Snow in December at Magic Kingdom?

Rootskate

<font color=red>Oh what I wouldn't give for a Zagn
I know this will sound like a dumb question, but here goes......I thought I heard that they make it "snow" on Main Street at the MK in December. Is this true? If so, is it something they do every night of the month? Or just certain nights? Thanks! :)

I remember experiencing it at DL...I also read that they make it snow at the MVMCP....

Inga

The snow machines are at work on Main Street on the nights of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

When we were there for Christmas 2003 they had snow both on Christmas Eve and Christmas Night. It was truly magical. I don't know about the other nights.
Smiles,
Diane =0)

It also snows on New York St. at MGM every night where the Osborne lights are and it doesn't cost anything extra.

When I was at the Xmas party a few years ago, the snow appeared to be like little bubbles. It is really pretty though, and really magical how they do it.

I remember snow during the party on main street during the parade. Dec 2003

I got to see the snow at MGM for the first time in January....it was simply magical! You really should check it out!

I am really thinking of a surprise long weekend trip for my Husband in December. Is the Christmas party really just for kids? Or is it anything 2 adults would be interested in?

MINNIEBOWSER said:
When I was at the Xmas party a few years ago, the snow appeared to be like little bubbles. It is really pretty though, and really magical how they do it.

They are more like soapflakes, but it is neat to see. The snow is better at the Disney Studios in my opinion, but both places definitely do have snow.

Rootskate said:
I am really thinking of a surprise long weekend trip for my Husband in December. Is the Christmas party really just for kids? Or is it anything 2 adults would be interested in?

Well, at 37 and 31, we are just a couple of big kids and we both love MVMCP. It's fun for all ages, just like Walt would have wanted. Maggie

mickeysaver said:
Well, at 37 and 31, we are just a couple of big kids and we both love MVMCP. It's fun for all ages, just like Walt would have wanted. Maggie
Funny you should say that.......We are also 31 and 37! :teeth:

Magical, truly magical.........that was the only way we could describe the snow at New York Ave. last Christmas. Between the Osborne Festival of Lights and the snow, I was near tears.

DebbieTN said:
It also snows on New York St. at MGM every night where the Osborne lights are and it doesn't cost anything extra.

I too think the snow at MGM is better. On Main St., you really have to look to see it. But at the Osbourne lights, it was in our hair and we could catch them in our hands. It was beautiful!

yankeemom311 said:
Magical, truly magical.........that was the only way we could describe the snow at New York Ave. last Christmas. Between the Osborne Festival of Lights and the snow, I was near tears.

Did you get one of those snowflakes in your eyes? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :wave2:

I was disappointed in the snow on mainstreet for christmas party. I guess I was expecting snow on Main Street. It is bubble snow that disappears before it hits the street? It was okay just not great.

They also have snow at Celebration during the holidays. A web search will turn up the dates and times.

We went once last year and were a bit disappointed. It was overdone. There was SO much soap that it was really just a big mess and we didn't let the kids get into it. Folks were having a great time, though, so you might want to check it out.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter