Sneaking in 7 to FW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myob1

Earning My Ears
What are the chances of being able to get away with having our family of seven stay in one of the Fort Wilderness cabins? Six in a cabin is the stated limit. Are there bed checks? The kids run from ages 5 through 15, and frankly the five-year-old pretty much will sleep anywhere.

Probably no one here will give you the answer you want to hear.

There certainly aren't bed checks!

The main problem will be the lack of resort ID for one person. You'll need resort ID for early entry or whatever it is called now.

The cabin will be very crowded with 7 people and one bathroom! But you're probably used to crowds. :) I'm an only child.

Welcome to the DIS - looks like your first post. Just wanted to hand you the flame resistant suit since you might need it :rolleyes: Usually posters who ask about bending the rules are not encouraged to do it.

I don't know much about the cabins or other on-site accomodations for familes of 7 - perhaps there are bigger cabins or one of the "home-away-from-home" type rooms? There are folks on the timeshare board here who rent points for their villa rooms that would hold that many people and have a kitchen.

Good luck!

There are really only 6 spaces as beds; 1 set of 2 bunks (twin), and 2 double beds. The bed in the living room takes up almost the whole area, so there isn't room for even a sleeping bag. Also, as stated before, you won't get a resort ID for the undeclared child. You could check on the DVC Board for someone who would rent points to you. Or, try Hotelkingdom for an offsite place that fits 7.

With a crew that size I would consider getting two connecting value rooms. I agree with the others, who wouldn't get to go to the parks because you won't get tickets for the unregistered person.

Florida Fire laws are who sets the limits to how many people in one room or cabin or what every type of hotel/motel accommadation that you are looking for. Your best bet will be 2 rooms that have connecting - Disney does guarantee connecting when there are more children than adults on a reservation or one of the 2 bedroom villas at one of Disney's Home Away From Home (DVC) resorts. There are some family suites that are located at the Main Gate area - which is around the Downtown Disney area

As well as the bunk beds, the double bed in the bedroom, and the double murphy bed in the living room, there is a love seat, where your 5 year old could sleep. That being said, I doubt it if all of you were crammed into the cabin, that you would enjoy yourself. We had 6 in our party, and that was plenty in a small space like a cabin. The washroom could be a problem for 7, but I think that could be the least of your worries. If you don't have proper documentation at the entrance to the parks, or if you get caught, it could spoil your vacation. Do you really want to take that chance? I would suggest you get connecting rooms at a value resort, for about the same price as you may be paying for Fort Wilderness.

Hmmm, assuming that this is a serious post, I would get two rooms at a value. You can still bring breakfast food and snacks to save $ That way you'll have 4 beds, two bathrooms and 2 TVs. Like others have mentioned, by sneaking 7 into a cabin you will only have 6 room keys and will not be able to do the extra hours in the parks.

T&B

So basically, if you don't want the early park entry, and really, it's only one hour early, go for it. The Disney Secret Police won't be knocking on your door. IMO, the real problem has got to be the one small bathroom for everyone...YIKES!

Laugh O. Grams said:
So basically, if you don't want the early park entry, and really, it's only one hour early, go for it. The Disney Secret Police won't be knocking on your door. IMO, the real problem has got to be the one small bathroom for everyone...YIKES!

Actually, now it switches between one hour early entry, and 3 hours in the evening! The 3 evenings hours is great - the parks stays open an extra 3 hours for resort guests after closing to the general public!

I've always wondered about those occupancy rates.......why can you have 6 people at the Poly (1 under 3) and yet only 4 in a one bedroom DVC styled resort?

5 people can be at PO Riverside, and yet 4 in the other value resorts........

It has to be something else than just the fire code

Just wondering......

Julia

Julie M: I guess it's the way the rooms are set up. For instance, the POR has rooms with 2 double beds and a trundle bed for the 5th person. The other Value and Moderate resorts do not have that trundle bed. :wave:

Even for safety reasons alone I would not want to sneak in anyone -- esp a child.
Unlikely to occur -- but just say a fire or other life threatening situation happened. Security and emergency personnel would only be looking for x# of people. Not extras here and there they did not know were staying in the same room or cabin.

Rhonda said:
Julie M: I guess it's the way the rooms are set up. For instance, the POR has rooms with 2 double beds and a trundle bed for the 5th person. The other Value and Moderate resorts do not have that trundle bed. :wave:

True. But Disney could make them available if they wanted to. CBR rooms are larger than POR and I believe the rooms at WL are too, but they just don't provide trundles therefor they don't allow more 4 to a room (with the exception of an infant). I am not disputing that they tell you occupancy is due to fire codes but I just don't buy it. If it's ok to have 5 in a room at POR with such and such amount of space, and you can stay at offsite hotels/motels with sometimes less space I don't think it is really a fire issue. I love WDW but honestly I think they made those rules to "force" (for lack of a better word) families of 5 to either book 2 rooms or go deluxe.

I think your best bet would be 2 rooms at a value. You would also have 2 bathrooms.

Rule Bending really irks me, for a variety of reasons. The title of the thread that includes the word "Sneaking" should have been the answer without the question being asked. All of the above reasons everyone has offered are really good and are true, I am sure.

My whole reason for not doing this kind of thing is the example I set for my children. They see and hear and understand much, much more than we think they do.

You could always say you "lost" one of your keys and get a new one to get around the early entry thing. The whole "kids" excuse irks me every time I see it on here. Kids have no idea about hotel occupany. I sure didn't when I was a kid. What are your kids more likely to remember - the time at disney we all were squeezed into a cabin, wasn't that fun? or remember when we broke the occupany rules at disney. That said, you may want to look into the other options others have suggested, two rooms at a value or renting points for a dvc villa. Both may be cheaper than the cabin.

HitchhikingGhost said:
Rule Bending really irks me, for a variety of reasons. The title of the thread that includes the word "Sneaking" should have been the answer without the question being asked. All of the above reasons everyone has offered are really good and are true, I am sure.

My whole reason for not doing this kind of thing is the example I set for my children. They see and hear and understand much, much more than we think they do.

I agree, and I think that the OPs screen name may also say something. I guess time will tell if we smell a troll. Maybe it's truly a first time poster, in which case I say "welcome to the DIS", but my gut tells me otherwise.

As to the room limits, I've also wondered why trundles have not been put in CBR rooms since they have the most sq footage of the moderates. Charge the extra $15 for the 5th person (and use of the trundle) and WDW will have less people sneaking that 5th person and more people staying onsite and will have the extra person fee, too.

T&B

There are limits in rooms for a reason. Call and ask why it's a 6 person limit. You may get a very logical answer. "Sneaking" is a word that bothers me too. It infers lying. I am an avid rule follower and I agree that it's about setting a good example for your children as well. Everyone breaking the rules results in anarchy. If you have a large family, you have to expect that most situations will not accomodate you the same way a family of 4-5 will be accomodated. That's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter