Snorkeling on Eastern

goincrusin

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have suggestions for snorkeling on the Eastern Caribbean Cruise? We can go in either St. Thomas or St Maarten.

Coki beach in St. Thomas has good snorkeling. THe beach is free, but you'll pay for the cab ride. Rates are government fixed--ask the driver and he can quote it in advance.

We just got back from the 3/26 Eastern, and we loved our snorkeling excursion with Captain Nautica in St Thomas. It was a Disney excursion, which is unusual for us since we usually book excursions on our own. We went on the early 7:30 AM excursion - great choice since Captain Nautica has speed boats and we were the first (and only, for a while) tour out snorkeling at Turtle Cove. We saw lots of sea turtles, and many came up to the surface to greet us while snorkeling. The other spot they took us to was a Sunken Ship cove...also very nice with lots of different fish, but we all liked Turtle Cove the best. We were back to the ship by noon, and had plenty of time to shower and head back out to do some shopping in St Thomas. Our Captain Nautica crew was fantastic (Rick and Amber) - very fun trip! pirate:

We just got back from the 3/26 Magic Eastern as well and we did St John-Trunk Bay. It was WAY too short! Although the kids LOVED the ferry boat ride over, I found myself constantly looking at our watches once we finally arrived to St John to listen out for the 20 min bus ride back to the ferry. If we do St John/Thomas again, we'll do our own excursion to St John as it is a national park and GORGEOUS and we had a lot of fun snorkeling there and saw lots of cool and beautiful fish (no turtles though). When we filled out our comment form at the end of the trip, I suggested DCL leave earlier (we met at 10:15). If they don't do an excurions leaving earlier, we'll do Trunk Bay on our own next time or possibly try another one.

I also wanted to do the Tiki Hut Snorkel (St Martin I think it is?) but that was already booked 75 days out.

We just got back from the 3/26 Eastern, and we loved our snorkeling excursion with Captain Nautica in St Thomas. It was a Disney excursion, which is unusual for us since we usually book excursions on our own. We went on the early 7:30 AM excursion - great choice since Captain Nautica has speed boats and we were the first (and only, for a while) tour out snorkeling at Turtle Cove. We saw lots of sea turtles, and many came up to the surface to greet us while snorkeling. The other spot they took us to was a Sunken Ship cove...also very nice with lots of different fish, but we all liked Turtle Cove the best. We were back to the ship by noon, and had plenty of time to shower and head back out to do some shopping in St Thomas. Our Captain Nautica crew was fantastic (Rick and Amber) - very fun trip! pirate:

Ditto! We did this two weeks earlier than this poster. The snorkeling was not as impressive as I expected the Caribbean to be (we go to Hawaii a lot), but swimmng with the turtles was really cool. Got very crowded after all the catamarans and other boats showed up.

The boats Capt'n Nautica uses are fast and comfortable enough. And yes, the staff is very professional and fun.

We did the Doubloon Sail and Snorkel to Turtle Cove. The ship was a lot of fun, the snorkeling was fun but I guess I was expecting more. The reef seemed a little worn. The turtles were cool.

My parents took the girls to Coral World and they had better tropical views from the underwater observatory (from the pictures they took).

I think the next time I go snorkeling I might do a private charter for the simple reason that it got very crowded and I was constantly worried about kicking someone or being kicked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter