Snow Days....Smow Days! I AM BACK 6/12

Thanks everyone for joining my dance party!!! You are all such great dancers!!! And the best thing is WE ARE ALL GOING TO DISNEY.....YIPPPPEEE!!! aaarrrrggghh! matey!pirate:

Up next AK day.......

Does anyone have any recommendations for some comfortable walking shoes for Disney? On our last trip I had bought some comfortable Nikes (or so I thought) and wore them 2 + months before going on our trip. I thought that would be ample time to break them in, well I was wrong. I ended up with dime sized blister on the ball of my foot, the bugged me for the rest of the trip.

Sorry if this grosses anyone out, but I have to show what I was dealing with on my last trip. UUGGHH! :sad2:

IMG_0401.jpg

I am getting a little nervous that I may not be able to keep up with my DH, also known to the kiddos and I as the “Drill Sargeant”, this coming trip.:scared1: I recently bought a new pair of Avias and even before I purchased them I had been noticing that I had been having mild heel pain. It has been winter so I have not been as active as usual. I am starting up with my walking the dog routine and have noticed that my heel pain has gotten progressively worse. I am not sure if it Plantar Fasciitis or maybe Achilles Tendonitis, whatever it is it is extremely painful and it has me worried. There is nothing worse than foot problems on a walking vacation. I may be one of those Disney fans on a scooter tooling around the parks. If this is the case, you all have ample warning; you may see me whizzing by at top speed for my fast passes so BEWARE!!!
Seriously though, if anyone has any tips on foot wear, I would be forever grateful!

On to the PTR………

Animal Kingdom is probably my least favorite park. I think it might be due to it seeming much more crowded and more hot and humid than the rest of the parks. I know it is supposed to have a warm climate atmosphere, but it truly is crazy HOT! I think I would probably enjoy this park around Christmas time. I think I could truly take it all in if I was cool and comfy. :cloud9:

There are things about this park that I like though and that is Kilimanjaro Safari, “It’s Tough to Be a Bug” and DINOSAUR. I do look forward to these things. I would also like to take a closer look at the “Tree of Life”. I heard it was amazing up close.
I would love to hear about others tips and tricks for this park and what you all enjoy most about AK. I think this may help me to look forward to this upcoming AK adventure and to try something new and worth while. popcorn::

We have ADRs for Rain Forest Café and ressies for T-Rex at 10pm. What??? :eek: That seems pretty late. I think that is the only time I could get. I don’t think the kiddos would be able to go that long without dinner. I guess we could load up on the RFC lunch, but then we would be stuffed, super uncomfortable, hot and humid and would probably end up going back to the resort for a nap. I guess I really need to call T-Rex directly and see if I can change it to an earlier time.

I thought I would share some pics of our past AK explorations.

The elephant and her babies :lovestruc
DSCN1528.jpg

Giraffes blocking the road
DSCN1522.jpg

Kay enjoying the safari
DSCN1526.jpg

The girl playing the bongos
DSCN1505.jpg

The kiddos in line for "It's Tough to Be a Bug"
IMG_0311.jpg

The fam with Donald
IMG_0331.jpg

Jay acting like a dinosaur
IMG_0325.jpg

Kay looking like she might be getting ready to be eaten by the dinosaur behind her
DSCN1500.jpg

Triceratop Spin
DSCN1497.jpg

And the only pics I can find of T-Rex

The glaciers changing colors
IMG_0350.jpg

T-Rex himself
IMG_0345.jpg

I really enjoyed this restaurant and the food was fabulous, as well. I think I had some grill chicken wrapped in fried pizza dough with waffle fries....hmmmm!....I wonder why I am instantly hungry??? :confused:
I better get back to walking the dogs. I can hear that extra weight floating around at T-Rex calling my name. :rotfl2:

Does anyone have any recommendations for some comfortable walking shoes for Disney? On our last trip I had bought some comfortable Nikes (or so I thought) and wore them 2 + months before going on our trip. I thought that would be ample time to break them in, well I was wrong. I ended up with dime sized blister on the ball of my foot, the bugged me for the rest of the trip.

Sorry if this grosses anyone out, but I have to show what I was dealing with on my last trip. UUGGHH! :sad2:

I am getting a little nervous that I may not be able to keep up with my DH, also known to the kiddos and I as the “Drill Sargeant”, this coming trip.:scared1: I recently bought a new pair of Avias and even before I purchased them I had been noticing that I had been having mild heel pain. It has been winter so I have not been as active as usual. I am starting up with my walking the dog routine and have noticed that my heel pain has gotten progressively worse. I am not sure if it Plantar Fasciitis or maybe Achilles Tendonitis, whatever it is it is extremely painful and it has me worried. There is nothing worse than foot problems on a walking vacation. I may be one of those Disney fans on a scooter tooling around the parks. If this is the case, you all have ample warning; you may see me whizzing by at top speed for my fast passes so BEWARE!!!
Seriously though, if anyone has any tips on foot wear, I would be forever grateful!

Sorry I don't have advice on footwear, I'm a shoe snob, as I mentioned in my PM. It sounds like you need to have it checked out. It could be spurs or something. :confused3

And again, I am now thankful we won't be going at the same time. You'll have two things to run me over with - the stroller wasn't enough, now you'll mow me down on an EVC. :lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

On to the PTR………

Animal Kingdom is probably my least favorite park. I think it might be due to it seeming much more crowded and more hot and humid than the rest of the parks. I know it is supposed to have a warm climate atmosphere, but it truly is crazy HOT! I think I would probably enjoy this park around Christmas time. I think I could truly take it all in if I was cool and comfy. :cloud9:

There are things about this park that I like though and that is Kilimanjaro Safari, “It’s Tough to Be a Bug” and DINOSAUR. I do look forward to these things. I would also like to take a closer look at the “Tree of Life”. I heard it was amazing up close.
I would love to hear about others tips and tricks for this park and what you all enjoy most about AK. I think this may help me to look forward to this upcoming AK adventure and to try something new and worth while. popcorn::

I can't miss FOTLK and Nemo (outside of KS). I won't do ITTBAB ... and not certain I'd handle Dinosaur. :lmao:

We have ADRs for Rain Forest Café and ressies for T-Rex at 10pm. What??? :eek: That seems pretty late. I think that is the only time I could get. I don’t think the kiddos would be able to go that long without dinner. I guess we could load up on the RFC lunch, but then we would be stuffed, super uncomfortable, hot and humid and would probably end up going back to the resort for a nap. I guess I really need to call T-Rex directly and see if I can change it to an earlier time.

I'd be famished with 10pm ADRs. I like to be in bed by 10pm when I'm at WDW so I can get up early. :lmao:

I thought I would share some pics of our past AK explorations.

The elephant and her babies :lovestruc

Giraffes blocking the road

Kay enjoying the safari

The girl playing the bongos

The kiddos in line for "It's Tough to Be a Bug"

The fam with Donald

Jay acting like a dinosaur

Kay looking like she might be getting ready to be eaten by the dinosaur behind her

Triceratop Spin

And the only pics I can find of T-Rex

The glaciers changing colors

T-Rex himself

Absolutely love the pics! :love:

I really enjoyed this restaurant and the food was fabulous, as well. I think I had some grill chicken wrapped in fried pizza dough with waffle fries....hmmmm!....I wonder why I am instantly hungry??? :confused:
I better get back to walking the dogs. I can hear that extra weight floating around at T-Rex calling my name. :rotfl2:

I wrote above in red. :rotfl:

I can't give you advice on foot wear but I can give you some advice that I have read about foot care. First make sure you have socks that keep your feet as dry as possible. A lot of athletic socks do this and so do diabetic socks (real comfortable but real expensive). Next buy some mole skin (I bought mine at Walmart) and if you start feeling a hot spot that might turn into a blister put on the moleskin and it should stop the blister from coming. But if you are unable to stop the blister, make sure you have some bandaids made for blisters. It is more comfortable on the blister (has a cut out for blister and special medicine) and it wont slip off the blister like a regular bandaid. FYI- I got this information from reading the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

If you do end up getting an EVC let me know, I'll give you my KTTW and you can get our FP's as well.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

OUCH on the blisters :eek: Now I'm nervous about that. I hope you can find something that works better for you!!!

Love your past trip pictures!! 10pm does seem way to late for dinner, especially for kids..I'm hoping we are all passed out by 10pm! :rotfl:

I agree with the other information about proper socks and moleskin. You'll want socks that are made to wick away moisture. I've also read on the boards that many people apply Body Glide to their feet to prevent blisters. Hope you can get another reservation for T-Rex. I agree that 10PM is very late. Not sure I would even be able to do that ;) Great pictures! I love the kids' reactions to the dinosaurs :goodvibes

Oops forgot to post this in my earlier post. Better late than never.:thumbsup2

Disdyou make your T-Rex reservations through WDW or did you call T-Rex? I called a couple of days ago and got reservations for June 2nd at 7pm. There wasn't any ADR's available through WDW reservations. :cool1:

I wrote above in blue. :rotfl:

See pink comments.

Sorry I don't have advice on footwear, I'm a shoe snob, as I mentioned in my PM. It sounds like you need to have it checked out. It could be spurs or something.

rotfl: I guess you are a shoe snob.:rotfl: since you only wear Sketchers. :rotfl2:
I am not sure what the heck is going on but the orthodics are working. Sooooo it must just be old age...:lmao:
:

And again, I am now thankful we won't be going at the same time. You'll have two things to run me over with - the stroller wasn't enough, now you'll mow me down on an EVC.

Awwwe! You know you would love to see the action of me using my stroller as a way to push people out of the way and racing my EVC for FP's. It really adds to the Disney magic. :laughing:

I can't miss FOTLK and Nemo (outside of KS).

Did they kids like these? I am not sure if Jay could sit through it. :rolleyes1

I'd be famished with 10pm ADRs. I like to be in bed by 10pm when I'm at WDW so I can get up early.

Yep, agreed! 10pm is even late for us. :eek: We wouldn't be able to get out of the room until noon the next day if we did these ADRs.

Absolutely love the pics!

Thanks! :lovestruc

My mouse is MIA again!!! :sad2: I have to track it down before I can go any furthur. I have COPY OFTEN stamped on my forehead today. :rotfl2:

I can't give you advice on foot wear but I can give you some advice that I have read about foot care. First make sure you have socks that keep your feet as dry as possible. A lot of athletic socks do this and so do diabetic socks (real comfortable but real expensive). Next buy some mole skin (I bought mine at Walmart) and if you start feeling a hot spot that might turn into a blister put on the moleskin and it should stop the blister from coming. But if you are unable to stop the blister, make sure you have some bandaids made for blisters. It is more comfortable on the blister (has a cut out for blister and special medicine) and it wont slip off the blister like a regular bandaid. FYI- I got this information from reading the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

I did get some new socks to day that state they wick away moisture. So I am hoping this is key. I will definitely pic up bandaids and moleskin, too, though. Can never be too prepared. ;)

If you do end up getting an EVC let me know, I'll give you my KTTW and you can get our FP's as well.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Will do, maam!!!!:lmao:

OUCH on the blisters :eek: Now I'm nervous about that. I hope you can find something that works better for you!!!

Yes, be prepared for blisters. It is a dirty little secret of WDW marathon vacations. :laughing:

Love your past trip pictures!! 10pm does seem way to late for dinner, especially for kids..I'm hoping we are all passed out by 10pm! :rotfl:

Thanks for the compliment on the pics! Yes, 10pm is too late! I STILL need to change that....:eek: Hope they have something earlier.

See pink comments.

Sorry I don't have advice on footwear, I'm a shoe snob, as I mentioned in my PM. It sounds like you need to have it checked out. It could be spurs or something.

rotfl: I guess you are a shoe snob.:rotfl: since you only wear Sketchers. :rotfl2:
I am not sure what the heck is going on but the orthodics are working. Sooooo it must just be old age...:lmao:
:

And again, I am now thankful we won't be going at the same time. You'll have two things to run me over with - the stroller wasn't enough, now you'll mow me down on an EVC.

Awwwe! You know you would love to see the action of me using my stroller as a way to push people out of the way and racing my EVC for FP's. It really adds to the Disney magic. :laughing:

I can't miss FOTLK and Nemo (outside of KS).

Did they kids like these? I am not sure if Jay could sit through it. :rolleyes1

I'd be famished with 10pm ADRs. I like to be in bed by 10pm when I'm at WDW so I can get up early.

Yep, agreed! 10pm is even late for us. :eek: We wouldn't be able to get out of the room until noon the next day if we did these ADRs.

Absolutely love the pics!

Thanks! :lovestruc

My mouse is MIA again!!! :sad2: I have to track it down before I can go any furthur. I have COPY OFTEN stamped on my forehead today. :rotfl2:

Really glad to hear the orthodics are working! :thumbsup2 And yeah, I may be a snob, but its really the only brand that I've found that are comfy, AND, they last forever. I wore my last pair for nearly 7 years ... and only replaced them because the soles were rubbed down from all my walking that it created a hole. It was fun to discover this hole on Black Friday ... in the rain. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I'll only go at the same time as you if I can ride on the back of your EVC and you hook up a wagon to haul DH and the kids in. That way, you don't mow me over (and my shins aren't bruised) and I get a free ride! :banana::banana::banana:

Both of my kids adored FOTLK and Nemo. DS saw Nemo in 2009 (DD did not - she was with mom) and he asked last year if we could see it again. FOTLK was a first for us last year, but the kids absolutely loved it. DS got a little scared a couple of times - when they'd bring out new scenes - but once he realized that it wasn't anything scary, he had a blast. They do a really good job at FOTLK in getting the audience involved (clapping, singing, even teaching them the hand jive). Nemo was more just a show, but FOTLK was more interactive. What kept the kids entertained while waiting for Nemo to start was watching for Nemo (in the bubbles to the sides of the stage). We'll be hitting both shows again this year - and that's a definite! :thumbsup2

Have you considered putting a tracking device on your mouse? :lmao: What color stamp did you decide to go with today for your forehead?

Did you get your 10pm ADR changed to a more humane hour? :rotfl:

I agree with the other information about proper socks and moleskin. You'll want socks that are made to wick away moisture. I've also read on the boards that many people apply Body Glide to their feet to prevent blisters. Hope you can get another reservation for T-Rex. I agree that 10PM is very late. Not sure I would even be able to do that ;) Great pictures! I love the kids' reactions to the dinosaurs :goodvibes

I am trying the socks that wick away moisture. Not sure about the body glide. Do you wear this on your feet with socks or is to be applied when wearing sandals????
Still need to call T-Rex. I hope they have available ressies for an earlier time.
Thanks for your sweet comments about the pics. The kids were soooo amused with the dinosaurs. :lovestruc

Oops forgot to post this in my earlier post. Better late than never.:thumbsup2

Disdyou make your T-Rex reservations through WDW or did you call T-Rex? I called a couple of days ago and got reservations for June 2nd at 7pm. There wasn't any ADR's available through WDW reservations. :cool1:

Thanks for the reminder, Corinne, for changing times for T-Rex....I need to get on it ASAP!!!
I am so glad that you were able to change. I look forward to hearing how Liam liked it!!! popcorn::

I am trying the socks that wick away moisture. Not sure about the body glide. Do you wear this on your feet with socks or is to be applied when wearing sandals????
Still need to call T-Rex. I hope they have available ressies for an earlier time.
Thanks for your sweet comments about the pics. The kids were soooo amused with the dinosaurs. :lovestruc

I haven't tried the product, but I've read about it plenty on the boards. Lots of people seem to swear by it. Mostly, people have posted that they apply before putting on socks...but I believe it can be used with sandals, as well.

Here is a link to the company's website and product information:
http://bodyglide.com/#/product_compare

i have recently purchased some moisture wicking socks. It was by accident, just a random clearance purchase. I'm impressed. i woudlnt' say i have sweaty feet or wet feet, and i could definitely notice the difference.

i thought i quoted Brittany too- but i LOVE body glide.

I am a flip flop girl. But i rubbed it everywhere that i thought there was a chance of rubbing. so for me it was in between the toes where the flip flop goes, under the strap across the top of my foot, and on the bottoms of my feet. i just put it on and then gave it a second to dry before putting my shoes on. I'd imagine it would work the same way before socks. It is a little expensive but lasts a long time. you can also use it for other spots you may chafe, like in between your thighs.

Congrats on your new T-Rex ressie. I am sure that 6:30 will be a much better time for you and the kidies. To bad we are going on seperate days (I am going on Thursday at 7pm) other wise we could say hi to each other. Oh well, I guess we will just have to find another day to meet.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:yay::yay:

I haven't tried the product, but I've read about it plenty on the boards. Lots of people seem to swear by it. Mostly, people have posted that they apply before putting on socks...but I believe it can be used with sandals, as well.

Here is a link to the company's website and product information:
http://bodyglide.com/#/product_compare

i have recently purchased some moisture wicking socks. It was by accident, just a random clearance purchase. I'm impressed. i woudlnt' say i have sweaty feet or wet feet, and i could definitely notice the difference.

i thought i quoted Brittany too- but i LOVE body glide.

I am a flip flop girl. But i rubbed it everywhere that i thought there was a chance of rubbing. so for me it was in between the toes where the flip flop goes, under the strap across the top of my foot, and on the bottoms of my feet. i just put it on and then gave it a second to dry before putting my shoes on. I'd imagine it would work the same way before socks. It is a little expensive but lasts a long time. you can also use it for other spots you may chafe, like in between your thighs.

I am SOLD on this Body Glide. I read the reviews and many people gave it 5 out of 5 rating. There were also many reviewers who used it in Disney. I am so glad you guys gave me the heads up on this. :woohoo: NO MORE BLISTERS!!
Now if I could just get a handle on this heel issue! I purchased Dr. Scholl's orthodic inserts for my sneakers last Thursday. I was SUPER hopeful since it seemed to be working for the last 4 -5 days. This evening, it is bothering me again, after walking the dogs....ugggh! I see a podiatrists appt. in my near future. :eek:

Congrats on your new T-Rex ressie. I am sure that 6:30 will be a much better time for you and the kidies. To bad we are going on seperate days (I am going on Thursday at 7pm) other wise we could say hi to each other. Oh well, I guess we will just have to find another day to meet.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:yay::yay:

I would absolutely LOVE :lovestruc to see you and Liam! I just compared our schedule along with yours and the only park day we will be there the same day is Tuesday, May 31st at HS. I see that you will be there for RD. I wish we could see you there, but we have never made it to a Rope Drop.....:eek: We just don't move too fast in the mornings. So I am not going to suggest that I see you there in the morning! :rotfl2:I am definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for you and all my DISboard friends. I have seen your pictures and I know what you all look like.....bwwwaaahhhaa!!!! It would be great to get a picture with you guys so we could post it on our TR. That would be so AWESOME!

I am SOLD on this Body Glide. I read the reviews and many people gave it 5 out of 5 rating. There were also many reviewers who used it in Disney. I am so glad you guys gave me the heads up on this. :woohoo: NO MORE BLISTERS!!
Now if I could just get a handle on this heel issue! I purchased Dr. Scholl's orthodic inserts for my sneakers last Thursday. I was SUPER hopeful since it seemed to be working for the last 4 -5 days. This evening, it is bothering me again, after walking the dogs....ugggh! I see a podiatrists appt. in my near future. :eek:

:hug:

I'm sorry your heels are bothering you again. Definitely go get them checked out and let us know how it goes! :thumbsup2

I would absolutely LOVE :lovestruc to see you and Liam! I just compared our schedule along with yours and the only park day we will be there the same day is Tuesday, May 31st at HS. I see that you will be there for RD. I wish we could see you there, but we have never made it to a Rope Drop.....:eek: We just don't move too fast in the mornings. So I am not going to suggest that I see you there in the morning! :rotfl2:I am definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for you and all my DISboard friends. I have seen your pictures and I know what you all look like.....bwwwaaahhhaa!!!! It would be great to get a picture with you guys so we could post it on our TR. That would be so AWESOME!

We will just have to figure out out how to meet.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2The plan is to make the rope drop, but I am not going to force it if we are both tierd. But being that DHS is one of Liam's fav's we will have to make a good effort.
I have no problem PMing you my phone # so it would be easier to meet at the park. I finally go texting (I know, I know, finally out of the stone ages.:lmao:) I definalty want a picture. We only had one DISmeet during our Wish Trip, and that was one of my favorite memories.:cheer2::cheer2:

A Little confused. Just went back to look at your plan and we have the first 3 days the same (well 2 1/2 because that first day is arrival day)?

We will just have to figure out out how to meet.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2The plan is to make the rope drop, but I am not going to force it if we are both tierd. But being that DHS is one of Liam's fav's we will have to make a good effort.
I have no problem PMing you my phone # so it would be easier to meet at the park. I finally go texting (I know, I know, finally out of the stone ages.:lmao:) I definalty want a picture. We only had one DISmeet during our Wish Trip, and that was one of my favorite memories.:cheer2::cheer2:

A Little confused. Just went back to look at your plan and we have the first 3 days the same (well 2 1/2 because that first day is arrival day)?

That would be so awesome if you guys were able to meet! I'd love to see some DISMeet pictures! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter