**SNEAK PREVIEW ** CONTEMPORARY Rehab Photos!!!

Thank you - I knew what the hallways looked like before (yuck) & I like the new brown carpeting, it just says "monorail" to me... but you'd think those workers could have been a bit more careful with their coffee... look at all those stains already! :goodvibes

awsome!!Ilove the colors, I am totally into the nutrels, are ALL the rooms going to be done! maybe I will try them soon!

WOw that looks so kewl I hope they re-do all of the rooms like that! The decor of the contemp has never appealed to me, but those two rooms look awesome.

Wow! Thanks for posting! Maybe they are previews of what's to come? Not for someone to stay in, but just to show what it could (will?) look like?

It does remind me of a convention hotel, or some of the newer office buildings around here. Has a more upscale feel than the old rooms.

It's beautiful, but not very Disney (to me). Still, I'd love to stay in rooms like that!

Thanks for posting the pictures...you got an "exclusive"!

Looks nice with the new decor..much better than all the crazy colors. Thanks!

It's tough to tell from a photo, and I'm probably in the minority, but I think the rooms look dark. We have a lot of neutral shades at home, but at Disney we're on vacation.

The new decor looks awesome. I'm sure they will add some more touches to liven things up before they are done. We love the room size and location of the CR. I'd guess they were redoing these rooms for the BIG Celebration later this week. I'm also guessing that the South Wing rooms are all going to look like this. The South Wing is closed until Oct. They are gutting it and redoing all the rooms.

swilphil said:
The new decor looks awesome. I'm sure they will add some more touches to liven things up before they are done. We love the room size and location of the CR. I'd guess they were redoing these rooms for the BIG Celebration later this week. I'm also guessing that the South Wing rooms are all going to look like this. The South Wing is closed until Oct. They are gutting it and redoing all the rooms.
Good thought! The south wing is closest to the convention center. Maybe it will be the main building for people staying for a convention.

Do you know if they did the North wing yet? Or is that to be done after the south wing? thx

Thanks for the pictures. They look great. I have read on another web site that they think the Contemporary is going to go in part DVC. We will have to wait and see.

The rooms aren't too dark in person. We stayed at AKL before moving to the CR and the AKL rooms are definitely much darker. The walls are like a light moss green (or 'soft fern', which is what my living room walls are and they looked about the same color), and that helps keep things brighter. The mousekeeping staff had just entered with bedding to make the beds, but they didn't have the new comforters on yet when we were there. They're supposed to be neutral shades like the rest of the decor though, no more loud primary colors.

The bathroom door is essentially opaque. You can see light, so I guess really it's translucent, but don't worry, you won't be visible from the shower. And there's still the separate room for the toilet, with a regular solid door.

I too liked the huge countertops, especially since there was just the one sink in it, so there was so much space-my husband, BIL, daughter, and me had all our stuff out there and still had tons of room. Now with the 2 sinks, even if they add a shelf there won't be as much space, but I guess there's always that other area by the toilet.

My parents never wanted to stay in the tower. They always say it looks like a prison. Maybe the new doors will change the total look of the building. Regardless I'll be staying there on December 2nd and I can't wait.

Oh boy...I can't wait I hope I get a "new" room in September!!!! :Pinkbounc

Now I thought that the CR was already rehab not that long ago??!! Am I crazy!!!! (Be nice;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter