture of snow white to it. Or go to Staples and pick up postcard paper (by Avery) and make your own with snow white and the dwarfs using clipart and wording.

Use/make a wishing well (wedding section of Michael's/Walmart...) and make red "apple" beanbags for the kids to toss into the well.

Hi -
My daughter is turning 4 and her favorite princess is Snow White. I did the same as you -searched for party items with just Snow White on them. Not too difficult to find if you don't mind paying a fortune on Ebay. I can't believe people want $8-9 for a single package of paper plates! :sad2:

Luckily, my daughter doesn't care if the other princesses are on the decorations, but I did already have a princess party with those for my other daughter. So, I was hoping to have more luck finding Snow White-themed decorations.

Wishing us both luck...if you ever find anything reasonable, PM me. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. This weekend has been dedicated to invitations. I decided to make them myself (with some help from my husband and my Cricut!;)) I bought plain white cardstock cards with envelopes and on the outside we are going to do a "magic mirror" with my dd's face in it. Then inside I tied a red bow at the top and will have a Dopey cricut cutout as well. I am still working on them and hope they come out okay. I agree about using the solid colors for plates, napkins and tablecloths. I guess my next big project is finding an image that hopefully can be a template for the cake. Wegman's (our local grocery store) makes yummy cakes but they don't have any Snow White specific ones, so I'm hoping if I bring in an image then can use it? I also think we're going to try to do candy or caramel apples for favors. Which do you think kids would like more? I, myself, prefer a good candy apple..hmm..I wonder how hard they are to make...I guess I'll find out. Why does it seem the younger the child the more work gets put into these parties?! Thanks again everyone!
-Kelly :wizard:

We did mini hand held mirrors from the $1 store and glued large gems on back and tied a ribbon around the handle for a favor for my daughters Princess party when she was 5.

We seem to always need a cake that they currently don't have any sets for, or the right sets for. We have found that if you bring any type of playsets or figurines or image to a bakery, the decorator can usually make a cake out of it. This year for DDs 3rd birthday, she really wanted a cake that had both Cinderella and stepsister Anastasia on it. Our bakery made us an incredible Cinderella cake with a playset I had to buy on Ebay because the Disney Store had sold out of them. It had Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Stepmother and Stepsisters and the mice. I just ran a search for "Snow White cake" on ebay in the auctions and stores categories and they have some cute figurine sets you could use, and also some edible cake top images which looked pretty cute.

Hey Sis - What if you took that set of dwarves Nor got last time we went to "the world" and hide them? Or you could cut out apples and have them find those - maybe a special prize for whoever finds the "poison" one?

:banana: Can't wait to be there - are you going to be the wicked queen?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter