• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snow, No Snow? Pre-trip report

Princess Clayre

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I may be a little late for a pre-trip report as we're off on Sunday but with most of the packing now done I thought I'd share a few of my plans.

Travelling will be Myself, DH and my DS age 7 1/2.

We are travelling down the London on Sunday, spending the afternoon in London including a visit to see Big Ben as my son had to see it EVERY time we go to London :laughing:. We're stopping overnight at the St Ermins hotel and then catching the afternoon Eurostar to DLP via Lille.

We're staying 5 nights at the Hotel New York, which we're looking forward to going back too. We're arriving quite late so have called them to request a double/double room. Got a lovely lady in the phone who has said this should be fine :thumbsup2

Our plans are fairly relaxed as we're not sure how the weathers going to pan out. Our last trip was in the summer before so this could be a whole new experience.

We'll make dining reservations when we arrive. Hopefully we'll get into Inventions one evening. Also thinking about Plaza Garden or Blue Lagoon. Possibly the Steakhouse or Cafe Mickey. Gutted that Walt's will be closed as this was our favourite restaurant last time. With the parks closing eariler i'm hoping we might even get to have a drink in the New York's bar this time as somehow we didn't manage it last time :confused3

We are also planning to up into Paris late one afternoon noon to catch the Eiffel Tower light show once it get's dark.

I've made my son an autograph book this time (something I've not tried before) and also a journal for him to fill in. I've made these in the past but just printed it myself. This year I found a fab company on the internet that have printed and spiral bound it, all for £7 :). Hoping he will love it.

I'm also excited this time as we will be share holders. I think Salon Mickey will be a welcome retreat on a cold morning.

I think that all for now. I can't wait, even if snow is forecast :wave2:

p.s Photos don't want to work at the moment, so will try and add later

Awwww I hope you have a lovely time and I hope the snow stays off for you!

I can imagine how excited you are as we go in 9 days an I can not wait.

Anyways have an amazing time and I look forward to hearing how it went once you are back.

Thanks both.

Lets see if the photos will work!

Autograph Book

6846229469_182ea6acd3_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6846230589_769b99bccc_m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Journal

6846231999_8cb131b04c_m.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]
6846234757_9c41976914_m.jpg
[/url]/IMG]

WOW they are amazing! I think I may do something similar for our next holiday

I love the fact you did the day page that is brilliant!

have a fantastic trip, we'll be there the same time as you, we'll look out for you in Salon Mickey, if it's really cold i think the place will be full of DISers trying to stay warm!! i love the autogra[ph book and the spiral note book is brilliant where did you get it printed xx

have a fantastic trip, we'll be there the same time as you, we'll look out for you in Salon Mickey, if it's really cold i think the place will be full of DISers trying to stay warm!! i love the autogra[ph book and the spiral note book is brilliant where did you get it printed xx

I think you could be right about Salon Mickey :laughing:

I had the book printed through a company called DOXdirect. I found them off a google search. You just create your document, save it into PDF format, then upload it to their website where you get to see a preview. Really quick and easy. They then print it and send it. Only took 2 days to arrive!

Have a great trip too :wizard:

Your trip sounds great, 5 nights at HNY - my idea of heaven!

Yes, Salon Mickey is a fantastic spot to nip back to - on tap hot chocolate :lmao:

You should notice a difference in crowd levels from summer and if you can cope with the cold, you'll get loads done :thumbsup2

I somehow missed this before you left, but hope you are having a great time:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter