Snorkeling in St Thomas

goincrusin

Earning My Ears
We are going on the Oct 22 Eastern and would like to snorkel in St Thomas. Any recommendations??

We went to Magen's Bay and snorkeled right off the beach there. Cheap. Just took a taxi from the dock to the Bay.:thumbsup2

We went to Sapphire beach 2 weeks ago and rented snorkel gear for 1 hour for $5 each. The taxi ride over and back was $10 each, one way.

They have nice reef that is only about chest deep. If it is not too crowded they said you could see turtles and stingrays as well. Also they have iguanas that hang out in and around the sea grape trees.

A neat little area. From what I understand, it is not as crowded as Meagans beach gets.

I suggest Coki Beach. Great snorkeling. We stayed a week on St Thomas a couple of years ago and we loved Coki Beach.

We did the full day sail and snorkel which went to Turtle Cove. It was very cool. I saw a barracuda, about 15 turtles and the reef was pretty cool. Not very many fish other than that, but we went mainly for the turtles anyway. :goodvibes

I recommend that excursion. The guys who took us our were really fun :thumbsup2

Years back sailed on the Doubloon and snorkeled and it was wonderful! Saw the Doubloon from the Magic in December and she is still sailing her pirate themed tours. I would do it again. In December we went to Magen's Bay and it was lovely - truly beautiful. We did not snorkel, but would. LOTS of people there, though, so not sure how much sand and fish were disturbed.

Next trip -- heading to see St. John :thumbsup2

Caryn

I have to second the Doubloon excursion, we did it on our honeymoon in '05, and now we're just waiting for the kids to both be old enough for it. Definately worth the money!

Another vote for the Doubloon excursion! We did this October 2009 and it was great. Saw LOTS of turtles, some stingrays and cool fish. One of the crew members is a marine biologist and she had great info about the sea critters.

I suggest Coki Beach. Great snorkeling. We stayed a week on St Thomas a couple of years ago and we loved Coki Beach.

I understand Coki has great snorkeling as well, however, you might want to steer clear. A friend of mine who lives on St. Thomas said there has been gang activity at Coki lately, and warned me to rent a locker for all our valuables at the dive shop if we decided to go there. We decided to go to Sapphire instead.

There again, that is only one person's opinion, but I wanted to mention it.

We have done doubloon and the catamaran to St John and loved both of them, well worth it for us. If you have kids, Doubloon is a fun ride, but if you are adults then St John is incredible. If you have both, you get to decide who wins the argument. Kids will have fun and the snorkling is great on both, but the pirate ship was a lot of fun going and coming from the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter