Snorkeling and renting snorkel equipment

JJsmama

WDW addict
I am hoping to snorkel with my dh and kids at CC. I don't want to do an excursion, but would like to do it where it is shallow enough for DSs to put their feet down. Are the reefs shallow?

Plus, I've read about renting the equipment at CC and it isn't a bad price (seems to me) but the idea of using someone else's snorkel offends me. Any one know if they sterilize them and how?
Thanks!

You can but you own equipment for about what you will pay to rent it.

The snorkeling at CC is not in wading water. You have to swim out aways to get to where you will the fish etc. If your boys are not swimmers it may be difficult for them.

Please elaborate. My kids 7 and 9 are decent swimmers but what if they get tired. Is there a place they can take a rest out in the good snorkeling water? Could we drag a raft out with us so they could hand on and take a breather every now and again?

We bring our own snorkel equipment - just for sanitary reasons!

Rae

OK, I was thinking of bringing our own equip. too. I just saw a pack at Costco. Thanks for the info on depth of water . It may not do for the boys. I'll have to see how great they are swimming after this summer.

I read that the snorkel equip. you rent includes a light flotation vest. I wonder if you can rent just the vest? This might be good for the poster who has boys 7 and 9--to give the a little extra rest and security.

If you bring your own equipment don't worry about the floatation vests. You MUST use one if you're snorkelling and Disney provides them free to everyone that wants one. They are located on the lifeguard stands and you just grab what you need. They make it so much easier if they get tired.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Does anyone know if you get to use the snorkel equipment for the day after doing the teen Wildside excursion? We are bringing two sets of equipment but it would be nice if we have the extra set for the day. Thanks

How deep is the snorkeling water? If they make you wear floatation how can you swim under water and check out the fish?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter