Snorkeling Gear

cntkg1

<b><font color=blue>Runs with Scissors!!<br><font
After our first Disney cruise last October, we decided to buy our own snorkeling gear. Just the vest, mask, and snorkel. I was checking ebay but am quite confused with what we need.

Any ideas? We want just the basics. Nothing fancy.

Thanks everyone!!

We bought ours at the end of the summer season at K-mart for around $10 for a set with fins, mask, and snorkel. They were very nice too! Dh and ds both used theirs several times in June, and thought they were great.

I would look for the end of the season deals if you have time. Now the vests, you need to remember they are not life vests, but snorkel vests. We have never taken these on any of our trips. Especially since at CC, you can borrow a vest for free.

musicgirl said:
I would look for the end of the season deals if you have time. Now the vests, you need to remember they are not life vests, but snorkel vests. We have never taken these on any of our trips. Especially since at CC, you can borrow a vest for free.

I didn't know we could borrow vests for free at CC. Do we get them at Serenity Bay or the Family Beach?

I second musicgirl. I found my in Kmart and it was bodyglove. Came it a great carry bag too. Found it in Sept. I would keep checking for the end of season. You will find the perfect set for you.

cntkg1 said:
I didn't know we could borrow vests for free at CC. Do we get them at Serenity Bay or the Family Beach?

Vests are available at Family Beach.

Woody

We've purchased our snorkel gear (mask, snorkel & fins) at WalMart. They weren't too expensive. We have a nylon bag to keep them in, and we learned how to pack them well for cruising. I've snorkeled at Castaway looking for the hidden Mickey on the bottom of the lagoon without fins...and it was a lot of work. This year, I used fins, and it was much easier and I spent a lot more time in the water. Hope you enjoy your snorkeling. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter