Snow Globes

stulaurie

Mouseketeer
My DD collects Snow Globes and is really looking forward to buying one at Disney. She is looking for the nicer more expensive ones as opposed to the plastic trinket ones. Any idea of what stores we will have luck finding them in?

Anyone know if the stores will ship it home for us I know we can't carry it on the plane and I am nervousness about putting it in checked luggage.

Thanks

My DD collects Snow Globes and is really looking forward to buying one at Disney. She is looking for the nicer more expensive ones as opposed to the plastic trinket ones. Any idea of what stores we will have luck finding them in?

Anyone know if the stores will ship it home for us I know we can't carry it on the plane and I am nervousness about putting it in checked luggage.

Thanks

Pretty much everywhere. There is usually a larger selection in World of Disney. Yes they will ship it home for you.

Thanks

Pretty much all over the Disney Resorts and Parks, but a few that come to mind are: Downtown Disney shops, The Emporium at Magic Kingdom, and the resort shops have a few, too. Yes, they ship. It would be best to get the items to your resort and then have the resort shops ship it to you.

I collect Snow Globes, too, and I always get the small, glass yearly snow globe! They do have a LOT of nice ones around WDW.

Any store will ship it home for you. You can find them in most stores, but sadly I think they slowed down on selling snow globes a lot. There use to be so many more choices. Now they have a lot of smaller ones to pick from, but they still have some nicer bigger ones.

My DD14 collects mini snowglobes (glass, not plastic) as well and has 75+. We always get a Disney snowglobe, by far the largest part of her collection. While I've found that since the liquids ban on airlines it's getting harder to find them, you should still be able to find enough at Disney in multiple locations to add to her collection.

I pack a snapware container full of snacks (granola bars, etc.) in my checked bag on the way to Disney. Then on the way home, I use the same container to carefully pack her snowglobes in with lots of padding (socks, etc.). I've never had a problem getting them home safely!

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items

Snow globes (unless otherwise prohibited)* carryon: OK checked: OK

*Snow globes that appear to contain less than 3.4 ounces (approximately tennis ball size) will be permitted if the entire snow globe, including the base, is able to fit in the same one clear, plastic, quart-sized, re-sealable bag, as the passenger’s other liquids, such as shampoo, toothpaste and cosmetics.

Bigger ones, ship them home of course.

I was so sad when I went to Disneyland Paris and I couldn't find a snow globe of that fantastic castle! It was such a special place to go and I couldn't find a good one!

But they do have plenty at the WoD and I believe the specialty main street stores? like on the eastern side, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter