Snow, Savannah, and NO School! A Feb 2010 TR! UPDATE marathon! New TR! Souvies! 3/6

I am afraid I will miss you.... so have a wonderful trip (glad we get to send well wishes this time... no surprises)

You're leaving tomorrow??? How did it get to be the night before??? Have an absolutely wonderful time!!! You are sure to be beautiful with your hair and nails done! :laughing: Enjoy the Hilton Head resort and the cruise -- can't wait to hear what you think of it!

In case I don't get on here before you leave.....Bon voyage!! :boat: Have an amazing cruise!!! :hug:

Tracy

I am little late, but I am joining in. I have really enjoyed your trip report! I didn't think there was a way to make snow days any better, but you have proven me wrong!

It's almost time...
Have a wonderful trip! We will all be here waiting for your return and wanting the details!

So... okay too much to finish last night but I did get my update done!! Now just gotta post it! Tonight I promise! But right. Now I have a hair appt. Mani and Pediatric were last night! More later lot of pics. But I do have a rescheduled parent meeting to hold tonight as well so it will be late.

So... okay too much to finish last night but I did get my update done!! Now just gotta post it! Tonight I promise! But right. Now I have a hair appt. Mani and Pedi were last night! More later lot of pics. But I do have a rescheduled parent meeting to hold tonight as well so it will be late.

deja vu

Alright, so time for one more -- the night before a trip I can never concentrate! We got new phones during the blizzard -- one more thing that happens when you are stuck at home watching it snow! So my attempt earlier today was on our new Google phones (the Nexus One) and of course I am not used to the touch screen! Me and my fat fingers!!! So I tried to give you a status via my phone! Alright, back to our Disney getaway!

Here is the rest of our afternoon/evening!

So after lunch at DHS, we headed back to AK. It was great fun to be there... Obviously, I was craving the opportunity to explore... DS4 and 7 were playing action figures, actually I think the younger one napped too, and DH was doing some school work and reading, so I slipped out with my camera to enjoy the resort.... Here are those photos...

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010060.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010059.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010061.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010062.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010065.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010064.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010066.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010007.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010063.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010067.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010071.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010068.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010069.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010072.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010074.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010114.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010115.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010113.jpg

Most of these I too that afternoon, a few on our last night, but I am putting almost all the resort photos from the three nights here...

So around 4pm I went back to the room and we grabbed the two boys to head back to DHS. We got to the park and immediately went over to see RNRC.... My DS7 is a HAIR, okay maybe five hairs, too short.. The first CM felt he was too short. So DH rode it and the boys and I waited for him... when he came out, he check the CM at the FP line, and since she was different, he decided to try again. Well, he got through! AND DS was one smiling boy after that, he officially proclaimed the RNRC to be the best rollercoaster available in the MK.... After this, we walked over to TSM, since we had two sets of passes. We wanted to get both rides in before dinner at the Brown Derby.

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010078.jpg

My family loves Toy Story! We rode back to back and then headed to the Brown Derby for dinner. We had a round of drinks, appetizers and the cobb salad. We had crab cakes and the ravioli, and then during our salad, we had another round of drinks. I had a margarita and a Hollywood. I felt the margarita was good, but didn't like it as much as the one at San Angels. By then the boys had finished dinner, and we had time to hit the candy shoppe -- DH actually took the boys to go ride Star Tours, I browsed the shops around Hollywood blvd, and then I stood in line to get our treats. We got through the candy shoppe with our treats and then headed to Fantasmic! Something I hadn't seen all the way through!

So armed with the marshmallow sticks and toffee, we headed over to the show... Here are my photos that evening! We waited of course for the show to start.

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010083.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010086.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010087.jpg

Then it finally began! I realized that I hadn't seen Fantasmic for a year, and the boys barely remembered seeing it so it was a great evening activity for us. My Dh had never seen it. Obviously I didn't get great photos, but I like the Mickey picture!

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010089.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010092.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010093.jpg

So after Fantasmic, we headed back to AKL for sleep. We all were tired and had had a very full day, so this was an easy decision! The boys got baths, and then we tucked them into bed ... another great Disney day on this surprise trip!

UP next, an Epcot morning and raining cats and dogs!!!

Okay, if I get to respond tomorrow I will! :surfweb: I can't believe I am leaving tomorrow to go on a Disney Cruise! :scared1: I have a few more things to do, but will deal with them in the morning! I can't wait to share the rest of this trip AND my souvies and of course the cruise!!! So we'll hopefully get one more post and responses tomorrow -- heck, our last day and 1/2 left... we'll see how I do! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the great comments and good wishes! I can't wait to share everything with you!! :flower3:

Great update! It's so much fun to do a little resort exploration on your own...
especially when you are staying at such a beautiful resort!

Bon Voyage!! :sail: Take lots of pictures for us!

Kathy

Yay for your DS getting his first ride on RNRC!!! :cool1: Glad he liked it - we do too!

I still haven't seen Fantasmic @ WDW, just DL, one of these days I'll remedy that.

Okay, if I get to respond tomorrow I will! :surfweb: I can't believe I am leaving tomorrow to go on a Disney Cruise! :scared1: I have a few more things to do, but will deal with them in the morning! I can't wait to share the rest of this trip AND my souvies and of course the cruise!!! So we'll hopefully get one more post and responses tomorrow -- heck, our last day and 1/2 left... we'll see how I do! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the great comments and good wishes! I can't wait to share everything with you!! :flower3:
I hope you're leaving before the next storm hits- have fun and say hi to the mouse for me!

You are gone, hope you get to check-in with us before you board the ship...
Awesome that the little guy got to ride RNR! It really is a great ride! I'll bet he was beaming!

Bon voyage! Howdy all! Here we are in the terminal! Can't wait to share it with you. Temp is cold. But the sun is shining! Getting ready to board soon!

I just read your TR and I would just love to pick up and go like you did! We've have 5 blizzards and untold inches of snow, and Florida sounds great right now.

Have fun on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter